Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree3Likes

CRC 1/10 Pan Car

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2008, 07:30 PM
Tech Apprentice

Can't wait for carpet season to start back up!

Here are three new carpet cars I bought this season....Next to one of my Nitro cars.....

I wonder if Dale from Protoform would consider giving me bulk discounts? Hmmmmmmmmmm........ I bet I have a better stock than 90% of LHS's!
Attached Thumbnails CRC 1/10 Pan Car-pict0379.jpg  
Old 06-06-2008, 07:33 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

we run a different road track every week with only the straight away and sweeper bing the same each week. see this topic http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthread.php?t=225363 to see our track

We also have this race coming up

IROCC Speed Weekend 2008 Summer Touring Car Trophy Race and Pro-10 Nats - Victoria BC

The Island Radio Operated Car Club (IROCC) in Victoria BC is pleased to announce its Speed Weekend 2008 touring car trophy race this summer. We've had great fun doing this race for the last three summers, and we're eager to do it again this year. Over the last three years we've been amazed at the level of racer support we've received from both local and out-of-town racers (105 entries last year!), and we hope that will continue again this summer!

Special Feature: Canadian Pro-10 "Nats" Class
Speed Weekend 2008 will feature a Pro-10 class just as it did last year. This year we've named the class as the Canadian Pro-10 "Nats" in light of the recent resurgence in this lost class. IROCC itself represents 20-25 Pro-10 racers this summer and so it only makes sense to offer a non-official "Nats" to showcase these awesome cars.

Race date: July 12-13, 2008

Classes:

Touring Stock
-ROAR legal stock brushed motors
-6 cell NiMH or 7.4V LiPo
-Rubber tires

Touring 19T/10.5BL
-19 turn brushed motors with locked timing (24 degrees) or 10.5 brushless motors
-Rubber tires

Touring Modified (10 entries minimum)
-Open brushed or brushless motors
-5/6 cell NiMH or 7.4V LiPo
-Rubber tires

Touring Gas
-Any .12 engine
-Foam tires

Pro-10 "Nats" Class
-10th Scale Pan Cars, 200mm - 235mm
-19 turn brushed motors with locked timing (24 degrees) or 10.5 brushless motors
-Any body (GTP/GT/Street Car/etc...)
-Foam tires

Format:
Heads up starts for qualifiers, sorted with fastest racers at the front.
There will be two bump-up positions for all mains.
The Touring Gas class will have a 30 minute A-Main, 20 minute B-Main, and 10 minute C-Main.

Entry Fees:
1st class $30
2nd class $20
3rd class $10

Out of town racers (outside of Greater Victoria) get their 2nd (and 3rd) classes for free. So, throw three racers in a vehicle, and your $60 savings will cover your ferry ride!

Also, in an effort to make this race as affordable as possible for our out-of-town guests, IROCC members have offered to billet a certain number of non-local racers. If you are interested in this free accommodation option then please inquire for more details.

Schedule:
Saturday, July 12th
8AM - 11:30AM: Open practice and registration
11:30AM - 12PM: Drivers meeting
12PM - 8PM: Qualifying rounds (4 rounds with a resort after rounds 2 and 4)
8PM - 9PM: Open practice

Sunday, July 13th
7AM - 9:30AM: Open practice
9:30AM - 12PM: Last chance qualifier
12PM - 4PM: Main events
4PM - 5PM: Trophy presentation and wrap-up

Other Details:
Trophies for all racers
Door Prizes
AMBrc Lap Timing system (supports personal transponders)
Washroom onsite
Many fast food establishments within a two minute walk
No power onsite

http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthread.php?t=220540

-=light=-
Old 06-06-2008, 07:38 PM
Tech Apprentice

Wow! Sounds like a great event. If I were a little closer I'd definitely go. I race in Canada quite frequently as I have a couple of friends on the other side of the bridge....we race together at my track and at theirs. (I live near Detroit, they live near Windsor)
Old 06-08-2008, 11:58 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Shawn how are your grp's treating you? I have two sets of Jaco foams, pinks rear, pinks front and extra set purple fronts. I plan on practicing on a big track with 1/10 and 1/8 nitro and wondering if the Jaco will hold up at this track?

Originally Posted by Shawn68z
Well, for my setup I am going to be running a GTB 10.5, with TrakPower 4900s (25C), Spektrum 3.0, Hitec 5965MG servo, GRP wheels.

I am going to be experimenting with different compounds for wheels. I am going to be running Purple/Magenta on high grip and abrasive tracks, and I might try Gray/Pink on a slick track. Unfortunately I wasnt able to get Pink rears. (yet). Pan car this year will be mainly experimentation for me. I have alot to still learn about Pan car, and esp on outdoor asphault track.

Shawn.
Old 06-09-2008, 12:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

I have some photos and discussion of the Gen X 10 Here on RC-Tech You might find it of interest.
Old 06-09-2008, 05:04 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by espresso1967
Shawn how are your grp's treating you? I have two sets of Jaco foams, pinks rear, pinks front and extra set purple fronts. I plan on practicing on a big track with 1/10 and 1/8 nitro and wondering if the Jaco will hold up at this track?

Well to be honest with you, I have been having a real hard time getting my car to work properly. First mistake I made was actually trying a GT style body on this car. Waste of time. GTP (wide) body is the only way to keep a 10.5/Lipo on the ground. Second mistake I made was traction rolling really bad at the end of the straight, and the car got side swiped pretty bad. I have had nothing but problems since this point. Almost everything has cracked or bent, and its a problem getting replacement parts right now. So my track time has been really limited with the car.

I did like the GRP magenta rear, Purple front combination. Really well balanced, and really low wear. But it was not enough grip for the track i run at. I am currently running Jaco Pink rear with GRP Magenta fronts,which is helping with grip, but the car is not balanced. I have ordered some more GRP purples, and GRP Pinks so I will try them when they get here. Most of the fast guys here are running Green rears, with black fronts. I will be trying that combination this sunday coming up. Jaco Pink Rear, with Jaco Double Pink fronts seems to be a popular choice here too.

Running pan on asphault is new to me, so the wheel combination has been alot of experimenting ahead of me in the next month or so. I will post anything I find usefull.

Cheers,
Shawn.
Old 06-12-2008, 10:09 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 108 (100%+)

Anyone know where these are in stock?
Old 06-12-2008, 12:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Core Creations
Anyone know where these are in stock?
YGPM
Old 06-15-2008, 09:54 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by espresso1967

Got some more track time today with the car, GRP Magenta fronts with Pink Rears definately work well. Lots of traction and surprisingly little wear. I am really happy with this combination.

I am switching this week to the CRC 3 piece link (from the 3.2R carpet car), because of rear steer problems. It appears using the stock hardware from the kit, the pod is not quite straight, and alittle of center. So, I am going to switch the links (which have been problematic), and take a good look at the football to make sure its right.

Next week I am also going to try the black fronts with green rears to see how that works.

Shawn.

Shawn.
Old 06-16-2008, 07:46 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I also race 1/10 pancars @ IROCC with Shawn my set up is a little different as I use the Parma Lola body with about 1/2in wing extension (see photo) added to the body Along with a Maxamps 6000mah, Novak GTB and a 10.5 with a roll out around 48 I'm one of a few who have not installed the wide kit in the car yet and run it in the 200mm setup

as for tires I use

Corally 1:10 Foam Front Wheels (White Rims) - Goldstar Hard
Corally 1:10 Foam Rear Wheels (White Rims) Gold Compound

I find that they work well for me as I'm by far not one of the top drivers in the club but I do manage to put in some good runs for me around 21 laps in the 5 mins were the A-main guys will run 25 laps. all it takes is a few mistakes and you out of the race as the lap times run around the high 11's to the low 12's for the good drivers. Were I run 13s to 18s depending on my lines. it's hard driving with these guys because you get off the line and into the dust to let them by and then your traction as gone away for a lap or two. But I find so much more fun then TC as I don't need to know how to tune my motors to be fast.

-=Gorden=-

Last edited by light; 06-16-2008 at 07:59 PM.
Old 06-20-2008, 12:42 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 108 (100%+)

Anyone know why the availability is so low right now? How soon til the 235mm parts are available?
Old 06-20-2008, 05:27 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Well your in luck. I was on a waiting list for the new gen x 10 on a few sites and was just notified from one site that has the lowest price. I already bought mine a few weeks back from another source but thought someone might want to pick this one up for $273.

http://www.rcslot.com/mm5/merchant.m...t_Code=CLN1710
Old 06-23-2008, 09:21 PM
Tech Addict

Well, its been a while since I put in an update.

Last weekend went pretty well, finished every heat and the main. Cant win a race if you cant finish it.

Finially got the high speed stability issue solved now, the car will track straight under heavy acceleration. Got rid of the plastic rear links in favour of the adjustable "3 piece" link from the 3.2R. Made the left link a fraction longer then the right, and the car drives straight. Hopefully I am going to have some more time this week to take the rear pod apart and check everything for straightness. (Hard crash still haunts this car).

The new Protoform High Downforce 905 body worked well, no blow overs!

Ran GRP Pink Rears with GRP Magenta fronts. Works well, very little wear on them, but I am still looking for more grip. I am going to try green rears, next week. Expecting more tire wear, but I need the extra traction to keep the 10.5 planted.

Shawn.
Old 06-24-2008, 08:36 AM
Tech Adept

HI GUYS

i've just bought a gen x 10, i've built the car as per the kit spec, i'm going to be using a C6R corvette body, now what i need is abit of advice on what tires to use, i was thinking about using pinks on the rears and either purple or magenta on the front. The track is a very large 10th/8th/5th scale IC track that does not allow the use of any tire additive or track treatment at all. If anyone could help i would be much me with tire combo and possible a good starting setup.

Cheers
Steve
Old 06-24-2008, 01:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

pink/purple is a good start, and even though you cant use traction additive, certainly you can "clean" them with simple green or sticky out? *wink*

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.