Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2008, 04:28 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I understand, and that is one of the great things about RC cars, there are so many classes you can find something that you will like.

I would just like to know why, would an DS be an overdog in the class? Be so slow that it would just be in the way? Was just never popular enough to be included. It sure sounds like it was made for what you are trying to do.

Just curious.
Old 03-12-2008, 07:02 PM
Tech Apprentice

Well I had seen some pictures of this class and a AAR Cuda Bodied Pan car running with them as well So I thought I would ask.

Yes One can mount T/A - Touring Car wheels and tires on a Pan Car.

I am Running a X10 Viper Chassis That is a 200mm Pan Car It also came with front and rear adapters and spacers so one could Run HPI Vintage Wheels and tires T/A Tires and wheel!

This is not out for the public yet But I just wanted to see if one could run in this Class.

Thanks Anyway, Trans Am Cars were RWD Cars Right
Attached Thumbnails U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing-clc-mlp.jpg  

Last edited by Cunningham1972; 03-13-2008 at 07:34 PM.
Old 03-12-2008, 07:09 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Man thats the perfect VTA chassis if you ask me.
Old 03-12-2008, 07:25 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)
Default Trans Am

Anyone need a couple Trans Am cars ? I have (2) Factory Team TC4's all set up for Trans Am. I have about $200 worth of spare parts and will include 64 pitch gearing for the brushless set up. both cars come with airtronics servo's. The one has the 1970 boss Mustang body and the other has the Parma 1970 Cuda body ( painted like a junk yard special). Included will be (4) 4 cell batts , a 27 turn brushed motor.

I want $250 for all of it.

I will be in joliet, IL. at Leisure hours raceway this Sat. night.

for pic's please e-mail me

[email protected]

Mike

Last edited by miket3; 03-13-2008 at 04:42 AM.
Old 03-12-2008, 07:35 PM
Tech Champion

One reason it was kept 4WD TCs was because that's what a majority of people have or had available to start racing. Most guys don't own a pan car so this avoided having to actually buy another chassis. All you needed was tires/wheels and a body.

Old 03-12-2008, 08:01 PM
Tech Apprentice

I just wanted to ask I did not want to start anything here you have a great series going and I thought I saw a pan car running in the class with these cars but it might have been a local track and picture. Again You have a Great series going and yes most of us have TC Cars that are just sitting around.

Thanks!

Sorry I did not want to make any waves here ok

C.C.
Old 03-12-2008, 08:22 PM
Ike
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cunningham1972
I just wanted to ask I did not want to start anything here you have a great series going and I thought I saw a pan car running in the class with these cars but it might have been a local track and picture. Again You have a Great series going and yes most of us have TC Cars that are just sitting around.

Thanks!

Sorry I did not want to make any waves here ok

C.C.
I don't think you're making any waves... Honestly, if the 1/10th scale pan cars would have been earlier to market I could have totally seen a class like this based around the 200mm pan cars. Only problem is the pan cars would have handled too well to ever be believed at T/A cars I run T/A but I have no real attachment to the old cars that were run in T/A. But, I am really looking forward to being able to paint up an NSX or GT-R like one of my favorite GT cars. In T/A I could really care less what body I have, but it's a fun class. When the 200mm pan cars hit there are 20+ bodies I want and I have paint schemes in mind for each of them. I'm also looking forward to cranking the speeds up a bit and running the realistic bodies. I think it would be great to run a pan car class with the T/A class much like T/A and GT series do where they have 2+ different classes on the track racing at once.
Old 03-13-2008, 04:10 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ike
I don't think you're making any waves... Honestly, if the 1/10th scale pan cars would have been earlier to market I could have totally seen a class like this based around the 200mm pan cars. Only problem is the pan cars would have handled too well to ever be believed at T/A cars I run T/A but I have no real attachment to the old cars that were run in T/A. But, I am really looking forward to being able to paint up an NSX or GT-R like one of my favorite GT cars. In T/A I could really care less what body I have, but it's a fun class. When the 200mm pan cars hit there are 20+ bodies I want and I have paint schemes in mind for each of them. I'm also looking forward to cranking the speeds up a bit and running the realistic bodies. I think it would be great to run a pan car class with the T/A class much like T/A and GT series do where they have 2+ different classes on the track racing at once.
+1 on what IKE & Nexus stated.

If the 200mm Pancar stuff takes off, I'll be running to the hobby shop to buy one and race a GT style body (hmmm 911 or vette... hmmmmm).
Old 03-13-2008, 07:55 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cunningham1972
Well I had seen some pictures of this class and a AAR Cuda Bodied Pan car running with them as well So I thought I would ask.

Yes One can mount T/A - Touring Car wheels and tires on a Pan Car.

I am Running a X10 Viper Chassis That is a 200mm Pan Car It also came with front and rear adapters and spacers so one could Run HPI Vintage Wheels and tires T/A Tires and wheel!

This is not out for the public yet But I just wanted to see if one could run in this Class.

Thanks Anyway, Trans Am Cars were RWD Cars Right

That is pretty cool man.
Old 03-13-2008, 08:04 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rm25x
Man thats the perfect VTA chassis if you ask me.
Except like 4 people have one.

Looks really cool, though, it will never be legal in any USVTA class.
Old 03-13-2008, 03:42 PM
Tech Apprentice

Not legal its cool ~ keep your class just the way it is.

here is the picture off there website.

http://www.usvintagetransam.com/

this was the only reason I asked.(pictures)

These cars are starting to come out BMI CRC Darkside CLC-MP and others will follow.

Great Thread and again Great Class.

C.C.
Attached Thumbnails U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing-fseara_006.jpg   U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing-fseara_016.jpg  
Old 03-13-2008, 04:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Yes, the Florida group was running mixed cars outdoors to try to get more people into the mix, but I don't believe they still do (I could be wrong about that, though). I recall a big debate on letting them continue to run pan cars, as they don't officially run all of the USVTA rules down there.
Old 03-13-2008, 05:21 PM
Tech Elite

What are you guys using to get the white writing on the sidewalls of the tyres?

Skiddins
Old 03-13-2008, 06:31 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Yeah we let the pancars run with us, they run 4 cell 19t if I recall... But then again we are runnign 6 cell 13.5's which is too fast. We are most likely going to a 17.5 for next season. We would like 21.5's but I am afraid we will not be able to gear them....
Old 03-13-2008, 08:17 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Skiddins
What are you guys using to get the white writing on the sidewalls of the tyres?

Skiddins
Just use a simple paint marker and dab it...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.