Search
Like Tree678Likes

FWD TOURING CAR FORUM - Tamiya FF01, FF02, Yokomo YRF-2, Kyosho Mantis FF

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2015, 09:10 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by leadfootedfool
Have you seen any FF03 Evos?? I've been looking for a while, finally have the funds for it, and missed the last one that was on here. Always a day late and dollar short...
No Evo's other than what some of the guys are running here locally.
Old 05-29-2015, 12:45 PM
Tech Adept

Arrow Re:

Originally Posted by macscac
anyone running the FF2014?
Yes and so far I haven't had a single complaint.

How did you strap down the battery? are you using glasstape sideways across and under the chassis?
To get the battery nice and snug in the aluminium battery braces, I used Tamiya Sponge Tape For Urethane Bumper (#54430). I used a small strip on the front battery stopper, in the rear brace as well and on the small piece of servo mount that will touch the battery.

Then to prevent the battery from moving up and down between the main chassis and top brace, I used a M3 bevel washer, a M3 flat head screw and a M3 nylon locknut in the top brace. Two will work better (play around with their position for best flex and when the battery doesn't move) and because they are centred, they should still allow the chassis to flex evenly.

Lastly, when you mount your ESC; make sure it is forward enough that you can remove the battery once it's installed.

need some advice.
thanks!
My pleasure.

PS: Sorry for no images but hopefully my wording makes sense.
Old 05-29-2015, 01:49 PM
Tech Master

Ok going to my LHS to get the usual stuff for a TC car, shock oils Diff oil ETc ETC.

My question is what are you guys running for diff oil in these? This will be my first FWD TC and I have no idea. In my M05 mini I am running silicone ear plugs which feel like about 1.5 million.
Old 05-29-2015, 08:55 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Is the screw and nylon nut stick down enough to actually touch the battery?or just a mm of gap between the nut and top of battery
Old 05-30-2015, 01:03 AM
Tech Adept

Arrow Re:

Is the screw and nylon nut stick down enough to actually touch the battery?or just a mm of gap between the nut and top of battery
There is about a 1mm gap when the battery is flush against the chassis. The nut is on top of the brace with the bevel washer and screw head facing the battery. Length of flat head screw is 8mm with the bottom of the thread flush with the top of the nut.

The battery I am using is a Turnigy Nano-tech Ultimate 6000mAh (H=24.8mm)

Hope this helps.
Old 05-30-2015, 07:05 AM
Tech Initiate

patorz31 : Very nice can't wait to hear your own thoughts on the MTS

Would love to see a video of the FF2014. A small tour so to speak

Still waiting for my front belt, but i have tracked the package and i should have it on monday
Old 05-30-2015, 08:43 AM
Tech Master

My car cleared customs Friday morning, so I should see it Monday.

Last edited by patorz31; 05-30-2015 at 11:06 AM.
Old 05-30-2015, 10:49 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

any chance i could get you to post a pic of the battery setup?

Originally Posted by Controversy
There is about a 1mm gap when the battery is flush against the chassis. The nut is on top of the brace with the bevel washer and screw head facing the battery. Length of flat head screw is 8mm with the bottom of the thread flush with the top of the nut.

The battery I am using is a Turnigy Nano-tech Ultimate 6000mAh (H=24.8mm)

Hope this helps.
Old 06-01-2015, 11:46 AM
Tech Master

Well my MTS FF Pro is delivered. I will post up some pics of what comes in the box when I get home from work.
Old 06-01-2015, 02:38 PM
Tech Initiate

patorz31 : Congratulations I also got my new belt today, so will be hitting the tracks tomorrow for some more testing. Remember to double check your belt, and tighten it should it need it.
Old 06-01-2015, 02:54 PM
Tech Master

I will, I also ordered a bunch of parts and a few spare belts.
Old 06-02-2015, 09:22 AM
Tech Master

Sorry about not posting pics yet, I wound up working 16 hours yesterday. When I got home I had enough ambition left over to open the box. First impressions of the MTS FF PRO are that is very well built. The materials seem on par with way more expensive cars. The carbon looks and feels to be very good quality. The machine work is exceptionally well done. The steering blocks and Knuckles are different then say an xray. The Steering pivot as as defined by the screw that holds the knuckle, is exactly in the centre of the CVD. They achieve a large steering angle without the need for Double cardens. The bearings are packed with grease and as such spin tight. Overall it looks great. It weighs 590g as it comes out of the box with the rims on it.
Old 06-02-2015, 10:53 AM
OVA
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Originally Posted by patorz31
Sorry about not posting pics yet, I wound up working 16 hours yesterday. When I got home I had enough ambition left over to open the box. First impressions of the MTS FF PRO are that is very well built. The materials seem on par with way more expensive cars. The carbon looks and feels to be very good quality. The machine work is exceptionally well done. The steering blocks and Knuckles are different then say an xray. The Steering pivot as as defined by the screw that holds the knuckle, is exactly in the centre of the CVD. They achieve a large steering angle without the need for Double cardens. The bearings are packed with grease and as such spin tight. Overall it looks great. It weighs 590g as it comes out of the box with the rims on it.
any other brands part are interchangeable with MTS?
I thought the MTS rear belt are the same as the Xray!
Old 06-02-2015, 11:55 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by OVA
any other brands part are interchangeable with MTS?
I thought the MTS rear belt are the same as the Xray!
I haven't tried any other belt, I will check it out at home tonight and post up. I ran home at lunch and snapped a couple of pics.
The Suspension arms are an xray type, I think you could put a complete Xray front end on it if you had double jointed axles to put in it.

Last edited by patorz31; 06-02-2015 at 12:08 PM.
Old 06-02-2015, 08:23 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by patorz31
I haven't tried any other belt, I will check it out at home tonight and post up. I ran home at lunch and snapped a couple of pics.
The Suspension arms are an xray type, I think you could put a complete Xray front end on it if you had double jointed axles to put in it.

I don't think so, MTS belt is 50t but T4 is 63T.
From other T4 parts swap on MTS, i think arms you need make some adjustment on front anti roll bar.
C hub, rear hub and steering knuckle is not viable, due the different c hub holes, rear hub and knuckles are using those different size of bearing.
But T4 shock spring is possible to use, since is too short. As i saw, the normal spring length isn't fit since you use stiffer ones therefore you don't enough space on spring collar to adjust it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.