Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2008, 05:15 PM
Tech Rookie

How strong is the turnout for this racing at Trackside? I just got a cheap TC4 to build a car just for Trans-Am, but I want to make sure the class will still be alive once I get the car done. I heard it's not great right now but may pick up in winter? Thanks
Old 07-22-2008, 05:38 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by slakr
Wow... this has turned ugly... please stop.

I think what is killing RC Racing is internet forums.

IMO I like the USVTA rules verbatim including the suggestions and recommendations. But that is only my opinion.

If the LHS, racetrack or club needs to deviate from the "official" rules, make exceptions or addendums, so be it. Do it and keep the racers racing. But I don't think it is necessary to initiate a debate on the internet for all to see.

This is just what I think; flame me if you must... I have thick skin.
Or better yet... send a PM. Then the whole world doesn't have to see all the complaining.
I could not agree more!!
Old 07-22-2008, 07:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

kent,
you need to make it out this sunday. I'll hook you up with some numbers from the roar nats I snagged.... I need you to video this thrashing I'm going to give down there. plus I want to see your car run just to not have a vta spirit body as I caved in on the rules.
Old 07-22-2008, 08:11 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nashrcracer
kent,
you need to make it out this sunday. I'll hook you up with some numbers from the roar nats I snagged.... I need you to video this thrashing I'm going to give down there. plus I want to see your car run just to not have a vta spirit body as I caved in on the rules.
You know how much I love being with my own racers, but I am about five thousand dollars deep into this ride. So I need to go ahead and do this. Im on TV locally and in the paper. So for now Im stuck with my plans. We will end up past Nashville a week from this Saturday. Paris landing.
Old 07-22-2008, 08:15 PM
Tech Champion

how many are you guys expecting...I will be there with two others..hopefully.....

Last edited by DARKSIDE; 07-23-2008 at 07:04 AM.
Old 07-23-2008, 07:14 AM
Tech Apprentice

Thought I would share some pics of our race here. Durham North Carolina. Our track's first outing with the Vintage Trans Am class. 8 minute main with Lemans style start.

Old 07-23-2008, 09:18 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by TwoTone
need some help. Batteries and charger won't be here before next weekend and don't feel like missing another race.

I have the Noval 21.5 brushless with a speedpassion ESC, is there and way to run my old 2000 Nicad that would be fair, just so I could race ei break the down to 4 or 5 cell packs?

Remember, just a one time thing to race this weekend
I'm not sure where you are planning on racing this weekend but if it is the Topgun race at Primetime I'm sure no one would complain about you running a 6 cell Nicad pack with the 21.5 brushless motor. I know I wouldn't...I'm running the same combo but with lipo. I do have some cheap 4 cell packs I made that you could use if anyone did object though. I love your red, white, and blue paint job by the way.
Old 07-23-2008, 09:54 AM
Tech Champion

Those Camaros are beautiful.
Old 07-23-2008, 10:03 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Colorado's First Annual USVTA Regional Race

http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthre...37#post4652837

3-Day Event
Friday Night: Racing Under The Lights
Saturday: 150 Lap Enduro
Sunday: 4-Qualifiers and a Main Event

We will follow Official USVTA Rules at the time of the event.

Cost of racing is $40 for the whole weekend, $30 for just Saturday and Sunday. Entry fee includes an event T-Shirt. Registration will be via email/pm or day-of.

There are plenty of reasonable Hotels in the area.
PM me if you are interested or have questions/comments.

*EDIT*
MHOR also runs 1/10th scale electric off-road races inside on Saturday nights if anyone is also interested in that (cost is separate).
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by FordGT40
I'm not sure where you are planning on racing this weekend but if it is the Topgun race at Primetime I'm sure no one would complain about you running a 6 cell Nicad pack with the 21.5 brushless motor. I know I wouldn't...I'm running the same combo but with lipo. I do have some cheap 4 cell packs I made that you could use if anyone did object though. I love your red, white, and blue paint job by the way.
Thanks for the offer, it's just local here in MD.

Was just trying to come with fair solution without ruining what I have or buying what I don't.

Thanks for the compliment on the paint job
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

Originally Posted by FordGT40
Just for the love of god make sur eyou have numbers on your car.
Old 07-23-2008, 10:32 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by snoopyrc
That's exactly the point everyone was trying to make regarding a realistic looking Trans-Am replica look.

They really do look good out on the track racing against each other. More spectators come over to look at the "slow" cars than the modifieds painted in flourescent flames and bubbles.
Old 07-23-2008, 11:07 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by snoopyrc
That's true, but ya really have to love the "flying" Rustang..

Disclaimer: Not bashing, just a Chevy guy.
Old 07-23-2008, 11:24 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

Originally Posted by KE4PJO
That's true, but ya really have to love the "flying" Rustang..

Disclaimer: Not bashing, just a Chevy guy.
to be honest (Im a GM guy) that is probably my favorite VTA picture to date.
Old 07-23-2008, 02:37 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by AreCee
That's exactly the point everyone was trying to make regarding a realistic looking Trans-Am replica look.

They really do look good out on the track racing against each other. More spectators come over to look at the "slow" cars than the modifieds painted in flourescent flames and bubbles.
Who is everyone? Nevermind I dont need to go there.

This is just my opinion so lets not get this started again but I think they look nice in spite of the numbers, not because of them. Is it getting hot in here? I think I smell something burning.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.