Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree219Likes

Tekno RC SCT410.3 Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 09-05-2022, 08:19 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Tekno RC SCT410.3 Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: rustyus
Welcome to the SCT410.3 Wiki!

7.26.17 - BB
In order to run the recommended team setup, you need the following optional parts:
TKR6106 Orange LF Springs
TKR6114 Green LF Springs
TKR6018 composite shock caps (built to emulsion) OR TKR8702 Aluminum Emulsion Shock caps
TKR8027 Shock Stand Offs
TKR6051 8x1.3 pistons(drilled to 1.4mm)
TKR8104 .4 bellcranks
TKR8100 .4 ackerman
TKR5545B HRC Hubs
You also need the Aluminum C Block (others can stay composite)

What option parts should I consider buying with a new kit?
None are required but we recommend the following:

TKR5161 – V2 Adjustable Hinge Pin Brace “A” block, 7075 CNC, EB/NB/ET/NT/SCT) - Helps to improve durability on hard crashes.

TKR5163 – V2 Adjustable Hinge Pin Brace “C” block, 7075 CNC, EB/NB/ET/NT/SCT) - Helps to improve durability on hard crashes.

TKR5545B – HRC Rear Hubs (L/R, CV or uni, SCT.3/SL) - Improves stability of the rear on mid to corner exit. Allows harder acceleration on corner exit.

TKR6146 - CNC Delrin Shock Cartridge Set

TiNi Shock Shafts
-TKR6004T (front)
-TKR6017T (rear)

What spare parts should I keep on hand?
TKR5020 – Hinge Pins (inner, front/rear)
TKR5516 – Front Suspension Arms and TKR5515 – Rear Suspension Arms
TKR5542 – Spindle Carriers - TKR5541B Spindles
TKR6009 – Shock O-Ring and Bladder Set (for 2 shocks)

Tips and Tricks

List of Vehicle Setup Adjustments and Build Tips can be found here. There are several videos and articles detailing the building of shocks, diffs, camber links, etc.

Use steering stops/limiter washers... more info here.

Setup Sheets:
Setup sheets for all Tekno RC vehicles can be found here. Please be sure to try our recommended setup. It works very well on most tracks.

Hinge Pin Insert Chart:

Warranty Policy:
Tekno RC is the only company in the industry that will give 50% off of parts if returned to them using the General Warranty return policy found on their website. The parts can be lightly used or completely abused, as long as the part is still being produced it's covered!

Piston Drills:
Some of our setups recommend using pistons that are enlarged. For instance 4x1.9 or 3x2.0. To drill the pistons we recommend the following:
GMK Supply Piston Drill Set
16PC Metric Bit Set Metric Sizes 2.00 to 3.00 MM.

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2015, 04:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by HoldDaMayo
Why the 7955tg over the protek 130t? The protek is significantly faster and over 350oz torque? Also, the protek is a teeny bit cheaper? Protek 130t at 7.4v = .08 and 355oz for $89. The Protek 170s is kind of overkill @ .07 and 550oz @ $159.

Looking at bang for buck, the protek 100t is pretty amazing value at $49 and .14 and 215oz @ 6v.

I can't really attest to the toughness of the Protek servos, I do know that my 2 hitec 7955tg's I've ran for 60+ packs are tough as nails, major hits and tight servo savers and still tight and accurate. I guess that would be my biggest question on recommendation the Proteks, although I have good luck with Protek batteries and other items they brand.
I have a 100t, 130t, 130ss, and 150t and they're great. Super smooth and fast. Some protek stuff is overpriced IMO but the servos are a bargain for what you get. And amain has great customer service so help is easy to get if you have any problems.
Old 10-26-2015, 05:43 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Race results:
I qualified 9th in a field of 24 short course racers and finished 7th over-all in the triple A-main.
Not to bad for the old guy
Old 10-26-2015, 06:40 PM
Tech Rookie

You guys are awesome. Again, I appreciate all the feedback, I need all of it! I guess you could say I budgeted for a Tekin set up, I run primarily nitro, this is my first brushless racing venture. Ok, I did plan on a bec in my set up. And would prefer a higher voltage set up. That being said I will go with Protek 130t servo, it fits the budget fine, the specs are legit. I can toss the Hitec servo I already have into my daughters stock Revo, it can really use it! The Tekin pro4 HD 4300 set up would be 320, 350 with the Hotwire. Hobby wing I would go Xerun xr8 esc with Xerun 4700kv and programmer, would be right around 280. This is where we start to split hairs a bit more. Throw in a tower hobbies discount and we are off maybe 20$, in favor of hobby wing. General consensus also seems the hobby wing has a bit more power. Tekin and hobby wing seem to back their product with a bogus warranty. I'm a sales rep, I know how it works! So who gets more mileage for their dollar from these two companies? It will likely come down to thanksgiving sales that decide my fate. Tower is upping the discounts at the moment, but my bonus won't hit for 2 more weeks. If tower drops their drawers a bit more, it will be team Tekin, hobby wing has my curiosity and my attention at this point! Thanks to all!
Old 10-26-2015, 07:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Every time I try the HW ESCs I go back to the Tekin RX8 (now Gen2), though I haven't tried the XR8 as it is a bit big for the Tekno vehicles once you get to the full size stuff and I like having all of them match. The HW motors are very good though (as are Tekin motors). A 3rd option to consider for motor is the SMC. I've run and liked all 3 motors.
Old 10-26-2015, 08:09 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Many seem to be against Castle but they have started a sale today, I believe it's 27% off if I remeber correctly. I'm running a tekin gen2 4300 set up that came with a sct410 I got from a guy on here and my son is running a 1415 2400 castle set up and he hangs with the old guys pretty darn good and he is only 6.

The tekin is prettier, and the programming on the esc with the button for on the fly changes is cool but for the cost to me it doesn't make sense. Others will add that the tekin is smoother but let's get realistic we aren't crawling with these things to continuously feel the smoothness all the time. I can swap between the two sct410's and they both haul butt and are consistent, the nice thing about the castle stuff is that I can hose the trucks off at the end of the day, spray the snot out of them with silicone spray and place them upside down on the 36" shop fan on hi that I point to the ceiling to dry them out.
Old 10-26-2015, 08:45 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by mizunoriverside
I know its a bit late bit I stuck with the light oil. I disliked the composite cross-pins in my diffs, the wheels hexes which I broke and the handling was set-up for high traction tracks. I actually increased my spring +2 in the rear, put 3 x 1.4 pistons and increased my oil to AE 40. I then decreased my front oil by -5, stood the front shocks more up-right and left the stock spring on it. I also added 55 grams of weight in the right rear of the truck to make it 50/50 side/side balanced. I have video of my build and video of me running it and it is good. I will say though, I have 3 other SCT410's and an Eb48.2 and the SCT410 I built for me already had the lightened out-drives, lightened screws, lightened F/C drive, Carbon fiber shock towers, lightened mod chassis and I still like it better than the .3 too. They are close it lap times at my track in my yard which is 80% clay and very consistent with 20+ foot double.

One set-up that might help is put the rear sway-bar in the front and vise-versa. Also, try setting the rear up with 3.5* of toe in and 2.5 anti-squat. Last, 2.5 turns of front droop from tight and 3.5 in the rear.

I have a set-up sent to my by a pro from PA that I will post upon request. I'm just not sure how to post it right now so you may have to look at my face book page. GL
Hello.. could i get your set up.. im running indoor high grip clay. Sct410.3 .. diffs are 10_5-3 oil 35 30
Old 10-28-2015, 04:27 AM
Tech Adept

You can measure your droop in turns... But its better to measure the distance between shock mounts. A smooth indoor track you'll want less droop than 2-3 turns.

Try 105 front & 120 rear. (It's more like 5 turns out from tight.)
You want your suspension even & balanced. So having them adjusted the same is important.
Old 10-28-2015, 04:58 AM

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rob4607
Many seem to be against Castle but they have started a sale today, I believe it's 27% off if I remeber correctly. I'm running a tekin gen2 4300 set up that came with a sct410 I got from a guy on here and my son is running a 1415 2400 castle set up and he hangs with the old guys pretty darn good and he is only 6.

The tekin is prettier, and the programming on the esc with the button for on the fly changes is cool but for the cost to me it doesn't make sense. Others will add that the tekin is smoother but let's get realistic we aren't crawling with these things to continuously feel the smoothness all the time. I can swap between the two sct410's and they both haul butt and are consistent, the nice thing about the castle stuff is that I can hose the trucks off at the end of the day, spray the snot out of them with silicone spray and place them upside down on the 36" shop fan on hi that I point to the ceiling to dry them out.
First of all, I'm not trying to be a jerk about this. For folks who have been racing fairly seriously for a while there is definitely a difference between low dollar ESC's and some of the higher end stuff and a HUGE difference between sensored and sensorless. And I don't race on anything that will require hosing down my vehicles. I know its offroad but the most I'm typically going to need is a brush and an air compressor.

Now if you are bashing...that's a totally different story!
Old 10-28-2015, 05:25 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Billthebutcher
You guys are awesome. Again, I appreciate all the feedback, I need all of it! I guess you could say I budgeted for a Tekin set up, I run primarily nitro, this is my first brushless racing venture. Ok, I did plan on a bec in my set up. And would prefer a higher voltage set up. That being said I will go with Protek 130t servo, it fits the budget fine, the specs are legit. I can toss the Hitec servo I already have into my daughters stock Revo, it can really use it! The Tekin pro4 HD 4300 set up would be 320, 350 with the Hotwire. Hobby wing I would go Xerun xr8 esc with Xerun 4700kv and programmer, would be right around 280. This is where we start to split hairs a bit more. Throw in a tower hobbies discount and we are off maybe 20$, in favor of hobby wing. General consensus also seems the hobby wing has a bit more power. Tekin and hobby wing seem to back their product with a bogus warranty. I'm a sales rep, I know how it works! So who gets more mileage for their dollar from these two companies? It will likely come down to thanksgiving sales that decide my fate. Tower is upping the discounts at the moment, but my bonus won't hit for 2 more weeks. If tower drops their drawers a bit more, it will be team Tekin, hobby wing has my curiosity and my attention at this point! Thanks to all!
While I still personally prefer the HW stuff for price and performance reasons, Tekin is very known to have an excellent customer support and warranty. Nothing bogus with that. I feel like that is the only feature they have that semi justifies their prices from many stories of various folks that made a claim on an issue.
Hobbywing PR is practically nonexistent on the forums, but if you directly contact them with a service ticket through their north american distributor, they are said to be good. On the flipside, I have never had to bother with contacting them however, as their stuff has worked very well without issue for me. The only time I ever had issues with anything it was their ESC.
But it was completely my fault. I accidentally shorted the on/off switch wire by stripping it somehow. Even though that happened and the ESC locked out I was able to rewire it and it worked as good as new again.

Originally Posted by justpoet
Every time I try the HW ESCs I go back to the Tekin RX8 (now Gen2), though I haven't tried the XR8 as it is a bit big for the Tekno vehicles once you get to the full size stuff and I like having all of them match. The HW motors are very good though (as are Tekin motors). A 3rd option to consider for motor is the SMC. I've run and liked all 3 motors.
I have heard that the programming of the RX8 G2 is very good. Even has definable curve settings. The down side to this feature is the fact you have to hook it up to reprogram that feature. On the track, that is a pain in the a$$.
I feel if you have a good enough radio such as a 4PX or M12, many of the features aren't really needed. For example, if I want to rid my setup of any cogging or smooth out the powerband on the fly, I can just program the radio to have an S curve EXPO and/or delays within the throttle draw and leave a high punch setting on the ESC at all times. The S curve EXPO eliminates the over revving and high current surge generally associated with high punch, yet I still get plenty of initial power input to the motor for reduced cog.
With that being said, I can't think of one reason the Tekin is worth the money that could be spent on a better radio to remedy any ESC in such ways.
The new XR8 also eliminated the low BEC voltage issue the SCT-Pro was plagued with and adds a load of other features. The HW LCD field programmer is also much more convenient that a hotwire.

Anyhow I can't personally speak with ownership experience, but I have heard nothing but good about the SMC motors also. Seems like you can't go wrong with either those or the HW XERUN series.
Old 10-28-2015, 09:09 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Hotwire works through my cell phone, not too difficult at the track at all.
Old 10-28-2015, 09:18 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by HoldDaMayo
Hotwire works through my cell phone, not too difficult at the track at all.
Agreed, 2 things I always have with me at the track. (hotwire & cell/tablet) Much easier than trying to remember a programming box, which I have forgotten a couple times.
Old 10-28-2015, 09:51 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

if any of you guys need a starting point for carpet, I still have my old setup sheet from the V1. may provide a point to start with schumacher mini pins (yellows) on ozite. PM me your email address.
Old 10-28-2015, 10:18 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Cain
if any of you guys need a starting point for carpet, I still have my old setup sheet from the V1. may provide a point to start with schumacher mini pins (yellows) on ozite. PM me your email address.
Same one you gave me before?
Old 10-28-2015, 03:46 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Going to build a 410.3

I've dabbled with nitro a bit but I want to build a truck and possibly race next year at local track, with that being said let me know if I am on the right path. My plans are to use the HW SCT pro ESC and 4700kv combo, protek 150T servo. Suggestions for a battery and charger would be good. Planning on using futaba 3pl and r2004gf RX would this work or should I upgrade to so ething else. Thanks for any info.
Old 10-28-2015, 04:28 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by theo551
I've dabbled with nitro a bit but I want to build a truck and possibly race next year at local track, with that being said let me know if I am on the right path. My plans are to use the HW SCT pro ESC and 4700kv combo, protek 150T servo. Suggestions for a battery and charger would be good. Planning on using futaba 3pl and r2004gf RX would this work or should I upgrade to so ething else. Thanks for any info.
that would work, that servo is kind of overkill, the 130ss would be good as wel, but either way, the servo would do an excellent job. Radio can be upgraded at any point, no reason to upgrade it right away if that's what you've got.

The power/ESC is good.

Battery/Charger: There are plenty of good options, but my personal recommendation is:

Power Supply: 47A @ 12v - under 50 dollars shipped, I've been using mine for almost a year now, travel with it and use it out in the dust all day... works like a champ. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Power-Supply...MAAOxyOMdS5YJz

Charger: Turnigy Mega 400W x 2 - 20A x 2 - can charge 2 packs at the same time at 20A each. I've been using this charger for almost a year as well, works amazing, i don't even keep it in a case, just throw it in my bin of stuff and it's a champ out in the heat and the dust.http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...arehouse_.html

Batteries: Vant 6500mah 2S lipo, they make a 75C and a 100C version, they are both awesome, i'm using the 2s and 4s packs from vant, they'll replace your battery if it fails in less than 6 months and if it fails at any point in the life of the battery, they'll give you 50% towards the purchase of a new battery. Only 45-55 dollars depending on model. http://thebarnfloor.com/catalog/prod...9#.VjFZ1_mrSUk

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.