Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2009, 11:28 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

whats the diff between xd and xa wider wheel base
Old 01-12-2009, 02:44 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

The blocks don't affect wheelbase, but a number of things, mainly track width. Have a look here, it should hopefully explain it a bit better

http://www.thard.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=30

HiH
Ed
Old 01-12-2009, 03:18 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by John St.Amant
there are more holes in the shock towers for top shock mounts .
diffs are externally adjustible and have knotched drive rings.
(1C,1C inverted+3mm)/(1XA+0.5mm,1F+0.5mm) from front to rear.
hope that helps you.

Knotched drive rings? i have not heard about these, got a pic or part number?
Old 01-12-2009, 08:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Besercoe
Knotched drive rings? i have not heard about these, got a pic or part number?
Sorry , my bad . I saw the diff halves and noticed flat spots on the drive ring surface but the rings i.d. are totally round.. same old same old.
Old 01-13-2009, 05:01 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Adam?
Oooh, I see some TRF guys using an iPhone. They should check out igearchart.com! :-)
rollout is nice for foam, but many of the rubber drivers would use the tool if it would output an FDR chart!!
Old 01-13-2009, 05:43 AM
Tech Rookie

Default 416WE

Originally Posted by RC MARKET
no !
Best car and WC2008 but dont have stock??
Old 01-13-2009, 08:42 AM
Tech Initiate

Default 416 for mod

hey guys i'm gonna be trying out mod racing i will be using a 3.5T brushless motor, what should be my final drive for my 416 so i don't go thermal or blow up d ESC, my current available spur gears are 102T & 105T, i'm kinda wondering what would be the smallest pinion gear i could use i have a 22t pinion but it seems it won't mesh with the 102T spur, i don't want to spend more for pinion gears so any advice will be grately appreciated. oh btw the track i play at is a high speed indoor asphalt track.
Old 01-13-2009, 09:14 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by quantum
rollout is nice for foam, but many of the rubber drivers would use the tool if it would output an FDR chart!!
It only calculates rollout if you enter those parameters. If you only enter internal, spur and pinion, it'll give you the FDR chart you're looking for.
Old 01-13-2009, 09:16 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Tamiya diehards- I have a few serious questions for you guys if you don't mind. We have quite a few racers that have run Tamiya for years out here and when the 416 was released they got it and suddenly fell off pace. I'm sure the same set up's that worked on the 415 might not have carried over to the 416. Needless to say after a few weeks most of them went back to their 415's. After the worlds the 416WE is released and certain changes seem to have taken place. The biggest Tamiya supporter in our area says that it looks like they made the changes that should have been done to the original 416 before releasing it to the public but had such a bad experience with the car that he's not willing to try it. He's running a 415MSXX which he says is hands down the best Tamiya car (in his opinion) He said that the only adjustment needed is shaving the bulk head to get the 5000 lipo to fit. I don't want to do this but if I have to I will shave it. I know that the 416 won't require any modifications. The two fastest Tamiya racer's in my area both run the 415. No one runs the 416 that I know of around my area that has done well with it. With the re-release of the 416WE I'm sure more will show up at the track and may have a better showing the second time around. I know it just won the worlds but if it doesn't work in the hands of regular club racers then what good is it? You open yourself up to biased opinions when you ask which is better but I've been racing long enough to weed thru the BS so if you guys don't mind sharing your thoughts on running the 415 and then running the 416 I'm all ears. Please be detailed and if you don't mind typing a book....I won't mind reading it... Thanks in advance for taking the time to answer any of my questions.
Old 01-13-2009, 09:30 AM
Tech Master

It only calculates rollout if you enter those parameters. If you only enter internal, spur and pinion, it'll give you the FDR chart you're looking for.
Roll out for rubber is useless!
Old 01-13-2009, 09:31 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by eddie10
whats the diff between xd and xa wider wheel base
Actually it is called track width.
Old 01-13-2009, 10:24 AM
Tech Addict

STLNLST,

Other than a one-piece top deck, and slightly revised battery position, I can't think of much in the WE that's any different than what we've been running on the original 416 with the short arms, different blocks, etc. Do you know if any of those guys tried those things before giving up?

I suppose you have to take big race results with a grain of salt, since the guys driving are superhuman, but the list of big victories for the 416 since its release is almost legendary at this point.
Old 01-13-2009, 11:06 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Clint,

I am pretty un biased about the car. I would suggest this car without hesitation. It responds to changes, and has been easy to setup since I bought it. I have not fallen off pace from my S400, and that car is excellent here at my home track...

I have run the 415 a limited amount, and that too was easy to setup and get on pace. Maybe my experience with the 415 does not qualify me to comment, but why go with an older design, when the new design has PROVEN to be a winner...

I find some people that get a specific car to work for them, if the replacement car does not respond in a few short weeks, they are soured on it, and want to move on, or in some cases... back. Some cars just do not suit paticular drivers.. for whatever reason. I loved my T2, but could never get the 007 to work for me, and it was pretty well accepted that the 007 was a much better car on asphalt then the T2.

Originally Posted by STLNLST
Tamiya diehards- I have a few serious questions for you guys if you don't mind. We have quite a few racers that have run Tamiya for years out here and when the 416 was released they got it and suddenly fell off pace. I'm sure the same set up's that worked on the 415 might not have carried over to the 416. Needless to say after a few weeks most of them went back to their 415's. After the worlds the 416WE is released and certain changes seem to have taken place. The biggest Tamiya supporter in our area says that it looks like they made the changes that should have been done to the original 416 before releasing it to the public but had such a bad experience with the car that he's not willing to try it. He's running a 415MSXX which he says is hands down the best Tamiya car (in his opinion) He said that the only adjustment needed is shaving the bulk head to get the 5000 lipo to fit. I don't want to do this but if I have to I will shave it. I know that the 416 won't require any modifications. The two fastest Tamiya racer's in my area both run the 415. No one runs the 416 that I know of around my area that has done well with it. With the re-release of the 416WE I'm sure more will show up at the track and may have a better showing the second time around. I know it just won the worlds but if it doesn't work in the hands of regular club racers then what good is it? You open yourself up to biased opinions when you ask which is better but I've been racing long enough to weed thru the BS so if you guys don't mind sharing your thoughts on running the 415 and then running the 416 I'm all ears. Please be detailed and if you don't mind typing a book....I won't mind reading it... Thanks in advance for taking the time to answer any of my questions.
Old 01-13-2009, 11:16 AM
Tech Master

STLNLST,

Other than a one-piece top deck, and slightly revised battery position, I can't think of much in the WE that's any different than what we've been running on the original 416 with the short arms, different blocks, etc. Do you know if any of those guys tried those things before giving up?

I suppose you have to take big race results with a grain of salt, since the guys driving are superhuman, but the list of big victories for the 416 since its release is almost legendary at this point.
After building my new WE kit and doing a side by side comparison, the cells have moved forward conciderably! As far as the flex from the one piece upper deck... I'm not seeing it at all. Maybe if you were to remove some more screws in the back. But the relocation of the cells is a BIG thing. seems like I had to put all my lead up front on the old car (almost 2 oz.) to get it the way I wanted it. I would only recomend the chassis and shortened arm set up. The shock towers do have more mounting locations as well. Not sure I care for the aluminum front dog bones either .
Old 01-13-2009, 11:17 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 17 (90%+)

Originally Posted by STLNLST
Don't let those boys fool you... The 416 threw some of them for a loop b/c it probably sets up differently than the 415Ms-whatever version they were all used to. You can read pages and pages here on the net... but you won't know if the car's for you until you actually try it, bro.

Personally, I think it's butter.... (And I think Biner would agree too).

-Martin

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.