Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree42Likes

Team Losi's Baja Rey Thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2016, 11:25 PM
Tech Rookie

Ok thanks for answering my that. Anyone happen to know what length shock fits in the rear secondary mounts? Thinking about getting a set of hot racing shocks with fake remote resis and should help with dampening if I run 45 in the stock shocks and maybe 30 in the 2nd shocks.
Old 09-10-2016, 08:53 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 143 (100%+)
Default RC BOMBSHELLS MONSTER BAJA REY

Here are some glory shots inside the scale garage at SKRD (SIK RIDES) in Las Vegas. This project was a perfect opportunity to show what RC BOMBSHELLS could put together with a fusion of paint, vinyl and matte finish on a scale build sure to please everyone. Don't ask me about the garage, It's awesome all hand built and that lift was a one-off thing the guys won't make another. #rcbombshells

Old 09-10-2016, 12:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 551 (100%+)

Awesome
Old 09-11-2016, 07:45 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Those Method bead locks look great. They are 2.2 wheels but have to be pushed out to clear the suspension. Looks like they would beat the body up with any real use.
Old 09-11-2016, 07:10 PM
Tech Apprentice

I picked up a cheap light bar and turnigy fan set for the motor. The light bar they had at the hobbystore was almost exactly the width of the support beams of the upper roll cage, that let me mount it right on. I took off the metal side supports and replaced them with a long piece of black HDPE cut to bolt onto the sides of the LED bar and both bolt holes of the upper cage. It's not going anywhere now, still fits the body fine, and is super flexible in case I crash it. Great!

It seemed like an associated XP light bar, but it didn't have any branding on the package. Still thinking about how I want to do the break lights.

Old 09-12-2016, 08:05 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

still wish there was enough people in my area to get a bunch of these on the track.
Stock with whatever electronics you want and just run them.
No special anything just race for fun.
Old 09-12-2016, 08:46 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by monsterbrad
still wish there was enough people in my area to get a bunch of these on the track.
Stock with whatever electronics you want and just run them.
No special anything just race for fun.
I'd be good just to see another one run in person anywhere. I've bought only one store sold.
Old 09-12-2016, 05:49 PM
Tech Apprentice

OK I was at work today so I was able to use the CNC machine. I fabricated a rear brake light bar out of a 3 LED board and some black HDP. I then cut and sanded the body to create an opening for it. The board is sandwiched between two plates with an in-depth cutout and a sheet of red tinted lexan. Pops right in, and like the other light bar it fastens to the chassis.

Old 09-12-2016, 09:10 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Billy Kelly
I'd be good just to see another one run in person anywhere. I've bought only one store sold.
I think people are turned off by the price. $450 up-front is hard to swallow; people would rather spend $200 on an RTR and $350 on upgrade parts.
Old 09-13-2016, 04:14 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fyrstormer
I think people are turned off by the price. $450 up-front is hard to swallow; people would rather spend $200 on an RTR and $350 on upgrade parts.

$450 up front and still needing upgrades is like buying a Slash. Problem is for the Baja Rey,the upgrades don't exist.
Old 09-13-2016, 05:51 AM
Tech Fanatic

That may be true about the up grade parts.
However running a truck for what it is can be just as fun as modding something.
Been at this for 20 years and I have had the most fun with stock stuff like the yeti trophy geared up a bit.. Hold the throttle down and watch it work.
These trucks are awesome replicas of the real thing.
Those of us crazy about CORR trucks can't get enough.
Old 09-13-2016, 06:08 PM
Tech Apprentice

$450 is actually a great price for this machine, most decent bashers are all around that price point.
Old 09-13-2016, 10:02 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by DEADWright
$450 up front and still needing upgrades is like buying a Slash. Problem is for the Baja Rey,the upgrades don't exist.
The only things that are actually deficient in the stock build are the undersized diff pinion bearings and plastic servo horn. Everything else works as intended. If you want a truck that jumps 20 feet and does a double-backflip before landing, that's a different issue.
Old 09-13-2016, 11:06 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by fyrstormer
The only things that are actually deficient in the stock build are the undersized diff pinion bearings and plastic servo horn.
The servo horn is the underlining to the weak servo. Can't expect much from a rtr servo. The bearing size is fine, the quality of the bearing is what sucks. I upgrade my pinion bearings and they have not been an issue at all.
Old 09-14-2016, 06:55 AM
Tech Fanatic

RTR bearings are always kinda iffy
you either get good ones or not.
The pinion bearings in this kind of set up take a huge amount of abuse.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.