Wiki Posts
Search

23T motor thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2005, 03:19 AM
DJB
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

THe Brushes that would work really well are the ATLAS 079 brushes.. kind of soft.. but they have good power and are not too hard on the comm.. also one more thing you might want to try with the RZ is to bring the gear ratio in the 6.2 range with that size track
On rc mushroom ive only been managing to find the atlas 080 brush. Is this the same sort of thing or whats the difference with this brush??
Old 05-28-2005, 10:03 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by the flash
JDM,

I just got a Tamiya Dynarun Super Touring Motor to use in the Modified class race. Do you know how many turns this motor has? The manual does not specify any information about the number of turns...... Also, is this motor the TORQUE type or the RPM type? What Final Drive Ratio should I start with? The track that I run my car on is a bit technical, with some twisting turns and a straightaway about 35 meters long... I would really appreciate info on this matter....
if i am not mistaken it is 14 x 2 motor
Old 05-28-2005, 10:06 AM
tornado

Originally Posted by DJB
On rc mushroom ive only been managing to find the atlas 080 brush. Is this the same sort of thing or whats the difference with this brush??

Try this link : http://rc-mushroom.com/product_info....oducts_id=2569

Old 05-29-2005, 05:15 AM
DJB
Tech Regular

hey hey it works thanks heaps
Old 05-30-2005, 07:05 AM
tornado

Of Course Matey !!

Old 05-30-2005, 02:54 PM
Tech Initiate

do you know any links where i can purchase 23turn motors?
Old 05-30-2005, 06:48 PM
tornado

Originally Posted by Mr-Tamiya1
do you know any links where i can purchase 23turn motors?

Try this....
http://www.rcmart.com/catalog/defaul...ath=421_293_39

you're welcome!

Old 06-27-2005, 06:41 PM
Tech Regular

wow good thread guys!

I got two 23t yoko from hongkong 1x23lr, 1x23lt grey can with blue heatsinks on endbell.
They both seem to run a lot hotter than my kawada 23t
(for the same gearing)and create more heat from battery and esc.

Is this typical??

they dont seem any slower just run a lot hotter
Old 06-27-2005, 06:45 PM
DJB
Tech Regular

maybe that particular motor is not supposed to be geared hard or run hard for long periods of time. Have you tryed a fan. I nicked one from my spare pc and attached it to my car and the motor is alittle cooler not that much but still the less heat the better. make sure the bushing are ok too they might be tight being a new motor and all.
Old 06-27-2005, 07:22 PM
tornado

Originally Posted by loopedeloop
wow good thread guys!

I got two 23t yoko from hongkong 1x23lr, 1x23lt grey can with blue heatsinks on endbell.

Is this typical??

What gearing were you runnnig on these motors and what is the track size ?

Old 06-27-2005, 07:37 PM
Tech Apprentice

wow good thread guys!

Is this typical??

Yokomo 23T motors do have RPM and Torque type with either laydown and standup brushes. They should be geared differently.
Old 06-27-2005, 10:29 PM
Tech Regular

Hi Guys

We run my #1 son's car at 6.08 fdr ( kawada vx-r) rollout approx 32mm on hpi sprint on a fairly open asphalt track ,straight about 60mtr long with easy infield, maybe 130 mtr total length.I'm guessing as it is a carpark track and slightly different every week .This motor runs a bit hot and has less runtime than #2 son
We also run #2 sons car at 6.11 ,(kawada vx-r) in an xpress jnr with same approx rollout 32mm.It isnt as hot after 5min run.
(Both of these cars are capable of comparable times as others running in our 12t class).

It is when we change to either yokomo t-max LT or LR motor( we have both) that the heat difference becomes noticeable.

I have noticed that both yoko's use laydown and the kawada standup brushes. Maybe that has something to do with it or maybe the ceramic bushes in the yoko are tighter and take more running in?Or does the yoko just prefer to rev higher?.

Anyways thanks for your replies and keep up this informative thread.
Old 06-27-2005, 10:37 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by DJB
Have you tryed a fan. I nicked one from my spare pc and attached it to my car and the motor is alittle cooler not that much but still the less heat the better. make sure the bushing are ok too they might be tight being a new motor and all.

No we dont run fans

and yes I have wondered about the bushings on the yoko's , maybe they are a motor that just keeps on getting better/looser as you use it.
Old 06-28-2005, 04:04 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

No we dont run fans

and yes I have wondered about the bushings on the yoko's , maybe they are a motor that just keeps on getting better/looser as you use it.
THe bushings on the Yokomo 23T`s are a very low friction bushing.. that if not properly oiled every few runs will wear out a bit faster than the standard style bushing
-Dave
Old 06-30-2005, 06:50 AM
tornado

Hi Guys

We run my #1 son's car at 6.08 fdr ( kawada vx-r) rollout approx 32mm on hpi sprint on a fairly open asphalt track ,straight about 60mtr long with easy infield, maybe 130 mtr total length.I'm guessing as it is a carpark track and slightly different every week .This motor runs a bit hot and has less runtime than #2 son
We also run #2 sons car at 6.11 ,(kawada vx-r) in an xpress jnr with same approx rollout 32mm.It isnt as hot after 5min run.
(Both of these cars are capable of comparable times as others running in our 12t class).

It is when we change to either yokomo t-max LT or LR motor( we have both) that the heat difference becomes noticeable.

I have noticed that both yoko's use laydown and the kawada standup brushes. Maybe that has something to do with it or maybe the ceramic bushes in the yoko are tighter and take more running in?Or does the yoko just prefer to rev higher?.

Anyways thanks for your replies and keep up this informative thread.
LR motor should be geared around 7 ish and LT perhaps around 5.6 - 5.4 should be ok for that track size. One more thing......is the comm burnt ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.