Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree5Likes

Alex Racing Barracuda R2 & R3

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2003, 02:53 AM
Regional Moderator

Originally posted by Randman
Is the CE4 the car with the motor front mounted?

Yeppers
Attached Thumbnails Alex Racing Barracuda R2 & R3-ce-4.jpg  
Old 07-21-2003, 02:40 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally posted by Ko Racer
yo dave send me the pics bro when you can
I will the ones I send before got kicked back to me

-Dave
Old 07-21-2003, 02:44 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Randman
Cool, thank you. I have seen pics of it in the past. Looks like it would be lighter than stock, but have more flex...
actually it has less flex due to the brace at the rear of the car and also the carbon is rather thcik

-Dave
Old 07-21-2003, 02:49 PM
Tech Elite

Sheesh, are you two putting together a family photo album or something?

Good job you don't handle the airial reconnisance photo's Dave

Do you still use your CE-4 anywhere? what does it handle like with that layout?

Getting very bored now, all work and no racing makes Herm a very sad boy
Old 07-21-2003, 02:53 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default Barracuda or Yok-SD

Hey guys I need some direction. Im in the thinking process of getting either a Barracuda or Yokomo SD. Can someone please advise me to which one to lean over to? Please tell me why, I want both theise cars but only one I will get which one I dont know yet. Im driving a TC3 for now but just want something new.
Thanks.
Old 07-21-2003, 03:23 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Barracuda or Yok-SD

Originally posted by johnny55
Hey guys I need some direction. Im in the thinking process of getting either a Barracuda or Yokomo SD. Can someone please advise me to which one to lean over to? Please tell me why, I want both theise cars but only one I will get which one I dont know yet. Im driving a TC3 for now but just want something new.
Thanks.
Well of course I would get a Barracuda, it may cost more in the short term but I think you'll spend a lot less replacing parts, unless your name is JDM (no Dave you'll never live it down )
You'll want to spend a little on getting the drive train of the Cuda more robust, either alloy shaft holders, or if you're running mod you'll want the SpeedWay PAL drivesystem (or similar) or possibly both if you want to be totaly safe. I'm using just the alloy shaft holders and they are great for stock/19t spec racing but modified motors will put a little more stress on the spur gear.
Other than spur gears I haven't broken a thing on my Cuda, I have replaced a steering hub but that wasn't totaly neccessary, it was just scored around the inside where a cvd pin had half come out since I hadn't used enough thread lock and it wasn't tight enough.
I have also replaced the shock caps with Yokomo's bladder tyoe caps because I don't like bleed screws, with the bladder caps I think the shocks are now great.
If you read the Cuda threads in the last few pages you'll see a couple of special versions are coming out, if you have the cash these may be worth your while

No one sells this kit in my country so I have to import everything for it, I like the car so much though that I want a second and don't care about import waiting/costs. The ability of the car and the results I've had from driving it has made everything more than worthwhile, it's made driving more fun knowing I can get the car to handle without too much fuss, and it's incredibly fast when built right.
Old 07-21-2003, 03:26 PM
Tech Champion

Default Re: Barracuda or Yok-SD

Originally posted by johnny55
Thanks.

Well since your on the Barracuda thread and not the SD thread the Barracuda has a lot of things going for it.....
1) Easy to work on .. vice the SD
2) Very Srong drive train...
3) Handles great out of the box..and responds well to little changes in the set up.
4) Very Hight Quaility parts and kit construction
5) 4 Colors to pick from....Reb, Blue, Purple and Pink(Orange or Silver if you are lucky
6) Part support is good...
7) this car is very Proven in Japan and now it has placed at the top2 a several big Races in the US

... there is more but I`ll let others answer it for you..
Old 07-21-2003, 03:30 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Herminator
Sheesh, are you two putting together a family photo album or something?

Good job you don't handle the airial reconnisance photo's Dave

Thanks Hermi`

-Dave
Old 07-21-2003, 03:31 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: Barracuda or Yok-SD

Originally posted by JDM_DOHC_SiR
Well since your on the Barracuda thread and not the SD thread the Barracuda has a lot of things going for it.....
1) Easy to work on .. vice the SD
2) Very Srong drive train...
3) Handles great out of the box..and responds well to little changes in the set up.
4) Very Hight Quaility parts and kit construction
5) 4 Colors to pick from....Reb, Blue, Purple and Pink(Orange or Silver if you are lucky
6) Part support is good...
7) this car is very Proven in Japan and now it has placed at the top2 a several big Races in the US

... there is more but I`ll let others answer it for you..
getting slow in your old age Dave
Old 07-21-2003, 03:34 PM
Tech Champion

Default Re: Re: Re: Barracuda or Yok-SD

Originally posted by Herminator
getting slow in your old age Dave
nope ...I just had to stop half way through and drop the chocolate hostages of in the ....... Toilet

-Dave
Old 07-21-2003, 03:40 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Talking Very OT

So Dave, is this really how they do it over there???
http://www.asahi-net.or.jp/~AD8Y-HYS/movie.htm
Old 07-21-2003, 03:46 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Very OT

Originally posted by elnitro
LMAO, I can never understand why they bother with those things, it's a glorified hole in the ground. I bet your trousers get soaked in pee too, going to the loo can be difficult enough at times without having to try using that thing.
Old 07-21-2003, 04:08 PM
Tech Champion

Default Re: Very OT

Originally posted by elnitro
70% of the toilets are this way hehehehehhahaahaha

-Dave
Old 07-21-2003, 04:17 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally posted by itchynads
Just when I was getting worried that I would never break my 'cuda, it happened. I broke my first part since owning the R2...a front shock tower Hit a marker cone at top speed with my 8 turn motor and the car came to a grinding halt. At least I can now say I broke something on my 'cuda.

Thankfully KO Racer's chassis kit which I bought is on its way. The weirdest things is that every other part on the car is fine.
My winning streak and parts breakage streak ended ubruptly also this past weekend
A T3 truck hit me head on when it jumped the track during practice and stopped us both in our tracks. It drove off but my car lay motionless. The battery unplugged, the rear diff outdrive snapped and a rear arm snapped (strange for a head on crash). I replaced some parts but the car still has a major tweak or something- it's just not the same right now. Looks like I'll be tearing the whole car down and going over the car with a magnifying glass

In my absence Randman stepped up to the plate and represented the Cuda very well- good job. I guess you got the loose rear figured out. Btw- I measure my droop setting from the outermost part of the arm itself so that means the rear is set at 7.5mm.

Last edited by MikeR; 07-21-2003 at 04:32 PM.
Old 07-21-2003, 04:32 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by MikeR
My winning streak and parts breakage streak ended ubruptly also this past weekend
A T3 truck hit me head on when it jumped the track and stopped us both in our tracks. It drove off but my car lay motionless. The battery unplugged, the rear diff outdrive snapped and a rear arm snapped (strange for a head on crash). I replaced some parts but the car still has a major tweak or something- it's just not the same right now. Looks like I'll be tearing the whole car down and going over the car with a magnifying glass

In my absence Randman stepped up to the plate and represented the Cuda very well- good job. I guess you got the loose rear figured out. Btw- I measure my droop setting from the outermost part of the arm itself so that means the rear is set at 7.5mm.
OUCH...Some of the places to look for tweek are in the gear gox alingment and the upper deck...thats were I had found a good % of tweek before

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.