Tekin RS ESC sensored

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tekin RS ESC sensored

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2010, 05:42 AM
Tech Rookie

Thanks for the advise folks, I feel much happier that I haven't wasted my cash on the speed passion motor now.

One last question, should I put the timing on the motor endbell down to 0, or leave it at 10 as this is what I set it to to run on my Nosram Evo ESC.

I'm kind of guessing that I should go back to zero and play with the ESC settings, and if I can't get enough out of the motor try edging the timing up on the motor.]

Thanks
Old 08-25-2010, 05:57 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sidecarphil1
yup thats what I ment sorry , I thought Muppet was a universal word

I maintain my car perfectly and to sugest something faulty on my car if you knew me would not be a question ...

I cannot test against the others as they dont train so much as me and when they do train I am usually working due to my shifts at work..

As i said the only thing that changed in my car was the speedos softwere so i am thinking that IS the problem , and can 10 other people who are having almost the same problems as me have a bad bearing or a bent tierod or a broken belt or so on ..... after just uploading softwere ???
IF I knew you we wouldn't be discussing this over the internet now would we?

o.k. sooo how do you know you are down 2 seconds if you are not racing?
What are you comparing this to?
I'm not trying to an ass but you offer no reasoning or state how it is you know you are 2 seconds slower.
Old 08-25-2010, 06:06 AM
Tech Addict

@Markeo So far I've had the best results running 5 on the motor which is in the middle, It was also really quick with 10 on the motor but would run a little too warm when the ambient was up.
Old 08-25-2010, 06:37 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Markeo
Hi
I've just bought an RS and was planning to run it with my existing SP V3.0 13.5T motor, however a couple of guiys at are club are telling me not to bother as the RS does not work well with this motor and I need to buy a LRP X12 13.5T to get the best performace. This suprised me as I though the SP motors were pretty good, and with the adjustabiltiy of the RS I should be able to get a pretty good setup.

Has anybody got a SP V3.0 13.5T motor running on a RS / RS Pro that they are happy with, or un happy with?

My ESC will be runing 208 when it's installed

Thanks
most people at the track that I race at use either speedpassion or boss motors ( boss motors are retuned speedpassion v3's). and everyone is happy. so far I have not heard any complaints. and some of the drivers are well known and sponsored champions. some use Lrp x12's they say the motors carry too much dragbrake and have high temps.
Old 08-25-2010, 06:43 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by 20 SMOKE
i think you hit the nail on the head,your not suppost to run max timing as it can bog down and i think that is why you are slower
It is the only way i can get it to work quick , every other settijg is just no good , i am open to sugestions of set ups ti try but this at the moment is quickest for me
Old 08-25-2010, 06:47 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by hairy
IF I knew you we wouldn't be discussing this over the internet now would we?

o.k. sooo how do you know you are down 2 seconds if you are not racing?
What are you comparing this to?
I'm not trying to an ass but you offer no reasoning or state how it is you know you are 2 seconds slower.
Mylaps , i do so much training on my own that i find myself racing against the clock and i set my transponder timer to 7 mins then set it going after 1 flying warm up lap then race till my timer gois off and finish that lap then i know how many laps i can do and my laptimes

I know the our track changes every day but usually with a change of tyres i can get intp the mid 17's now i am in the mid 19's

I am lost forbwhere the speed has gone i cannot understand it BUT the only thing i changed was the speedo softwere
Old 08-25-2010, 06:53 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sidecarphil1
Mylaps , i do so much training on my own that i find myself racing against the clock and i set my transponder timer to 7 mins then set it going after 1 flying warm up lap then race till my timer gois off and finish that lap then i know how many laps i can do and my laptimes

I know the our track changes every day but usually with a change of tyres i can get intp the mid 17's now i am in the mid 19's

I am lost forbwhere the speed has gone i cannot understand it BUT the only thing i changed was the speedo softwere
Did you ever try new/different batteries? I had some IP packs that went dead on me after only about 6 months use. Car was quick , but just seemed to lack a little something. I borrowed another racers pack and it was night and day. Just food for thought.
Old 08-25-2010, 07:01 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by JCarr
Did you ever try new/different batteries? I had some IP packs that went dead on me after only about 6 months use. Car was quick , but just seemed to lack a little something. I borrowed another racers pack and it was night and day. Just food for thought.
this is my next test , i will borrow a pack from a mate and test them back to back
Old 08-25-2010, 07:03 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kevin Marcy
Any chance you're using a JR/Spektrum high torque servo? I've been having similar issues with 2 different brands of ESC. The local hobby shop was told by Castle Creations that for some reason, JR high-torque servos can draw up to 6 amps when changing direction, which causes the ESC's BEC circuit to shut down briefly. This re-boots your receiver for a second or two and (if you're lucky), the car stops. At the end of a straightaway, the amp draw should be lower at high RPM, so any low voltage issues should happen when you first hit full throttle. My car always seems to shut down at the end of the straight just as I turn in, so Castle's explanation sounds possible. I'm going to try a big capacitor on the receiver this week, and if that fails swap to differend brand of servo.
It could be the servo but I suggest you check each electronic component one by one. For instance, I recently had a problem with losing steering as soon as I went full throttle. I tried different receivers, servos, and different speed controls. It turned out to be my transponder shorting out the receiver in the third channel slot. Moved the transponder to channel 4 and no more problems.
Old 08-25-2010, 10:50 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Sory late reply, have been busy. Running an RS Pro. No fan blowing at solder post, no heat shrink at all. I suspect its my LRP Capitor aint capable of handing the heat or either my capacitor is dead.

Originally Posted by Cpt.America
And you're running an RS pro? or just an RS?
Do you have a fan blowing across your solder posts?
Do you have any heat shrink on your solder posts?
Old 08-25-2010, 11:18 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Akudou
Sory late reply, have been busy. Running an RS Pro. No fan blowing at solder post, no heat shrink at all. I suspect its my LRP Capitor aint capable of handing the heat or either my capacitor is dead.
If you are running a 4.5 octawind, try running this and see what you get:

FDR 9.0
Fan on solder posts
Factory Tekin cap X2
0 boost
0 turbo

If it has no acceleration whatsoever down the straight like you say... something else i swrong
Old 08-25-2010, 02:28 PM
Tech Adept

A question about an LRP x12 10.5T

I have the insert with 0000 (four dots) Is that what you would refer to as zero timing, what most people suggest as best for Tekin?
Old 08-25-2010, 02:40 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Finken
A question about an LRP x12 10.5T

I have the insert with 0000 (four dots) Is that what you would refer to as zero timing, what most people suggest as best for Tekin?
No the 4 dot insert is -10 but even with the 4 dot timing insert the X-12 motor still has around 18 degrees of timing, so you need to be gentle with the timing on the RS.
Old 08-25-2010, 02:48 PM
Tech Adept

Ok, i understand. But you will recomend four dots as the best "insert", along with 45 timing B, 10 TB, 5xxx-14xxx RPM delay 0,2 ramp 2 ??
Old 08-25-2010, 03:43 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Finken
Ok, i understand. But you will recomend four dots as the best "insert", along with 45 timing B, 10 TB, 5xxx-14xxx RPM delay 0,2 ramp 2 ??
a round the 60-70 timing range with motor timing,i only use 60 total some use as much as 80+,what i would do is use no turbo use motor and timing boost and add turbo later if needed

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.