Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mamba Max....

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2007, 06:15 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

iam thinking about switching my LRP sphere/neo one 4star(with sintered rotor)
for a 7700 set up in my RC10T3. its quick now, but iam liking to idea of programing the esc on my lap top. am i going to be at any loss switching??
Old 07-14-2007, 07:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rc10guy
iam thinking about switching my LRP sphere/neo one 4star(with sintered rotor)
for a 7700 set up in my RC10T3. its quick now, but iam liking to idea of programing the esc on my lap top. am i going to be at any loss switching??
No loss buddy...after trying the Mamba system you'll never go back to anything else...
Old 07-15-2007, 09:46 AM
Tech Regular

cool, i guess that made up my mind. dose anyone know what kind of rotor is used in the motor, is it multi piece like the old ones or is it bonded. and is there a sintered rotor?
Old 07-15-2007, 10:29 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rc10guy
cool, i guess that made up my mind. dose anyone know what kind of rotor is used in the motor, is it multi piece like the old ones or is it bonded. and is there a sintered rotor?
Its sintered, one solid piece. Its bullet proof. It can take abuse unlike Novak and LRP...once they hit 180F deg they are in trouble. The Mamma ESC and motor can still work well at 200F!
Old 07-15-2007, 05:02 PM
Tech Regular

ya i blew up an reedy neo 1 rotor, replaced it with a sintered rotor, so far no problems..........but i like the mamba set up, as soon as i can dump my lrp set up iam gettin one.
Old 07-15-2007, 06:05 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

If you like adjustability then the Mamba Max is the brushless speedo to get. It is virtually limitless in setups. It is the speedo for guys who like the fine tune and mess with stuff all the time.
Old 07-16-2007, 11:49 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wyd
If you like adjustability then the Mamba Max is the brushless speedo to get. It is virtually limitless in setups. It is the speedo for guys who like the fine tune and mess with stuff all the time.

No doubt the Mamba is a great ESC for its own motors. But I sure had issues with trying to run it in brushed mode. I used it to run a stock co27T brushed motor and had cuttout issues. I thought it was the receiver, changed that, added a glitch buster, changed the motor...nothing worked. Finally I replaced the Mamba ESC with a cheesy POS $54.00 novak and problem solved.

ESC works fine on 3 wire, non sensored brushless Castle motors. Not what I'd expect from a "higher end" $135.00 ESC...they advertise brushed and brushless capable. Mabey so...if you dont need to win a race with it.
Old 07-20-2007, 11:20 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

here is how i shortened my motor wires. left some on the orginal wire (6 mm) in the circuit board and exposed it to form soldering post. then simply solder the big motor wire to it.

people always complain about the fitment of the mamba but if u turn the esc it fits just fine. the usb cable is facing the motor, thus if i want to make a change ill just take out the motor. i think this is better as i don't make changes to the profile that regular.
Attached Thumbnails Mamba Max....-dscn1148.jpg   Mamba Max....-dscn1149.jpg   Mamba Max....-dscn1151.jpg  
Old 07-22-2007, 10:19 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

a fellow racer lost brakes during the race and has not get it back as yet. the esc is getting the signal but the motor would not brake. its a 7700 using spectrum. please help!!!!!

should he try reseting the esc?
Old 07-22-2007, 11:08 AM
Tech Elite

I have still problems with connecting the esc to my laptop. IT is still not seen. Strangly my mamba25 in my micro has no problems. The leds are burning but the usb is not seen by the CC software version 3.00. Can somebody explain me how this is possible?
Old 07-23-2007, 04:31 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default lost my brakes

hi guys i lost my brakes mid way during a race and i can not get it back i have tried resetting every thing reloading the profile on the computer also binding the radio to the speed control ,when i brake the red light on the speed control lights up red but i get no brakes .i am running a cc7700kv motor and speed control.
Old 07-23-2007, 09:25 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by barber
hi guys i lost my brakes mid way during a race and i can not get it back i have tried resetting every thing reloading the profile on the computer also binding the radio to the speed control ,when i brake the red light on the speed control lights up red but i get no brakes .i am running a cc7700kv motor and speed control.
Does the car go in reverse? Also the obvious...what is the Spektrum brake percentage set to? You can over ride the brake % with those... and down to 60% and below the brakes do next to nothing on the 7700's.

If it's not that then IMO the speed control is next look.
Old 07-23-2007, 09:31 AM
Tech Regular

car does not go in reverse and i am using a helios ex10 with the spectrum i have change the profile and it still does not work.
Old 07-23-2007, 11:41 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by barber
car does not go in reverse and i am using a helios ex10 with the spectrum i have change the profile and it still does not work.
Your light is turning red so signal in is OK. I'd check the output wires to the motor to make sure you have a solid connection. I had one break on my XXX-T from constant bouncing...finally broke wire just above the ESC mount post.

Next I'd check the ESC. If you could swap with someone to test then you'll know for certain. If your within 1 year, Castle should replace if thats it.

IMO working the software side likely not the issue here.
Old 07-23-2007, 06:03 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Verndog
Your light is turning red so signal in is OK. I'd check the output wires to the motor to make sure you have a solid connection. I had one break on my XXX-T from constant bouncing...finally broke wire just above the ESC mount post.

Next I'd check the ESC. If you could swap with someone to test then you'll know for certain. If your within 1 year, Castle should replace if thats it.

IMO working the software side likely not the issue here.
thanks i found the problem its the speedcontrol switch it and it worked.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.