Search
Like Tree52Likes

Team Losi JRXS Type-R

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2008, 07:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 83 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RedRocketRacing
I ran Mike Haynes IIC setup this weekend on my car in Salem and it was pretty good. If not for my hangover on saturday I might of got the TQ, maybe. It is posted back on page 262 i think. Start with that, I will run that again down at TZ as my starting point.

RedRocket
Thanks Anders i was at Salem and saw you running your foam car it looked really good. Accually watching your car in 13.5 foam made me want to get my losi ready to run 13.5 foam. See you a TZ
Old 10-13-2008, 08:06 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rdog
Thanks Anders i was at Salem and saw you running your foam car it looked really good. Accually watching your car in 13.5 foam made me want to get my losi ready to run 13.5 foam. See you a TZ
The setup calls for Parma 53's and I ran Jaco 2 stages without any problems. It was fun to drive, hungover or not. If not for the little Mike Todd in the 2nd A I think I had something for Steve R. But got taking out by lapped traffic.

RedRocket
Old 10-13-2008, 08:09 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 83 (100%+)

The setup calls for Parma 53's and I ran Jaco 2 stages without any problems. It was fun to drive, hungover or not. If not for the little Mike Todd in the 2nd A I think I had something for Steve R. But got taking out by lapped traffic.

RedRocket
I tried finding that set up but i couldnt find it.
Old 10-13-2008, 08:19 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

http://www.rctech.net/forum/4790351-post7904.html

Haven't ran my type r in foam, but the rubber setup is dialed.
Old 10-14-2008, 06:09 AM
Tech Adept

I have been through this thread looking for a photo with the SMC 5000 pack
and what mod I need to do to let it fit can any one with a photo or explain what should be done I have the steel tray and I know I have to do some work to it but what else do I need to do? thank you.
Old 10-14-2008, 07:35 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mutabarucka
I have been through this thread looking for a photo with the SMC 5000 pack
and what mod I need to do to let it fit can any one with a photo or explain what should be done I have the steel tray and I know I have to do some work to it but what else do I need to do? thank you.
The 5000 is the most work, you will probably need to shave the edges of the metal tray a little so the pack sits all the way at the bottom. You will need to widen the pulley (I posted this a few pages back) but you will also need to grind down the rear bulkheads. I chose to just run the 4000, performance is close enough, and you don't have to dremel the bulkheads. The new trackpower 5300 fits without the mod too which could be another choice.
Old 10-14-2008, 09:24 AM
Tech Adept

Hey guys, I just got my Type R together. I was going to sell it after I bought it since the local indoor track was going to go dirt. Well, that fell through because of cost so it's staying carpet! The car rips! Couldn't be happier.

Anyway, I combed this thread a while ago and remember seeing some of the similaritys between the Type R and the JRXS pro listed... I know a guy who still has a huge parts lot and offered to give me what was in it. He had the pro. I know the shocks are identical plus I've cross referenced some of the small parts as the same; but I'm curious what else carries over? (I used the JRXS layshaft in my build BTW.) I am most curious about outer suspension parts. Thanks...
Old 10-14-2008, 02:42 PM
Tech Addict

I know that it critisized the use of a spool on carpet before, but after this last weekend watching a few Xrays running a spool in 13.5 rubber tire on a small carpet track with high bite, I am now curious if anybody is running one in their Type R? The cars with spools were very controlled on the track. The ability to brake going into the sharp corner gave them alot of control through the chicanes and slow corners. They were also able to control there tire temps well and keep traction for the entire run. I ran Haynes IIC setup on my car and although it was good at the beginning of the run I could not get the car to slow fast enough to make certain corners. Thus causeing the rear tires to overheat and become very loose about 3 minutes into the run. I am going to take the Haynes setup to our next race at a large flowing track as I do believe the one way setup will be great. But want something for those short tracks that seem to give me a bit of trouble. Post whatever setup you have. I have seen all of the Petit RC and team Spoon setup. Lets get those setup that guys have been working on at there local tracks posted.
( I don't have a track that I can race at all time )

RedRocket
Old 10-14-2008, 02:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

I run a spool everywhere .

I know that it critisized the use of a spool on carpet before, but after this last weekend watching a few Xrays running a spool in 13.5 rubber tire on a small carpet track with high bite, I am now curious if anybody is running one in their Type R? The cars with spools were very controlled on the track. The ability to brake going into the sharp corner gave them alot of control through the chicanes and slow corners. They were also able to control there tire temps well and keep traction for the entire run. I ran Haynes IIC setup on my car and although it was good at the beginning of the run I could not get the car to slow fast enough to make certain corners. Thus causeing the rear tires to overheat and become very loose about 3 minutes into the run. I am going to take the Haynes setup to our next race at a large flowing track as I do believe the one way setup will be great. But want something for those short tracks that seem to give me a bit of trouble. Post whatever setup you have. I have seen all of the Petit RC and team Spoon setup. Lets get those setup that guys have been working on at there local tracks posted.

RedRocket
Old 10-14-2008, 02:50 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

RedRocket
I only run my R with a spool indoors and outside. I use a normal front link rather than the JR and 17.5 spring on the front and 15 on the rear. The only thing I found with my current carpet setup is that it has too much steering but I have just changed the rear roll centre to the low postion to give it a bit more roll in the rear but have yet to try it. I will post back when I have tried in next month.
Old 10-14-2008, 02:54 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by tim fry
I only run my R with a spool indoors and outside. I use a normal front link rather than the JR and 17.5 spring on the front and 15 on the rear. The only thing I found with my current carpet setup is that it has too much steering but I have just changed the rear roll centre to the low postion to give it a bit more roll in the rear but have yet to try it. I will post back when I have tried in next month.
Let me add that I tried to just switch the oneway out of the Haynes IIC steup and got nothing good to say. Car Violently Traction rolled on entry to the sweeper. Climbed the wall about 3 feet. Made 3 laps and than pulled the car. Caused bad traction rolling everywhere.

RedRocket
Old 10-14-2008, 03:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Let me add that I tried to just switch the oneway out of the Haynes IIC steup and got nothing good to say. Car Violently Traction rolled on entry to the sweeper. Climbed the wall about 3 feet. Made 3 laps and than pulled the car. Caused bad traction rolling everywhere.

RedRocket
Try running some drag brake if you are not slowing down enough before corners. I was running the same setup at IIC as Mike, since he gave me his car and said copy my setup. I found it very drivable and was not on edge like some of the other setups I have tried. I used a one way also. There really was a mix of oneways and spools being run at IIC this year. I guess it really depended on your setup and driving style as to what worked best for you.

The JR link will actually take some steering away if it is too much for you. Or so it was explained to me anyhow.
Old 10-14-2008, 03:48 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Yeti35
Try running some drag brake if you are not slowing down enough before corners. I was running the same setup at IIC as Mike, since he gave me his car and said copy my setup. I found it very drivable and was not on edge like some of the other setups I have tried. I used a one way also. There really was a mix of oneways and spools being run at IIC this year. I guess it really depended on your setup and driving style as to what worked best for you.

The JR link will actually take some steering away if it is too much for you. Or so it was explained to me anyhow.
I had my speedo (shpere) set to 5 of 7 on the drag brake.
The setup was very driveable. Just want a setup that I can go to if a spool is needed on a tight cornered track with fast shoots into the corners.

RedRocket
Old 10-14-2008, 04:03 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

I had my speedo (shpere) set to 5 of 7 on the drag brake.
The setup was very driveable. Just want a setup that I can go to if a spool is needed on a tight cornered track with fast shoots into the corners.

RedRocket
Try a very tight brown grease diff. We had a tighter layout when the asphalt was down, and personally I was .2-.3 tenths faster with the diff, on carpet I'm preferring the one way right now.
Old 10-14-2008, 07:21 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by MikeXray
Try a very tight brown grease diff. We had a tighter layout when the asphalt was down, and personally I was .2-.3 tenths faster with the diff, on carpet I'm preferring the one way right now.
Thanks Mike. Unfortunatly I left for the race without my normal Spool and parts for a diff. I would of tried the diff before a spool if I had the parts with me. Next time I will have the parts for both an extra diff and spool.

RedRocket

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.