R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 07-01-2011, 05:12 AM   #406
Tech Rookie

can someone tell me which battery would fit in the ta-06?
amateur888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 05:25 AM   #407
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by C van der Hagen View Post
Do you know the weight of the front geardiff?

Thanks
Hi

I haven't built the front gear diff yet , when I do i will put up the weight .

Thanks
Old 07-01-2011, 12:33 PM   #408
Super Moderator

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to charlie_b Send a message via MSN to charlie_b Send a message via Yahoo to charlie_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by amateur888 View Post
can someone tell me which battery would fit in the ta-06?
I have used my Thunderpower 5300 65C's in it and fit perfectly.
CFX Paintworks:="https://www.facebook.com/CFXPaintworks?fref=ts
|HITEC|PARMA|PROTEKRC|SWEEP|IWATA|RPM|AMAIN|CREATE X/WICKED/AUTOAIR PAINTS|TEAMASSOCIATED|REEDY
charlie_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 12:46 PM   #409
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to silverhkswrx Send a message via Skype™ to silverhkswrx

Quote:
Originally Posted by inpuressa View Post
For the front pulley holder, I used different methods for the two screws to hold that piece down. For the front side, I used a little longer screw and put a lock nut from underneath and for the rear side, I used a fairly long screw (20mm). This allowed me to torque the screws really tight to prevent the pulley holder from moving. This should do until someone makes an aluminum version.
From the looks of the picture that is the pulley tensioner, not the front puley holder. Please let me know if we are talking about the same part please.

check part #3454516
Tamiya TRF416 belt stabalizer mount. Aluminum... Im checking to see if its cross-compatible.

http://www.tamiya.com/english/rc/manuals.htm
silverhkswrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 01:09 PM   #410
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

How much fluid is everyone putting inside the diffs? I've read about half the internal volume, I've read plum full, I've read to just wet the gears,...ect. I am finally getting around to building and was curious where I should start. I am planning on doing half the internal volume and seeing where it goes. I hate splashing around in that stuff any more then I have to.
MC112b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 02:48 PM   #411
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverhkswrx View Post
From the looks of the picture that is the pulley tensioner, not the front puley holder. Please let me know if we are talking about the same part please.

check part #3454516
Tamiya TRF416 belt stabalizer mount. Aluminum... Im checking to see if its cross-compatible.
sorry, I was referring to the part that holds the two pulleys to the front of the chassis. (circled in yellow)

As for having too much flex, I was referring to the flex towards pitching, which loosens the belt under braking. This comes from mainly 2 areas. The first area is the front where the chassis stiffeners attaches to the wall of the battery compartment (circled in red). The wall is soft so is caves in pretty easily. The second is the area where the 4 screws meet the motor brace on top the battery box (green area). This also caves in. Try it with your hands and you'll see just how much the belt comes loose. The trick is to fill the battery compartment so that the walls cannot cave in so easily. You are essentially using the battery case as an internal brace. Foam alone is not strong enough fyi.
You won't lose any twist flex because the chassis is so soft to begin with. But pitch flex is not good for the belt and weight transfer.

btw, I switched to outboard shocks, and the weight difference was negligible. Also, a 30x30mm fan fits perfectly on top of that motor brace. If you use all four screw holes, it even acts as a stiffener.
Attached Thumbnails
Tamiya Ta06-ta06a1.jpg  

Last edited by inpuressa; 07-01-2011 at 03:05 PM.
inpuressa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 02:49 PM   #412
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC112b View Post
How much fluid is everyone putting inside the diffs? I've read about half the internal volume, I've read plum full, I've read to just wet the gears,...ect. I am finally getting around to building and was curious where I should start. I am planning on doing half the internal volume and seeing where it goes. I hate splashing around in that stuff any more then I have to.
General rule of thumb is to fill it to the top of the cross shafts. if you overfill it, you get leaks from too much pressure.
Old 07-01-2011, 02:59 PM   #413
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to silverhkswrx Send a message via Skype™ to silverhkswrx

Quote:
General rule of thumb is to fill it to the top of the cross shafts. if you overfill it, you get leaks from too much pressure.
has no one bought the ball diffs yet?!

Im waiting on mine to come to me in the mail(got it from rcmart on ebay for $400 with both front and rear diffs-SHIPPED!)

inpuressa; the Pro kit comes with the normal plastic battery box right? what about the graphite battery box?

Old 07-01-2011, 03:27 PM   #414
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverhkswrx View Post
has no one bought the ball diffs yet?!

Im waiting on mine to come to me in the mail(got it from rcmart on ebay for $400 with both front and rear diffs-SHIPPED!)

inpuressa; the Pro kit comes with the normal plastic battery box right? what about the graphite battery box?
Tamiya is known for releasing the carbon reinforced chassis pretty late. I think they are releasing the FF03 this month, and that car was out for sometime already. The other parts tree, we should see in a couple months. Parts tree A will be the most crucial.

I don't like the current tamiya ball diffs because the diff rings don't have the D-cuts. You need to maintain it often to make sure it doesn't start slipping. Another advantage to the gear diff is how the outdrive bearing is mounted. On the ball diff, the bearing is mounted on the outdrives. If one of the bearing seizes, your diff action will suffer on that side, giving you weird handling (personal experience). On the gear diff, your differential system is independent from the bearings, so you don't have that.
Old 07-01-2011, 05:08 PM   #415
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Tamiya is known for releasing the carbon reinforced chassis pretty late. I think they are releasing the FF03 this month, and that car was out for sometime already. The other parts tree, we should see in a couple months. Parts tree A will be the most crucial.

I don't like the current tamiya ball diffs because the diff rings don't have the D-cuts. You need to maintain it often to make sure it doesn't start slipping. Another advantage to the gear diff is how the outdrive bearing is mounted. On the ball diff, the bearing is mounted on the outdrives. If one of the bearing seizes, your diff action will suffer on that side, giving you weird handling (personal experience). On the gear diff, your differential system is independent from the bearings, so you don't have that.
Ive been running ball diffs for over 15 years and never had the issue youre referring to....

Old 07-01-2011, 06:53 PM   #416
Tech Fanatic

This evening my TA06 PRO was delivered and i inmediately started the building proces.
So far the car is coming along nicely, but i was also surprised about the chassis flex (very much flex).
Maybe that's an advantage on low grip circuits.
I will finish the car tomorrow, hopefully i will get the electronics in so i can test it on sunday
addicted2blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 08:56 PM   #417
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 64 (100%+)
Questions?? diffs

Has anybody tried to run the rear gear diff with the spool up front? How will the car react?
Johnn27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 06:16 AM   #418
Tech Initiate

my TA06

is it the 1st one to modify ESC and servo position?
I think ESC sit near the motor make shorter wires...

Hurricane Sonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 09:14 AM   #419
Tech Rookie

I really like this mod, he just switched everything from L to R
but i think it does not compensate all the weight... you still need some ballancing weight.
amateur888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 11:57 AM   #420
Tech Fanatic

Today i was able to test te car and i was surprised by the handling.
The car had lots of grip on a low grip track.
I really like how the car is build up, it shouldn't be that difficult to get the perfect balans (front to rear and left to right side).
I will be testing some more to get the best results out of this car.
addicted2blue is offline   Reply With Quote