Search

Serpent to 1/10th EP Touring Kit S400

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2008, 12:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ammdrew
Tony's setup from nats
Was he lacking on power traction? He is using an incredibly high amount of up travel in the front. If his car was lazy or pushed at all this would most likely be the culprit.

Yohan- Serpent and Paolo are EXCELLENT to work with. As Randy has said there is a real interest in what we test and what our findings are. I know there are at least 5 different things that I brought up that are being addressed already.
I expect alot of good things from Serpent in the near future, particularly as our team gets stronger!!!
Old 03-18-2008, 01:14 PM
Tech Fanatic

Hi Guys, I think this is my first post in the electric section. Hi to all. I will try to be more active here even if at this stage still I am very limited technically due the fact that I have not run the car (yet) enough to be able to give accurate help and feedback. Fortunately we have nice and capable people like Tim Potter, Mr. Butter and Randy Caster that are well known and capable to answer your questions. Guys, thanks for your hard work support and dedication.

Thanks for the kind words. I have meet recently more and more people involved in electric racing and they are all wonderful and nice people. As you all know, we are new to the electric scene and the S400 is our very first project. I think we have a good project to start and it can only get better.
So we have a lot to learn. I appreciate your feedback, specially because we firmly believe that it's the only way to improve. We are addressing the issues that have being addressed by our customers and team drivers. It's a work in progress.

Regarding some reported problems and improvement, here are some news:
Belts: We have new belts, stronger and durable. In stock now, same p#
Ball diff Thrust bearing: we have a new update bearing. In stock now, same p#
CVD shaft: We are working to improve durability on steel ones. Light weight version, Titanium wheel axle and alu shaft are ready and in stock next week.
Wishbones: New wishbones are ready and in stock next week. They are short and come with a carbon fiber insert.
Bulk head: Still testing possible solution, but not ready yet.

This is all the news I have so far. I appreciate the support for our products and please don't hesitate to ask. For sure you will get an answer

Last but not list, congrats to Billy Easton and the Molzer Team for their performance at the Carpet Nats.

Paolo
Old 03-18-2008, 03:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Paolo M
Hi Guys, I think this is my first post in the electric section. Hi to all. I will try to be more active here even if at this stage still I am very limited technically due the fact that I have not run the car (yet) enough to be able to give accurate help and feedback. Fortunately we have nice and capable people like Tim Potter, Mr. Butter and Randy Caster that are well known and capable to answer your questions. Guys, thanks for your hard work support and dedication.

Thanks for the kind words. I have meet recently more and more people involved in electric racing and they are all wonderful and nice people. As you all know, we are new to the electric scene and the S400 is our very first project. I think we have a good project to start and it can only get better.
So we have a lot to learn. I appreciate your feedback, specially because we firmly believe that it's the only way to improve. We are addressing the issues that have being addressed by our customers and team drivers. It's a work in progress.

Regarding some reported problems and improvement, here are some news:
Belts: We have new belts, stronger and durable. In stock now, same p#
Ball diff Thrust bearing: we have a new update bearing. In stock now, same p#
CVD shaft: We are working to improve durability on steel ones. Light weight version, Titanium wheel axle and alu shaft are ready and in stock next week.
Wishbones: New wishbones are ready and in stock next week. They are short and come with a carbon fiber insert.
Bulk head: Still testing possible solution, but not ready yet.

This is all the news I have so far. I appreciate the support for our products and please don't hesitate to ask. For sure you will get an answer

Last but not list, congrats to Billy Easton and the Molzer Team for their performance at the Carpet Nats.

Paolo
Priceless
Old 03-18-2008, 04:01 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Glad to hear everything is already becoming available, didn't take long at all.
Old 03-18-2008, 05:32 PM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

hobbyplex in Omaha, Were the electric nats were held, has most of those items on the wall right now. They came in just before nats, if anyone is looking to get them give a call to them.

Last edited by ammdrew; 03-19-2008 at 10:53 AM.
Old 03-18-2008, 10:34 PM
Tech Elite

I doubt Hobbyplex has new arms, new axles, drive shafts and thrust bearings...that stuff isn't even in the country.
Old 03-19-2008, 03:39 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TeamButter
I doubt Hobbyplex has new arms, new axles, drive shafts and thrust bearings...that stuff isn't even in the country.
So where is the stock then mentioned by Paolo?? They are not here in Holland, country of Serpent...
Old 03-19-2008, 06:03 AM
Company Representative

arms thrust bearings etc have been for a couple weeks now.
Old 03-19-2008, 07:43 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by Rogier
So where is the stock then mentioned by Paolo?? They are not here in Holland, country of Serpent...
I'm sure if they arent available yet over there, they will be very soon.
Old 03-19-2008, 07:51 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Rogier
Paolo mentioned that those items would be coming to the U.S soon. Your point about them not being available in Holland is exactly why I didn't think they would be here in the U.S.

I'm sure there is a misunderstanding as to the "NEW" arms, thrust bearings. I'm sure they have plenty of stock of the original thrust bearings and arms though.
Old 03-19-2008, 08:01 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by TeamButter
Paolo mentioned that those items would be coming to the U.S soon. Your point about them not being available in Holland is exactly why I didn't think they would be here in the U.S.

I'm sure there is a misunderstanding as to the "NEW" arms, thrust bearings. I'm sure they have plenty of stock of the original thrust bearings and arms though.
I recall purchasing the 'New' thrust bearing set at The Plex last week for the Nats. There are two washers and 10 loose bearings. A much better system than the original 'captured' balls or using AE balls with the original washers.

Worked great all week!

Allan
Old 03-19-2008, 08:37 AM
Company Representative

no missunderstanding, MMR has been hard into the electric car and the electric support, we had the arms for nats and had them in the shop at the race. I recommend you call and check it out.

ask for part number ser401167 and ser401166.

they also have ser401104 and the new ser401135's
Attached Thumbnails Serpent to 1/10th EP Touring Kit S400-serpentarms.jpg  

Last edited by ammdrew; 03-19-2008 at 10:51 AM.
Old 03-19-2008, 10:12 AM
Tech Elite

Has anyone tried underdrive or overdrive on their S400?
Besides Randy? LOL!!!
Old 03-19-2008, 11:35 AM
Tech Elite

How do you run under or overdrive ???
By tyres sizes ?? or ??
Old 03-19-2008, 11:49 AM
Company Representative

I know some have used other diffs, and or oneways that may have a tooth difference creating a over under drive. Not sure were it would be a advantage, maybe if traction was less then desirable you could create some handling perks from it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.