R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Like Tree1Likes
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-12-2008, 05:28 PM   #586
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 455
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

I understand, and that is one of the great things about RC cars, there are so many classes you can find something that you will like.

I would just like to know why, would an DS be an overdog in the class? Be so slow that it would just be in the way? Was just never popular enough to be included. It sure sounds like it was made for what you are trying to do.

Just curious.
cherokee is offline  
Old 03-12-2008, 08:02 PM   #587
Tech Apprentice
 
Cunningham1972's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: El Cajon CA
Posts: 85
Default

Well I had seen some pictures of this class and a AAR Cuda Bodied Pan car running with them as well So I thought I would ask.

Yes One can mount T/A - Touring Car wheels and tires on a Pan Car.

I am Running a X10 Viper Chassis That is a 200mm Pan Car It also came with front and rear adapters and spacers so one could Run HPI Vintage Wheels and tires T/A Tires and wheel!

This is not out for the public yet But I just wanted to see if one could run in this Class.

Thanks Anyway, Trans Am Cars were RWD Cars Right
Attached Thumbnails
U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing-clc-mlp.jpg  

Last edited by Cunningham1972; 03-13-2008 at 08:34 PM.
Cunningham1972 is offline  
Old 03-12-2008, 08:09 PM   #588
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 868
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Man thats the perfect VTA chassis if you ask me.
rm25x is offline  
Old 03-12-2008, 08:25 PM   #589
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 577
Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)
Default Trans Am

Anyone need a couple Trans Am cars ? I have (2) Factory Team TC4's all set up for Trans Am. I have about $200 worth of spare parts and will include 64 pitch gearing for the brushless set up. both cars come with airtronics servo's. The one has the 1970 boss Mustang body and the other has the Parma 1970 Cuda body ( painted like a junk yard special). Included will be (4) 4 cell batts , a 27 turn brushed motor.

I want $250 for all of it.

I will be in joliet, IL. at Leisure hours raceway this Sat. night.

for pic's please e-mail me

[email protected]



Mike

Last edited by miket3; 03-13-2008 at 05:42 AM.
miket3 is offline  
Old 03-12-2008, 08:35 PM   #590
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 7,664
Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)
Default

One reason it was kept 4WD TCs was because that's what a majority of people have or had available to start racing. Most guys don't own a pan car so this avoided having to actually buy another chassis. All you needed was tires/wheels and a body.

Nexus is offline  
Old 03-12-2008, 09:01 PM   #591
Tech Apprentice
 
Cunningham1972's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: El Cajon CA
Posts: 85
Default

I just wanted to ask I did not want to start anything here you have a great series going and I thought I saw a pan car running in the class with these cars but it might have been a local track and picture. Again You have a Great series going and yes most of us have TC Cars that are just sitting around.

Thanks!

Sorry I did not want to make any waves here ok


C.C.
Cunningham1972 is offline  
Old 03-12-2008, 09:22 PM   #592
Ike
Tech Master
 
Ike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 1,131
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunningham1972 View Post
I just wanted to ask I did not want to start anything here you have a great series going and I thought I saw a pan car running in the class with these cars but it might have been a local track and picture. Again You have a Great series going and yes most of us have TC Cars that are just sitting around.

Thanks!

Sorry I did not want to make any waves here ok


C.C.
I don't think you're making any waves... Honestly, if the 1/10th scale pan cars would have been earlier to market I could have totally seen a class like this based around the 200mm pan cars. Only problem is the pan cars would have handled too well to ever be believed at T/A cars I run T/A but I have no real attachment to the old cars that were run in T/A. But, I am really looking forward to being able to paint up an NSX or GT-R like one of my favorite GT cars. In T/A I could really care less what body I have, but it's a fun class. When the 200mm pan cars hit there are 20+ bodies I want and I have paint schemes in mind for each of them. I'm also looking forward to cranking the speeds up a bit and running the realistic bodies. I think it would be great to run a pan car class with the T/A class much like T/A and GT series do where they have 2+ different classes on the track racing at once.
Ike is offline  
Old 03-13-2008, 05:10 AM   #593
Tech Master
 
g12314's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Chicago, IL.
Posts: 1,282
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to g12314 Send a message via Yahoo to g12314
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ike View Post
I don't think you're making any waves... Honestly, if the 1/10th scale pan cars would have been earlier to market I could have totally seen a class like this based around the 200mm pan cars. Only problem is the pan cars would have handled too well to ever be believed at T/A cars I run T/A but I have no real attachment to the old cars that were run in T/A. But, I am really looking forward to being able to paint up an NSX or GT-R like one of my favorite GT cars. In T/A I could really care less what body I have, but it's a fun class. When the 200mm pan cars hit there are 20+ bodies I want and I have paint schemes in mind for each of them. I'm also looking forward to cranking the speeds up a bit and running the realistic bodies. I think it would be great to run a pan car class with the T/A class much like T/A and GT series do where they have 2+ different classes on the track racing at once.
+1 on what IKE & Nexus stated.

If the 200mm Pancar stuff takes off, I'll be running to the hobby shop to buy one and race a GT style body (hmmm 911 or vette... hmmmmm).
__________________
"PREPARE TO QUALIFY"
g12314 is offline  
Old 03-13-2008, 08:55 AM   #594
Tech Master
 
sportpak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ft Wayne, IN
Posts: 1,314
Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunningham1972 View Post
Well I had seen some pictures of this class and a AAR Cuda Bodied Pan car running with them as well So I thought I would ask.

Yes One can mount T/A - Touring Car wheels and tires on a Pan Car.

I am Running a X10 Viper Chassis That is a 200mm Pan Car It also came with front and rear adapters and spacers so one could Run HPI Vintage Wheels and tires T/A Tires and wheel!

This is not out for the public yet But I just wanted to see if one could run in this Class.

Thanks Anyway, Trans Am Cars were RWD Cars Right

That is pretty cool man.
__________________
-Tamiya TA05-R - Tamiya M05 - Summit Raceway Ft. Wayne, IN

www.summitrcraceway.com
sportpak is offline  
Old 03-13-2008, 09:04 AM   #595
Tech Elite
 
squarehead's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Wheaton, Illinois
Posts: 4,211
Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to squarehead Send a message via MSN to squarehead Send a message via Yahoo to squarehead Send a message via Skype™ to squarehead
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rm25x View Post
Man thats the perfect VTA chassis if you ask me.
Except like 4 people have one.

Looks really cool, though, it will never be legal in any USVTA class.
__________________
Everything depends.
Nothing is always.
Everything is sometimes.
squarehead is offline  
Old 03-13-2008, 04:42 PM   #596
Tech Apprentice
 
Cunningham1972's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: El Cajon CA
Posts: 85
Default

Not legal its cool ~ keep your class just the way it is.

here is the picture off there website.

http://www.usvintagetransam.com/

this was the only reason I asked.(pictures)

These cars are starting to come out BMI CRC Darkside CLC-MP and others will follow.

Great Thread and again Great Class.

C.C.
Attached Thumbnails
U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing-fseara_006.jpg   U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing-fseara_016.jpg  
Cunningham1972 is offline  
Old 03-13-2008, 05:35 PM   #597
Tech Elite
 
squarehead's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Wheaton, Illinois
Posts: 4,211
Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to squarehead Send a message via MSN to squarehead Send a message via Yahoo to squarehead Send a message via Skype™ to squarehead
Default

Yes, the Florida group was running mixed cars outdoors to try to get more people into the mix, but I don't believe they still do (I could be wrong about that, though). I recall a big debate on letting them continue to run pan cars, as they don't officially run all of the USVTA rules down there.
__________________
Everything depends.
Nothing is always.
Everything is sometimes.
squarehead is offline  
Old 03-13-2008, 06:21 PM   #598
Tech Elite
 
Skiddins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Windsor, UK
Posts: 4,761
Default

What are you guys using to get the white writing on the sidewalls of the tyres?

Skiddins
__________________
Xray T4'18, T4'14 (Wet Car)
Xray X12 2018
Xray X1'16
wlrc.co.uk (West London Racing Centre)
RCDisco.co.uk
Skiddins is offline  
Old 03-13-2008, 07:31 PM   #599
Tech Champion
 
TimPotter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Boynton Beach Fl > Randoph NJ
Posts: 7,481
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to TimPotter
Default

Yeah we let the pancars run with us, they run 4 cell 19t if I recall... But then again we are runnign 6 cell 13.5's which is too fast. We are most likely going to a 17.5 for next season. We would like 21.5's but I am afraid we will not be able to gear them....
__________________
Clean Title & Escrow|p3|TRF|Tamiya|SerpentAmerica|FSEARA|Team Butter|RC 3|Munno |RCTECH #29|EAMotorsports|BMI|Novak|SpeedPassion|RadioPost
TimPotter is offline  
Old 03-13-2008, 09:17 PM   #600
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 7,664
Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skiddins View Post
What are you guys using to get the white writing on the sidewalls of the tyres?

Skiddins
Just use a simple paint marker and dab it...
Nexus is offline  
Closed Thread

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Georgia Vintage Trans Am Racing shadow102 Georgia Racing 725 02-24-2012 09:56 AM
Vintage Trans Am Scottrik Electric On-Road 47 02-24-2012 08:21 AM
Vintage Trans-Am TC hlpressley R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 5 10-23-2008 04:00 PM
Thursday Vintage Trans Am racing at Victory in Green Bay Brian F Wisconsin & Illinois Racing 13 05-10-2008 08:37 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 04:09 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net