Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2010, 03:01 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Sportsmen touring should be 25.5t.
Old 07-30-2010, 03:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

From what I have read on the last couple of pages, I don't understand the logic of some posters. Some want the rules changed to conform to how they like to race instead of conforming to the established rules. Instead of bashing and poor-mouthing VTA and their rules, just continue to run the classes that allow you to do what you like to do. This is why those other classes are out there. My thought is if you want to run VTA, conform to the rules or run in the current class(es) that you are doing now. Don't upset the hornets' nest when you don't have to.

Let me ask you this question, "If VTA offered an open class where the rules are fast and loose, how many of you would be on board?" I ask this because in another class that I run, Nitro GT (buggy-based 8th scale onroad car), we are having a similar debate. We have an open class where you can run whatever you want and a spec class which has limiting rules like VTA. Our biggest issue is racers that want to run engine X or engine Y in the class. There is a spec engine list and it was established for a reason: to keep racing competitive and not costly. All engines are legal for open class but a very select few are legal for spec. Instead of following the rules, many want to disrupt the spec class because they are not competitive in open, no matter how much money they throw at their cars. Is that fair for those that follow the spec rules to the letter for it to be disrupted by racers that want to dominate a class more than trying to be competitive in the class that they are currently running?

I have an extra electric touring car that I am working on making it a VTA car. I have read the rules and will conform because the rules are the rules. Yes, I dusted off my GTB (kept after changing over to mainly Tekin) and will be purchasing a legal motor to run. There is a reason why the rules are what they are: conform or participate in another class best suited for how you like to race.
Old 07-30-2010, 03:32 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 95lscoupe
I say stop with this no timing and boost bull. Thats what is really chasing people away one person says it two fast for me or im slow because I couldn't afford a good speed control and insted of acualy thinking maybe I should drop down a class or save up like everyone else and get a good esc. Insted they fuss and get the rules changed. So now the whole field is sitting there with a 200 bux esc they can't use and now they have to get a no timing and boost setup for another 80 bux. Or just quit It works both ways.

I say just let the hobby progress with out beating it do death. Top esc's have always been $200 for the past 10 yrs. If your not good enough to run in a class there usualy a slower class that you can learn with.

Back in the day if you sucked at mod then you would run 19t or 27t.
Man, you just don't get it.

VTA is the slower class. Or at least that's what it was a couple of years ago before things got out of control.

If you want to go really fast, there are lots of classes for that. VTA isn't one of them.
Old 07-30-2010, 03:46 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by woodys3b
Man, you just don't get it.

VTA is the slower class. Or at least that's what it was a couple of years ago before things got out of control.

If you want to go really fast, there are lots of classes for that. VTA isn't one of them.
Yeah i get what your saying But things are just out of control as you said.lol At the summer out door track the novice guys run senior spec, slash trucks 2wd stock and 4wd run what you brung, then there in mini f1 for the intermediate. The high end drivers run Vta there is no touring here. and we go as fast as the 21.5t cars can go and its fun. In the winter ill be going back to Vta rules what ever they will be at the time and Mod touring. Im not trying to step on anybodys toes just pointing out somthings I just don't see how VTA is a novice class because its harder to drive because of tires and bodies.
Old 07-30-2010, 04:24 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JLock
From what I have read on the last couple of pages, I don't understand the logic of some posters. Some want the rules changed to conform to how they like to race instead of conforming to the established rules. Instead of bashing and poor-mouthing VTA and their rules, just continue to run the classes that allow you to do what you like to do. This is why those other classes are out there. My thought is if you want to run VTA, conform to the rules or run in the current class(es) that you are doing now. Don't upset the hornets' nest when you don't have to.

Let me ask you this question, "If VTA offered an open class where the rules are fast and loose, how many of you would be on board?" I ask this because in another class that I run, Nitro GT (buggy-based 8th scale onroad car), we are having a similar debate. We have an open class where you can run whatever you want and a spec class which has limiting rules like VTA. Our biggest issue is racers that want to run engine X or engine Y in the class. There is a spec engine list and it was established for a reason: to keep racing competitive and not costly. All engines are legal for open class but a very select few are legal for spec. Instead of following the rules, many want to disrupt the spec class because they are not competitive in open, no matter how much money they throw at their cars. Is that fair for those that follow the spec rules to the letter for it to be disrupted by racers that want to dominate a class more than trying to be competitive in the class that they are currently running?

I have an extra electric touring car that I am working on making it a VTA car. I have read the rules and will conform because the rules are the rules. Yes, I dusted off my GTB (kept after changing over to mainly Tekin) and will be purchasing a legal motor to run. There is a reason why the rules are what they are: conform or participate in another class best suited for how you like to race.
Wise words and it's so true. I agree 100%!
Old 07-30-2010, 05:47 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kevin K
Make an ESC thats 60 bucks that can not be hooked up to a PC and has no boost or extra advanced timing in it.....Citrix did it. Im sure if you guys did you wouldnt be able to keep them instock much like the Citrix ones....and its made in the USA even better.
Could you point me in the direction where I can pick up a Havoc Pro for $60 which is what the majority will be running... Fact is there isn't an ESC on the 'approved' list that can be bought for that unless you purchase a reman 2s Havoc.
Old 07-30-2010, 05:56 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 261 (100%+)

Originally Posted by trerc
Could you point me in the direction where I can pick up a Havoc Pro for $60 which is what the majority will be running... Fact is there isn't an ESC on the 'approved' list that can be bought for that unless you purchase a reman 2s Havoc.
I'll bet there are 5 GTB's available for $60-70 right here on RC Tech. Havoc Pro is a re-packaged GTB (same case different color, IDENTICAL specs, some minor functionality changes re: buttons to push for drag brake, etc). Problem solved.

And the "performance" difference between the standard Havoc and Havoc Pro have already been discussed with you a few months back. The difference is negligible (look it up, the specs are published on Novak's site) to the extent mere mortals would not be able to measure a performance advantage one over the other. Top-shelf pro's probably couldn't.

If I'm not mistaken (didn't specifically look it up) Novak are selling a Havoc/25.5 combo for $120. Now, you can (reasonably) look at that as being $60 for the esc, $60 for the motor, $70 for the esc and $50 for the motor, $120 for the esc and a free motor...whatever floats your boat.

BUT, what floats your boat (and, in fairness, many others) seems to be pissing and moaning that high-buck programmable esc's (specifically Brand T) aren't going to be allowed and no reasoning of any sort will change your mind. And your choice is your choice, maybe just move on and race one of the plethora of "open" esc classes. There is no shortage, and no skin off anyone's chin if you do so. No one here will be offended either way.
Old 07-30-2010, 06:00 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by 95lscoupe
I run the Pantera body with the tiny wing thats supplyed with the body
Pretty much says it all. Why the heck NOT throw open esc's at it.

You've created your own class and want to merge it with a class that has been created and is being maintained with a very specific performance and aesthetic criteria in mind. Just like folks have been doing since the inception of RC racing...'least-wise the 25 years of it I've seen.

Excellent. Best of luck. The rest of us will enjoy some of the closest racing yet in the comparatively short life of VTA.

I can't wait until October!!
Old 07-30-2010, 06:06 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Scottrik
I'll bet there are 5 GTB's available for $60-70 right here on RC Tech. Havoc Pro is a re-packaged GTB (same case different color, IDENTICAL specs, some minor functionality changes re: buttons to push for drag brake, etc). Problem solved.

And the "performance" difference between the standard Havoc and Havoc Pro have already been discussed with you a few months back. The difference is negligible (look it up, the specs are published on Novak's site) to the extent mere mortals would not be able to measure a performance advantage one over the other. Top-shelf pro's probably couldn't.

If I'm not mistaken (didn't specifically look it up) Novak are selling a Havoc/25.5 combo for $120. Now, you can (reasonably) look at that as being $60 for the esc, $60 for the motor, $70 for the esc and $50 for the motor, $120 for the esc and a free motor...whatever floats your boat.

BUT, what floats your boat (and, in fairness, many others) seems to be pissing and moaning that high-buck programmable esc's (specifically Brand T) aren't going to be allowed and no reasoning of any sort will change your mind. And your choice is your choice, maybe just move on and race one of the plethora of "open" esc classes. There is no shortage, and no skin off anyone's chin if you do so. No one here will be offended either way.
Actually I've got a Havoc in my VTA car just waiting for Sept. My point was before someone ask Tekin to make a $60 ESC maybe they should request Novak to do the same since the Citrix hasn't even been approved yet.

Nice to see your still a dickwad though, some things never change.
Old 07-30-2010, 06:20 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by trerc
some things never change.
Including, apparently, your maturity level.
Old 07-30-2010, 06:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Wow, some still don't get it. VTA/Spec is for close and competitive racing where car set-up and driving skills trumps deep-pockets and endless budgets. VTA/Spec is also a budget-styled as far as you can still have fun and be competitive while not being one of the top 1% of the wealthiest Americans. Since I have started running some spec classes in some different areas, it is fun for me to still be competitive without having to blow my personal budget and still be able to race. I just don't understand why there is this push by some to ruin the fun class(es) for many to push some personal agenda. Is being dominate or winning all the time mean that much to many of you?!? It is a sad day when you want to win so much that you stop having fun at being in this hobby to quench that thrust.
Old 07-30-2010, 06:31 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Scottrik
Including, apparently, your maturity level.
Oh come on, don't soak your manpon. Everyone already knows your a dickwad, it's no secret.
Old 07-30-2010, 08:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

How about you guys NOT get this thread closed.
Old 07-30-2010, 09:24 PM
Tech Adept

Default vta

any body running a tc5 on carpet or asphault
hit me up for my set up
ON A RAIL AND FAST
Old 07-30-2010, 09:27 PM
Tech Adept

Default SP

the Citrix hasn't even been approved yet.

SOON MY HOBBY WING FAN SOON

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.