Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree3Likes

CRC 1/10 Pan Car

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2009, 12:47 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

The LRP SPX is 'da bong' for 17.5/13.5 motors and a 2S lipo. Many racers have switched over to it in NorCal for both TC and WGT.

With the IIC switching over to 1S (single cell) lipo this year, I am waiting to determine the best ESC for that combo. It may not be the SPX with the lower voltage pack. We'll see...

Bill
Old 06-27-2009, 12:55 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Well with the owner of west coast saying he would allow 2 cell, the SPX might be a good fit but what if? What if the 1 cell class takes off big and only a couple of us left in the mod class? I would love to have options as well to run 1 cell without having to rig the esc with another device. Tekin would have the software to update, but at a cost. What to do?
Old 06-27-2009, 06:52 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by espresso1967
Ok in the market for a new esc and want to hear from all of you and find out what has worked for you.

Ok I know everyone is going to say this company is the best and so on but let's try to keep it neutral.

I have been using the Novak GTB for a little over a year now looking at the Tekin RS or Pro and LRP SPX. I'm looking for a smaller foot print, less weight so I can better balance my pan. Now If I go with Tekin, I would probably go with the Pro just because I can run a 3.5 if I wanted to. Though probably going to stick to 10.5 and 13.5 but would have options. The SPX can handle 3.5 and cost less than the Tekin rs pro. Anyways let's hear what has worked for you, your thoughts and recommendations.

Thanks in advance
ive seen the SPX in action , at profile 8 his 17.5 was just as fast as my
gtb/13.5. i was amazed how the motor just turboed down the straight and kept on pulling. also you can program it on site without a laptop and Hotwire needed for the tekin. but from what i heard tekin is comming with a turbo boost patch and you can always update it everytime, but either one is good. other then you have to haul hotwire/laptop when using a tekin unless someone at the track has one , then shareing is good. cant go wrong with anyone. just buy both. lol
Old 06-27-2009, 10:18 PM
Tech Master

laptop is not a problem. I'll think about which one I will get in the next month.

Originally Posted by s13evo
ive seen the SPX in action , at profile 8 his 17.5 was just as fast as my
gtb/13.5. i was amazed how the motor just turboed down the straight and kept on pulling. also you can program it on site without a laptop and Hotwire needed for the tekin. but from what i heard tekin is comming with a turbo boost patch and you can always update it everytime, but either one is good. other then you have to haul hotwire/laptop when using a tekin unless someone at the track has one , then shareing is good. cant go wrong with anyone. just buy both. lol
Old 06-28-2009, 12:44 AM
Tech Master

Ok in the market for a new esc and want to hear from all of you and find out what has worked for you.

Ok I know everyone is going to say this company is the best and so on but let's try to keep it neutral.

I have been using the Novak GTB for a little over a year now looking at the Tekin RS or Pro and LRP SPX. I'm looking for a smaller foot print, less weight so I can better balance my pan. Now If I go with Tekin, I would probably go with the Pro just because I can run a 3.5 if I wanted to. Though probably going to stick to 10.5 and 13.5 but would have options. The SPX can handle 3.5 and cost less than the Tekin rs pro. Anyways let's hear what has worked for you, your thoughts and recommendations.

Thanks in advance
Can't actually comment on your choice as I run the Nosram ISTC, but ....
a few years back in a Touring car running 2s 10.5 I switched from the GTB to the ISTC and found I could go 4t bigger on the pinion and not have any issues with thermal shutdown which I was getting if i went just 1t more with the GTB.
So replacing the GTB alone will make a big difference.
Latest buzz here in Touring is the "Speed Passion v.2"
Old 06-28-2009, 09:01 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)

just got one of these, going to try and get some interest here locally, prob won thappen but its another one to drive . im putting it together and got the losi tray with the smc 1cell. my question is are you guys running your battery up, back middle. and what are the differnces. up front more steering? and back more rear traction? thanks for the help. im also looking for a roll out for 1c 13.5 pretty open w/ about 80 ft str. any suggestions on tire dia? im new to pan car and have alot of questions. thanks alot
Old 06-29-2009, 08:51 PM
Tech Adept

Default Pictures of my Gen X 10 ready to run now

Some pictures of my ride, with S9650 digital servo from Futaba and Como Xerun from Hobbywing with 8.5T motor.

Still waiting for the body to arrive and for the new nuts to change de nylon of the diff that got stripped on the first run of the car.

Hope you guys like I tried to make it as cleaner as possible.
Attached Thumbnails CRC 1/10 Pan Car-imagem000.jpg   CRC 1/10 Pan Car-imagem001.jpg   CRC 1/10 Pan Car-imagem003.jpg   CRC 1/10 Pan Car-imagem004.jpg  
Old 07-01-2009, 09:08 PM
Tech Champion

Default New thicker top plate for rear pod of Gen-X cars

OK CRC, do I get any credit for this new thicker top plate design?

Kudos for implementing it.

Hmmmm...Wonder if I should now glue two of em puppies together for a Big Bertha hit.

Bill

#1764 4mm Top Plate for all "X" version CRC cars

(Gen-X 12 (B/L pod only), Gen-X 10, & Battle Axe)

Made from 4mm carbon fiber, this optional top plate is one heavy hitter. If you can break this one, it might be time for a slower motor. (top plate package also includes 3 longer screws for mounting to the motor plate and center standoff).

CLN1764 - 4mm Top Plate- GX10,12BL,BA

Retail $14.99

Barcode : 800734017646

Available NOW!
Old 07-02-2009, 09:32 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by Still Bill
OK CRC, do I get any credit for this new thicker top plate design?

Kudos for implementing it.

Hmmmm...Wonder if I should now glue two of em puppies together for a Big Bertha hit.

Bill

#1764 4mm Top Plate for all "X" version CRC cars

(Gen-X 12 (B/L pod only), Gen-X 10, & Battle Axe)

Made from 4mm carbon fiber, this optional top plate is one heavy hitter. If you can break this one, it might be time for a slower motor. (top plate package also includes 3 longer screws for mounting to the motor plate and center standoff).

CLN1764 - 4mm Top Plate- GX10,12BL,BA

Retail $14.99

Barcode : 800734017646

Available NOW!

I think they did make it for you Bill, because of this quote:
"If you can break this one, it might be time for a slower motor."

Old 07-08-2009, 04:47 PM
Tech Master

How is that handling compared to the original 25lb losi spring/shock?

Mine came with the Losi 25 lb spring too. Currently using an Xray 07 shock with the Associated Blue spring (17.5) for asphalt racing.

A little Losi label came in the bag for the spring that confirmed "25" lb.

Bill
Old 07-08-2009, 04:49 PM
Tech Master

Disregard found your answer after your initial post.

Not sure if we posted this before; but, I initially had issues with the Losi shock that came in the kit. It was not very smooth in its initial action (specifically its first 1/8" of travel).

Someone told me to clean up the flashing on the piston and things would improve. It was recommended to mount the piston on my Dremel and clean it up using fine sandpaper. That took care of it.

Regardless, I still switched to an Xray shock with Associated springs. Even though I had not used either part before.

Bill
Old 07-08-2009, 08:28 PM
Tech Champion

Disregard found your answer after your initial post.
Dang! And I had such a good answer...By pasting in my previous answer...
Old 07-08-2009, 08:30 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by JayL
I think they did make it for you Bill, because of this quote:
"If you can break this one, it might be time for a slower motor."
Old 07-08-2009, 11:27 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)

Thanks in advance
Couple of us from my local track are going to Vegas so we switched over to 1s. My SPX is fine but my buddy is having lots of problems getting his Tekin to work with the 1s lipo. Just an FYI, don't know if that's a consideration or not for you.
Old 07-08-2009, 11:35 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by mikel33
Couple of us from my local track are going to Vegas so we switched over to 1s. My SPX is fine but my buddy is having lots of problems getting his Tekin to work with the 1s lipo. Just an FYI, don't know if that's a consideration or not for you.
Hi Mike,

I am expecting to receive the new ThunderPower 5000 1S lipo packs later this week. Are you currently running Profile 8 with your 1S pack? Do you use the Novak booster board? Thanks.

Bill

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.