Search

Tekin RS ESC sensored

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2009, 03:24 PM
Tech Master

Wich motor?
4,5T?

Originally Posted by 2wdrive
installed it on my laptop and had the exact same thing that message in a green box just like on the picture.

Anyway.. i still tried it out with mixed results. I drove together with someone who had a regular lrp spx, no stock spec just the spx digital or something. Anyway, his rollout is roughly 55 but i could not get the same speed as he was going. He was way faster on the strait. I changed rollout from 56 to 59 and put boost steadily towards 22. With this setting we had roughly the same speed on the straight.

The thing is that the progres of gaining speed is not the same. I can see that with the tekin the start is quite fast, a little faster then the spx, then it seems to not gaining speed that much ( the spx eccelarates then faster, gaining on me) and then it seems the boost kicks in or somethng and i gain more top end so we have roughly the same top speed at the end. Then i can hear the motor scream quite a high pitch sound. Tempature was around 55-60 degrees celcius his temps were just a little lower.

Two settings i want to try out next time. One with the same rollout as he has, around 56 but then very high boost and i will try a rollout of around 58 instead of 59 and boost of 25 instead of 22.

With lower rollout of 54 or 56 i really couldn't out run him on the strait, he flew past me but in the infield i was a little faster because the speed out of the corner is quite fast. The thing is that he didn't change his rollout at all while i had to do it to get the same speed plus put some more boost.

This is on a big 1/8 gas track with a long strait. The speed that was measured by the speedtrap on the end of the straight was around 85-87 km/h
Old 05-23-2009, 03:58 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally Posted by EVILGRAFX
I can't say if this is definitely the problem or not but, I had a similar problem and it didn't go away until I used a registry cleaner application. Every time you load new software, information gets loaded into the registry about that program. Using the add/remove program in the control panel is supposed to get rid of that information but, doesn't always get it all.

Hope this helps.
Except for the fact that it happens on a computer that has NEVER see tekin software before. And if you go back a version... the issue goes away. Im pretty sure its a problem with the boost setting they changed.
Old 05-23-2009, 05:02 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gortan
I'm also getting this error... screen shot attached with this post.

I did not have this issue prior the 1s fix.
ie. 3.24 did not generate this error.. but 3.25 is.

thanks.

Try a factory reset on the speedo and try again. It looks more like the software doesn't like one of the old settings. A factory reset should fix it.
Old 05-23-2009, 05:33 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Fred_B
Try a factory reset on the speedo and try again. It looks more like the software doesn't like one of the old settings. A factory reset should fix it.

I tried that and didn't work
Old 05-23-2009, 06:35 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cpt.America
Except for the fact that it happens on a computer that has NEVER see tekin software before. And if you go back a version... the issue goes away. Im pretty sure its a problem with the boost setting they changed.
It's kinda weird that it's screwing up on so many computers that this one person uses and out of all the people I know personally that are using these upgrades, not one person has had a problem.

Old 05-23-2009, 06:42 PM
avs
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

It's kinda weird that it's screwing up on so many computers that this one person uses and out of all the people I know personally that are using these upgrades, not one person has had a problem.

hmm, maybe all the machines have the same windows flavor?

maybe randy pike was right to call this a 'install problem', it may be that we (i am getting the nifty yellow window message) have some odd windows thing happening.

my machine has windows xp sp3, but now i will try it on a vista and xp sp2 (they each have very different software loads) to see if it is a PC or ESC centric thing
Old 05-23-2009, 07:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 138 (100%+)

is hotwire vista64x compatable?
Old 05-23-2009, 07:33 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

[QUOTE=Randy_Pike;5847784]]We have the speed we're looking for. There is always room for improvement. We have some of our biggest sceptics running the RS against the SPX's and they too are liking it.
QUOTE]

Just go ahead and use my name This speedo is the real deal and it didn't require the purchase of a whole new system
Old 05-23-2009, 07:50 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mojoman
I don't know the stock timing but, if you're running a RS at the "C" try a 4.2 or lower fdr (especially with the current layout). Check motor temps after a 6 minute run. Gear from there.
Thanks. Hope to be down either next week or the week after. Thanks again for the info.
Old 05-23-2009, 07:52 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Randy_Pike
Stock timing is 12 out of the box.

Your boost will not go to 45 even if it's showing it.

For those having install issues I'd like to know what OS you're using?

If you are running Vista you MUST delete the hidden file in the "virtual store" folder. I made a video to show you how to get to it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tTp3tUL9u8Y

We have the speed we're looking for. There is always room for improvement. We have some of our biggest sceptics running the RS against the SPX's and they too are liking it.

EJ is a super fast driver and is one to watch. But it's he's not running anything special. His car is super dialed and he's running faster than some mod guys. His car has mad corner speed and just looks to be in a different level. He does have competition and racing is racing.
Thanks
Old 05-23-2009, 08:14 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

I am a systems administrator, have been a PC tech for over a decade, and I install, uninstall, administer, and troubleshoot PCs for a living. It most certainly is NOT, something that I am doing.
Old 05-23-2009, 08:35 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

out of all the people I know personally that are using these upgrades, not one person has had a problem.

Maybe they have not downloaded the new software 3.25 As I have installed all the other versions with no problems. I did the right uninstall by removing the hidden files in Vista 1st. But this new version also had a problem with my XP system that was just reinstalled and has never had hotwire installed on it before

-=light=-
Old 05-23-2009, 09:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

I am a systems administrator, have been a PC tech for over a decade, and I install, uninstall, administer, and troubleshoot PCs for a living. It most certainly is NOT, something that I am doing.
Well, you certainly have the expertise. I was simply stating that it's weird.
Old 05-23-2009, 09:12 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

All the people I know represent 0.0000001% of all Windows computer configurations
Old 05-23-2009, 10:22 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Fred_B
With HW 3.25.. I reflashed the tekin... so it was back to factory defaults and the same msg kept popping up...

Yes I've done a fresh install last week and installed the first time yesterday and I have this error. I do also beleive it's an issue with the boost setting that is allowed to go beyond 30....

Originally Posted by avs
hmm, maybe all the machines have the same windows flavor?

maybe randy pike was right to call this a 'install problem', it may be that we (i am getting the nifty yellow window message) have some odd windows thing happening.

my machine has windows xp sp3, but now i will try it on a vista and xp sp2 (they each have very different software loads) to see if it is a PC or ESC centric thing
So far we've seen on XP and Vista. I tried in Windows 7 (similar to Vista) and the issue is the same.

Last edited by gortan; 05-23-2009 at 10:36 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.