Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree5Likes

Alex Racing Barracuda R2 & R3

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2004, 02:11 AM
Tech Master

sorry dave,

you got any info/pic's on this dust cover ???
Old 07-10-2004, 07:21 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally posted by Merciless
sorry dave,

you got any info/pic's on this dust cover ???

-Dave
Old 07-10-2004, 07:49 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by JDM_DOHC_SiR

-Dave
They look like they could easily be made out of a couple scraps of lexan
I hope they're cheap.

I still prefer the R2 style steering, simple and it works without any bother, no having to change racks to get enough steering
Old 07-10-2004, 12:26 PM
Tech Master

So dave do those covers replace the washers that go top and bottom of the teflon bushings ??
Old 07-10-2004, 03:30 PM
Tech Champion

So dave do those covers replace the washers that go top and bottom of the teflon bushings ??
Yes
Old 07-10-2004, 03:51 PM
Tech Master

PM's abound DAVE

cheers

Rod
Old 07-10-2004, 04:00 PM
Tech Champion

PM's abound DAVE

cheers

Rod
Back to ya
Old 07-10-2004, 07:10 PM
Tech Apprentice

steering problems on R2

Hey at all the people that own barracudas
i think the car is great but there is one problem on the steering the standard steering servo horn is hitting the left arm that the steering moves on and im not getting full steering to that side
i have a standard sanwa servo which is pretty small but it still hits this arm

The only way that i have fixed it now is that the servo stands have moved to the front of the servo post and the servo is back and the ball on the end of the sevro horn i have put on the out side but i want it as i got it standard

Do you have to sand it down a bit or do you have a to get a after market one ??

Thanks guys for your help
Old 07-10-2004, 10:18 PM
Tech Champion

Default Re: steering problems on R2

Originally posted by mr barracuda
Hey at all the people that own barracudas
i think the car is great but there is one problem on the steering the standard steering servo horn is hitting the left arm that the steering moves on and im not getting full steering to that side
i have a standard sanwa servo which is pretty small but it still hits this arm

The only way that i have fixed it now is that the servo stands have moved to the front of the servo post and the servo is back and the ball on the end of the sevro horn i have put on the out side but i want it as i got it standard

Do you have to sand it down a bit or do you have a to get a after market one ??

Thanks guys for your help
I Have heard this problem before from JR servo users..but not from Sanwa??? ..where are you mounting the servo rod to on the servo saver.?? the inner hole or the outer hole?? Also one more thing you can try is the Yokomo servo horn set for the SD... they have 2 positions on the horn..and are a slight bit different in shape

-Dave
Old 07-10-2004, 11:22 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Re: Re: steering problems on R2

Originally posted by JDM_DOHC_SiR
I Have heard this problem before from JR servo users..but not from Sanwa??? ..where are you mounting the servo rod to on the servo saver.?? the inner hole or the outer hole?? Also one more thing you can try is the Yokomo servo horn set for the SD... they have 2 positions on the horn..and are a slight bit different in shape

-Dave
Hey Dave
Thanks for replying
i have the servo rod that connect to the sevro horn on the inner whole the one that is closer to the front
That might be the problem??
and the sevro is a sanwa srm102 before that i had a ko pro po sevro as well and that was a lot bigger then the sanwa one and that did the same thing

i dont know im confused Thanks 4 the help
Old 07-11-2004, 02:46 AM
Tech Champion

Default Re: Re: Re: steering problems on R2

Originally posted by mr barracuda
Hey Dave
Thanks for replying
i have the servo rod that connect to the sevro horn on the inner whole the one that is closer to the front
That might be the problem??
and the sevro is a sanwa srm102 before that i had a ko pro po sevro as well and that was a lot bigger then the sanwa one and that did the same thing

i dont know im confused Thanks 4 the help
If you can take apicture of the Barracuda with the servo and where it is hitting.. I might be abe to help..
-Dave
Old 07-11-2004, 02:55 AM
Tech Elite

Well I went carpet racing for the first time last night
The cuda went pretty well with it's outdoor setup, just scrubbed too much speed in the corners I think. I spent the first half of the night braking too much for the corners and loosing all my speed, the last few runs I was told I didn't need to brake so much so I didn't. Infact I barely got off full throttle, the car would slow itself down for most of the corners whenever I cranked some steering on and with the right gearing and my good cells there was a lot more speed. It's weird carrying so much speed through such tight corners.
Unfortunatly for my last qualifier I moved the rear shocks in from the outer most hole on the suspension arm but it made the rear end keep spinning around and took some nice chunks out of the outer edge of the foams
Put it back for the final and went from 5th to 4th, not bad for my first night but most of the fastest guys weren't there.
One really fast guy was there and boy did he have some speed, made it look like he was using a 19turn while everyone else was driving 27turn stocks. Aparently theres a group of about five who can drive like him I don't think I'll be winning any races indoors any time soon

Anyway, has anyone got any tips on getting a car to stop "bogging down" in corners and scrubbing too much speed. I'm thinking harder springs, which I'll have to order as the hardest I have are 1.4x5.75
Old 07-11-2004, 03:03 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Herminator

Anyway, has anyone got any tips on getting a car to stop "bogging down" in corners and scrubbing too much speed. I'm thinking harder springs, which I'll have to order as the hardest I have are 1.4x5.75
You still have those Rayspeed springs don`t you..??? Rednup front and White in the rear

also what body were you using ...and how was the grip of the track..
-Dave
Old 07-11-2004, 03:51 AM
Tech Master

For 27t gearing is VERY important as i'm sure you know

I usually aim for about 28mm rollout

The track i race at i would consider mid/low grip for carpet
technical but with a very long straight (we use the biggest indoor carpet track i've ever seen)

I'm using the mid span arms with the shocks mounted right out in the lower holes front and rear.

3rd hole in up front with yokomo hot yellow springs 12.85lbs
2nd hole in on the rear with yokomo blue springs 10.45lbs

as said next week i'll have moved to blue in the front to, but with the shocks right out (this set-up will very likely be too soft for you but might give you idea's of front to rear balance ??)

I will prolly also add roll bars and possibly take out some front caster by using spacers under the wishbones to liven up the front even more.

With carpet i'd also say that the softer tyres aren't always the best and often more grip can be found with harder compounds.

i'm not sure where you are at the moment tyre wise but i'd suggest around a 40shore to start with or possibly the proline purple's/double purples depending on your driving preferrences

hope i might of been of some help
Old 07-11-2004, 03:58 AM
Tech Master

Sorry Herm forgot to say you've got the right idea though indoor on carpet is all about carrying corner speed so more often than not you want to be as hard as possible really.

My local track is alittle unusual really as it's relatively low grip and quite bumpy as the surface under the carpet has some bumps in it.....

but i thibnk you want to aim for a car that flows though the corners with little body roll

By the way i use a stratus 2 shell at the mo
may change to a mazda6 again hopeing for a more aggressive car

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.