Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team Associated TC5

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2009, 06:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Would you guys be using a spool on a tight technical track instead of a diff?
Old 07-07-2009, 07:05 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by trdsupra88
What tires/surface are you running?

For rubber/asphalt, you pretty much always run a spool. some people run oneways, but you cant really go wrong with spool
For rubber/carpet, I think its spilt between oneway/spool, depending on many factors (driving style, layout, traction, etc). Again, spool is a safe bet.
for foam/carpet, always run a diff.

Last edited by geeunit1014; 07-07-2009 at 07:08 PM. Reason: spellcheck
Old 07-07-2009, 07:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

oneway's are the fastest way around a carpet track. well to me and some others.
Old 07-07-2009, 08:37 PM
Tech Regular

I say spool for asphalt low to med grip and diff or oneway for carpet.
Old 07-08-2009, 12:14 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by chrisfrom619
I say spool for asphalt low to med grip and diff or oneway for carpet.
Hi!

I'm little confused
for asphalt and rubberz solid axle at front (slipper spo,ol)
for carpet and foamz one-way or diff,
for carpet and rubberz which one solid/diff/one-way ?

Best drivers in Poland use solid axle each time for rubber tires on asphalt or carpet, I know only one person who drive on carpet with rubber and diff ...
but he is a little slower then others ...

So ?

Thank you!

m.
Old 07-08-2009, 12:28 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by M.Abramowicz
Hi!

I'm little confused
for asphalt and rubberz solid axle at front (slipper spo,ol)
for carpet and foamz one-way or diff,
for carpet and rubberz which one solid/diff/one-way ?

Best drivers in Poland use solid axle each time for rubber tires on asphalt or carpet, I know only one person who drive on carpet with rubber and diff ...
but he is a little slower then others ...

So ?

Thank you!

m.
For carpet using rubber tires you can go on any of them depending on the track layout if it requires a lot heavy breaking and multiple hair pin or 180 you don't want oneway spool is your best bet but with smooth and fast layout diff or oneway is the way to go. Then what it really boils down to is your own driving style if you like late breaking you definitely need a spool and if you like coasting and smooth driving oneway or diff.

Here is the pics of my TCX kit installed on top of home made balance thingy
Attached Thumbnails Team Associated TC5-rc-057.jpg   Team Associated TC5-rc-058.jpg   Team Associated TC5-rc-059.jpg   Team Associated TC5-rc-060.jpg   Team Associated TC5-rc-066.jpg  

Old 07-08-2009, 12:33 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by chrisfrom619
Here is the pics of my TCX kit installed on top of home made balance thingy
Thanks for story about fronts.

Btw, I have hudy balance tool and it's stnks better for me is use fishing line and
2 holes in towers

Nice chassis, but I will stay with oryginal tc5.

:-)
m.
Old 07-08-2009, 09:16 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Hi guys, I have a couple of questions about the TC5R. I am coming back to the onroad scene after somewhat of a long hiatus. I was running the Xray T2 before and loved it, but I am now looking for a new chassis to race with. I have been pulling my hair out for the last couple of days trying to decide on which chassis to get. I have chosen this platform due to great parts availability and it seems like a solid car. I was just wondering if there was anything I need to pay attention to during the build or should buy. Also, is the TC5R lipo ready? Meaning will it fit most batteries without modification? Thanks for all your help guys.

--Stan
Old 07-08-2009, 10:43 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by skinart76
Hi guys, I have a couple of questions about the TC5R. I am coming back to the onroad scene after somewhat of a long hiatus. I was running the Xray T2 before and loved it, but I am now looking for a new chassis to race with. I have been pulling my hair out for the last couple of days trying to decide on which chassis to get. I have chosen this platform due to great parts availability and it seems like a solid car. I was just wondering if there was anything I need to pay attention to during the build or should buy. Also, is the TC5R lipo ready? Meaning will it fit most batteries without modification? Thanks for all your help guys.

--Stan
Getting the diff bolt together w/ the nut is a real PITA...be careful or you'll strip out the nut real easy...then be waiting on parts to finish your build. I also has to do some slight trimming on the rear hubs for full clearance on the arms. Belt tightness...the manual's settings didnt work for me..you just have to play w/ the tensioners to get'em right.

I can't think of anything else specific to the tc5, just the typical build stuff...sand & seal the chassis, ensure the suspension components are buttery smooth. ..balance it all out and run it.

Lipos... I've been running smc 5k packs, just taping them in and added lead to balance it all out and help hold the lipo in/keep it off the belts. It clears the top deck by 3-4mm or so but not sure what the height limit is..

Here's on of the lipo plates avail.
http://www.ppdbillet.com/RC_accessories.html
Old 07-08-2009, 11:11 AM
Tech Regular

Great! Thanks for the info, I will be sure to be very careful with the diff nut. Can't wait to get my hands on one and join the AE crowd.

--Stan
Old 07-08-2009, 11:22 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by skinart76
Great! Thanks for the info, I will be sure to be very careful with the diff nut. Can't wait to get my hands on one and join the AE crowd.

--Stan
Fit and finish might not be as perfrect as the Xray is but hell for the price you could almost buy two completely new kits for the price of on Luxury Touring sedan from Xray!!!!!!! When my shop gets me parts I laugh at how cheap the parts are.

I have the PPD lipo plate in my car and it fits like a glove. Now for me I went with the Diggity offset lipo battery mount and I used his standard lipo battery mount before I bought the new offset one. This weekend will be my first weekend with the offset lipo battery mount. Will see how it goes.

As with any care just take your time building it correctly and you will be fine. This car does seemingly have more steering than any touring car I have had in the past. I have to get use to that kind of steering as I normally like a slight push in my cars.
Old 07-08-2009, 11:44 AM
Tech Regular

Yeah, the pricing and the availability of the replacement parts was what made me decide on this chassis. I want another Xray, but you've said it, at $475 I can get almost two TC5R's for one '009EU. Yes, please let me know how you like the offset holder. I will be running this in the 13.5 class and the tracks are going to be medium size/semi technical tracks. The surface will be on both carpet and asphalt with rubber tire setup. Also, the front spool is an optional item or is it included in the kit?
Old 07-08-2009, 12:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 80 (100%+)

Guys with the TCX chassis,

Please post your results. Let us know if the increased grip is there. I'm still kinda on the fence about it. I'm sure others are too.

--pakk
Old 07-08-2009, 12:35 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I have a little problem, my front belt is turning upside down (upper part teeth up) very often, any ideas why can this happen?
Old 07-08-2009, 01:24 PM
Tech Regular

Default TCX

I haven't really mess with mine all I did was balance the car and drive it arount my front yard just from driving around my front yard I can already tell there is a difference on the way it handles it's a more noticeable flex on the rear end and consistent flex on both sides. I will be racing the car this weekend at DHW here in san diego on a prepared asphalt track with low to medium grip. I will be running in a modified class since the class has a less traffic and it will give me more time learn how to drive the car.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.