Wiki Posts
Search

Team Associated TC5

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2009, 06:26 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by not home
the itf chassis and top plate, im not sure about the shock towers, the origional tc5 is still competitive tho.

what's the point?
+1
Old 06-25-2009, 06:28 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by transplantlife
hey jus wanted to ask is the first edition tc5 pretty much the same as the
tc5r and what changes where made if any to the tc5r
topdeck chassis plastic diffs instead of aluminum and no spool but its the car i run had it for 2 years drove others and like tc5 ft better cheap parts and durable car no over engineering
Old 06-25-2009, 07:29 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by not home
what's the point?
The TC3 is faster then the TC5 with higher turn motors. Its very popular in VTA and could be inexpensive.
Old 06-25-2009, 08:11 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by or8ital
The TC3 is faster then the TC5 with higher turn motors. Its very popular in VTA and could be inexpensive.
You need to stop smoking the funny fags!
Old 06-25-2009, 08:47 PM
Tech Regular

I don't know if I will agree with you on this one I had tc3 in the past and now tc5r may be in a brush motor set up. I both performed the bearing shield removal on both. The tc3 wheels would spin free if it's in the stand with no motor. This would not happen to TC5 but once the tc5 is on the ground it's about the same. just my 2 cents.

May be faster drivers...
Old 06-25-2009, 09:25 PM
Tech Champion

...based on lots of testing by top US stock drivers on an asphalt surface

If you think about it then it makes sense. The shaft drive is going to get you out of the corners quicker. The TC5 already kind of has a reputation of poor corner speed. It handles beautifully it just doesn't have the speed.

I've seen back to back testing and the TC3 is considerably faster (more then a lap on a 20 lap course). The driver spent a lot of time with both cars. He laid it down on 3 different ROAR Nats A main finalist from 2008/2009. Feel free to disagree.
Old 06-25-2009, 09:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

If you think about it then it makes sense. The shaft drive is going to get you out of the corners quicker. The TC5 already kind of has a reputation of poor corner speed. It handles beautifully it just doesn't have the speed.

I've seen back to back testing and the TC3 is considerably faster (more then a lap on a 20 lap course). The driver spent a lot of time with both cars. He laid it down on 3 different ROAR Nats A main finalist from 2008/2009. Feel free to disagree.
The first National Championship for the TC5 was in the stock class. You dont win a big stock race without corner speed...
Old 06-25-2009, 09:36 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

I will disagree..

My TC5 is just as fast in 17.5 as the TQ from the 08 ROAR asphalt nats (stock) at our local track (home track of both of us). He runs a '008 for comparison. There is absolutely nothing wrong with the TC5, and no lack of corner speed. I will take my TC5 any day over a TC3.
Old 06-25-2009, 10:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Maybell
The first National Championship for the TC5 was in the stock class. You dont win a big stock race without corner speed...
ill agree with that. its all about setup. my car has the most corner speed on the track for the few of us in the class.
Old 06-25-2009, 10:08 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by geeunit1014
I will disagree..

My TC5 is just as fast in 17.5 as the TQ from the 08 ROAR asphalt nats (stock) at our local track (home track of both of us). He runs a '008 for comparison. There is absolutely nothing wrong with the TC5, and no lack of corner speed. I will take my TC5 any day over a TC3.
I wasnt comparing a TC5 to a '008 or any other belt car. I was comparing it to the TC3 . How many TC3s are at your home track being piloted by top drivers?

I know its hard to believe and you don't have to believe me. Im just passing on what I've seen.
Old 06-25-2009, 10:34 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

I believe we have a guy who still runs one in VTA, and he does well, always up there for TQ/win. I believe TC3's can still be fast, but I dont think theyd be faster than a TC5. If they were, youd see them being run at big races. When was the last time anyone made the A at a big race w/ a TC3? Last setup sheet on asc's site shows 2004 (05 for a TC4). Still a great car on the club level, just not the latest and greatest anymore

Something else to consider is that the driver at your track may just be used to the TC3, and doesnt quite like the feel the TC5 has. Everyones driving style is different, and some cars suit will some people better than others
Old 06-25-2009, 11:07 PM
Tech Regular

When I started driving the TC5 coming from the TC3 it was awkward for me it was hard to drive may be because I'm just a beginner but I spend hours and hours of practicing and tuning the car till I found the right set up that works for me. Then I drove the TC3 again on the same track I didn't like the way it felt so I sold to a co worker of mine. It just doesn't make sense that old tech would beat the new tech. All I can say is the TC5 has so much more adjustabilty compare to TC3 that after using it for almost a year I still believed that there is still away to advance the settings. But I'm not an expert either and I've only been in one race track here in San Diego that I go to religously every other sunday for the last year and some change. TC3 was a fast car it won the world with Barry Baker right.
Old 06-25-2009, 11:14 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by geeunit1014
I believe we have a guy who still runs one in VTA, and he does well, always up there for TQ/win. I believe TC3's can still be fast, but I dont think theyd be faster than a TC5. If they were, youd see them being run at big races. When was the last time anyone made the A at a big race w/ a TC3? Last setup sheet on asc's site shows 2004 (05 for a TC4). Still a great car on the club level, just not the latest and greatest anymore

Something else to consider is that the driver at your track may just be used to the TC3, and doesnt quite like the feel the TC5 has. Everyones driving style is different, and some cars suit will some people better than others
You should see a TC3 or Evo4 at this year Nats depending which he brings . Several people drove the TC3 and got faster lap times. Im just sayin...

But to clarify, I wasnt saying replace the TC5 with the TC3. I was just saying release some kinda re-release classic edition for VTA and/or stock spec at a lower cost but not as a RTR. The TC5 needs to continue to advance its platform for the highest levels or racing. Its a surperb handling car.

I was also just referring to stock 17.5 racing. Not Worlds Modified racing.
Old 06-26-2009, 06:05 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I found that in the right hands and setup, while running 27t brushed motors another driver with a TC5 and me with a TC4 we were equals. Since then we have changed to the LRP x11 17.5 and are also running TC5's both of us have are now going faster, and I'm going faster then what my TC4 could with a 17.5. I don't even have my TC5 dialled yet and yet I'm already going nearly 2 seconds faster then what I was doing with my TC4 which was dialled.

The steering in the TC5 is far more surperior then what the TC4 is.
Old 06-26-2009, 09:30 AM
Tech Elite

2009 Reedy Race of Champions set up sheets for Juho Levanen and myself have now been added to AE's website.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.