TLR 22 3.0 Race Kit Thread!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree26Likes

TLR 22 3.0 Race Kit Thread!

Hide Wikipost
Old 08-23-2016, 10:37 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: TLR 22 3.0 Race Kit Thread!
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: Matt Trimmings
Cub86 posted the question: Hi. I'm struggling to understand the lay down situation. I run on high bite damp smooth clay and think the conversation would help on my surface but from what I'm reading I need to buy the lay down kit tlr338004. And the dirt gear case tlr332063. But do I really need both from what I've read the dirt case is 1-2mm higher anyway and u don't use the +3mm hubs or the front pivot hrc or Hrc mod. So is the dirt lay down kit tlr332063 is all that's needed to get me a lay down set up that's suited for clay With the components and car I already have. And if I only get the dirt case is there any problems that will need to be addressed IE.. bone plunge . I do know I'll need 1mm spacers on the waterfall to clear the battery. Thanks guys really trying to get my head around this.

Franks response:
Laydown Conversion will work great by itself. You run the aluminum +3mm hubs, the diff is +3.5mm, and you run the HRC front setup. Just follow a setup sheet from tlracing.com (Frank Root).

Dirt Tranny has the diff at the same height as the standard tranny case, and works with the standard plastic hubs. Both are +/- 0mm from stock. When you run this, no need to run the HRC front mod either.

I've found the stock laydown conversion parts to work great for most tracks. The dirt tranny is a great tuning option, but definitely not 'required'.

K.King
Something I made, pretty basic. Just to give people an idea.

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2017, 07:56 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by johnny44
Will these fit and work correctly with the 3.0?

**Can't post links yet** Found on A Main
lunsford-super-duty-tlr-22-2.0-titanium-turnbuckle-kit-w-ball-cups-6
I am using Lunsford titanium turnbuckles on my 3.0. The part number is LNS36009. They are in stock at AMain right now, they work great.
Old 01-05-2017, 08:52 PM
Tech Apprentice

Frank,

What happened to the Gen II Rear Hub Set (TLR234075)?

Originally, I thought they were supposed to come with both standard and +3mm axle composite bodies.

I was considering pre-ordering when I noticed the +3 bodies mysteriously disappeared from the product image?
(a google image search on the part number still shows both)https://www.google.com/search?q=TLR2..._AUIBygD&dpr=3

I was hoping to get the Gen II Hub set and use the +3mm axle composite hubs for my carpet 22 3.0. Please advise. Thanks
Old 01-06-2017, 07:57 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by StadiumRC
I am using Lunsford titanium turnbuckles on my 3.0. The part number is LNS36009. They are in stock at AMain right now, they work great.
I saw the lunsford TB's on AMain, but I'm wanting the ballcups with it. I've broken two tlr ballcups just trying to take them off the ballstuds.
Old 01-06-2017, 09:11 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Anyone put the Exotek laydown in an SR yet?
Old 01-06-2017, 09:47 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Will these fit and work correctly with the 3.0?

**Can't post links yet** Found on A Main
lunsford-super-duty-tlr-22-2.0-titanium-turnbuckle-kit-w-ball-cups-6
The 2.0 kits and 3.0 kits are slightly different. 3.0 uses all the same length (55mm, I think), and the 2.0 kit uses something like 2 x 56mm, 4 x 57mm. It should still work, but there may be adjustment combinations at the short end of the range that don't.
Old 01-06-2017, 10:13 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Davidka
The 2.0 kits and 3.0 kits are slightly different. 3.0 uses all the same length (55mm, I think), and the 2.0 kit uses something like 2 x 56mm, 4 x 57mm. It should still work, but there may be adjustment combinations at the short end of the range that don't.
Thank You Davidka.

After further research found that they are indeed different length TB's. I will just get the lunsford TB's and see if I can find other ballcups than the TLR ones.

I have read that the TLR ballcups are a pain to get on and off. In my experience they seem to be fairly brittle?
Old 01-06-2017, 10:15 AM
TLRacing

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DJPod
Frank,

What happened to the Gen II Rear Hub Set (TLR234075)?

Originally, I thought they were supposed to come with both standard and +3mm axle composite bodies.

I was considering pre-ordering when I noticed the +3 bodies mysteriously disappeared from the product image?

I was hoping to get the Gen II Hub set and use the +3mm axle composite hubs for my carpet 22 3.0. Please advise. Thanks
We had a fit issue with the +3mm, and couldn't hold up the standard hubs since they come with the SCT 3.0... so we revised the replacement part and price. +3mm hubs will be out in the first part of 2017, but not exact date yet.
Old 01-06-2017, 10:28 AM
Tech Regular

Thank You Davidka.

After further research found that they are indeed different length TB's. I will just get the lunsford TB's and see if I can find other ballcups than the TLR ones.

I have read that the TLR ballcups are a pain to get on and off. In my experience they seem to be fairly brittle?
I actually really like the TLR ball cups, I have removed mine a few times without any issues. I have a set of pliers that I modified (so the pliers don't tear up the cups) and I grab and twist up on the cup and they come right off.
Old 01-07-2017, 10:32 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by StadiumRC
I actually really like the TLR ball cups, I have removed mine a few times without any issues. I have a set of pliers that I modified (so the pliers don't tear up the cups) and I grab and twist up on the cup and they come right off.
My shock shaft pliers do this job too.
Old 01-07-2017, 11:00 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by F N CUDA
I modify my ballcups by punching a 2.5 or 3 mm hole in them. That way I can move ball studs or change shims without taking the cups off.
Old 01-07-2017, 12:59 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by F N CUDA
I was using regular pliers and a microfiber towel to avoid grinding up the ballcups. I'll try my shock shaft pliers.

Originally Posted by Callaway
I modify my ballcups by punching a 2.5 or 3 mm hole in them. That way I can move ball studs or change shims without taking the cups off.
Brilliant^^ I may give this a shot!

Thanks fellas
Old 01-07-2017, 01:02 PM
Tech Lord

I haven't ever had any real trouble with any of the newer TLR ball cups. The old white ones (XXX era) used to pop off a little too easily sometimes.
Old 01-07-2017, 07:18 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Question for y'all experts
I have the 3.0 SR and am 20g under weight. Some am looking for smart hop ups, Aluminum bits that may help performance or chassis stiffness so I can add functional weight.
Car runs awesome right now so changing anything makes me paranoid I'll lose that driving sweetness,lol. But gotta make weight.
Old 01-07-2017, 07:19 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Frank Root
We had a fit issue with the +3mm, and couldn't hold up the standard hubs since they come with the SCT 3.0... so we revised the replacement part and price. +3mm hubs will be out in the first part of 2017, but not exact date yet.
Thanks for the info.
Good to see quality control at work!
Looking forward to those +3mm composite hubs.
Old 01-07-2017, 07:52 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by LBR_Frank
Question for y'all experts
I have the 3.0 SR and am 20g under weight. Some am looking for smart hop ups, Aluminum bits that may help performance or chassis stiffness so I can add functional weight.
Car runs awesome right now so changing anything makes me paranoid I'll lose that driving sweetness,lol. But gotta make weight.
No need to over think it. Slap 3 (7gm/ea.) pieces of stick on weight where they won't change anything and run it! Spend the $$ on some tires.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.