Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree219Likes

Tekno RC SCT410.3 Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 09-05-2022, 08:19 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Tekno RC SCT410.3 Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: rustyus
Welcome to the SCT410.3 Wiki!

7.26.17 - BB
In order to run the recommended team setup, you need the following optional parts:
TKR6106 Orange LF Springs
TKR6114 Green LF Springs
TKR6018 composite shock caps (built to emulsion) OR TKR8702 Aluminum Emulsion Shock caps
TKR8027 Shock Stand Offs
TKR6051 8x1.3 pistons(drilled to 1.4mm)
TKR8104 .4 bellcranks
TKR8100 .4 ackerman
TKR5545B HRC Hubs
You also need the Aluminum C Block (others can stay composite)

What option parts should I consider buying with a new kit?
None are required but we recommend the following:

TKR5161 – V2 Adjustable Hinge Pin Brace “A” block, 7075 CNC, EB/NB/ET/NT/SCT) - Helps to improve durability on hard crashes.

TKR5163 – V2 Adjustable Hinge Pin Brace “C” block, 7075 CNC, EB/NB/ET/NT/SCT) - Helps to improve durability on hard crashes.

TKR5545B – HRC Rear Hubs (L/R, CV or uni, SCT.3/SL) - Improves stability of the rear on mid to corner exit. Allows harder acceleration on corner exit.

TKR6146 - CNC Delrin Shock Cartridge Set

TiNi Shock Shafts
-TKR6004T (front)
-TKR6017T (rear)

What spare parts should I keep on hand?
TKR5020 – Hinge Pins (inner, front/rear)
TKR5516 – Front Suspension Arms and TKR5515 – Rear Suspension Arms
TKR5542 – Spindle Carriers - TKR5541B Spindles
TKR6009 – Shock O-Ring and Bladder Set (for 2 shocks)

Tips and Tricks

List of Vehicle Setup Adjustments and Build Tips can be found here. There are several videos and articles detailing the building of shocks, diffs, camber links, etc.

Use steering stops/limiter washers... more info here.

Setup Sheets:
Setup sheets for all Tekno RC vehicles can be found here. Please be sure to try our recommended setup. It works very well on most tracks.

Hinge Pin Insert Chart:

Warranty Policy:
Tekno RC is the only company in the industry that will give 50% off of parts if returned to them using the General Warranty return policy found on their website. The parts can be lightly used or completely abused, as long as the part is still being produced it's covered!

Piston Drills:
Some of our setups recommend using pistons that are enlarged. For instance 4x1.9 or 3x2.0. To drill the pistons we recommend the following:
GMK Supply Piston Drill Set
16PC Metric Bit Set Metric Sizes 2.00 to 3.00 MM.

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2017, 09:10 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

good stuff. I didn't get a chance to sit down setup my daughters vehicle with the equivalent setup of the new starting one, with some carpet changes but may give that a look. She's in the sportsman class and is 6 so it won't matter too much to use her truck as the guinea pig.
Old 02-09-2017, 12:27 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hoyt1967
Thats pretty cool, always been a fan of that vintage Ford's. How do the rear body posts match up? I cant see them in the photos. I'd be interested in trying this body if the posts are in a place that work well for clips.
Yeah I am a big fan of fords to!
I bought this body to try because it closely resembles my real truck as much as I could find for short course

And I didn't even realize I hadn't cut the rear post holes in that pic till you said something.
Here are where they are for the losi I run this one on. But the Tekno would be roughly the same.

Here is another ford body I raced the crap out of!
But they don't take to many top hits or they split between the bed and cab. But it could be reinforced and would probably hold up a lot longer

Old 02-11-2017, 12:45 PM
Tech Addict

Any of you guys running the VRP pistons? I was suggested to run the 5 hole 1.5 pistons with 25 weight oil. Anyone running anything like that on here?
Old 02-13-2017, 03:38 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by JoeRC123
This is what the fastest guy at our track runs in his. I'm running it too and turning is not an issue. It's a 105 by 50 foot layout. Packed groomed dirt. Lots of turns and junps.

http://tracksideraceway.com/
Who exactly is running that at trackside?? That 15,15,10K for diffs sounds ridiculous
Old 02-13-2017, 03:39 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by whttrsh89
Who exactly is running that at trackside?? That 15,15,10K for diffs sounds ridiculous
Is it in a Tekno 410.3?
Old 02-13-2017, 05:57 AM

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Josh L
Any of you guys running the VRP pistons? I was suggested to run the 5 hole 1.5 pistons with 25 weight oil. Anyone running anything like that on here?
My son is running 6 x 1.5 VRP's on his .3 with 37.5F and 32.5R. He just got the .3 not too long ago and it isn't perfect on our indoor med/high grip clay track yet. Part of it might be shock package but I think more of it is roll center adjustment than anything else.
Old 02-16-2017, 03:39 AM
Tech Addict

So.... Just to kick up some topic on this thread, what do you guys think about a new 410.4?
What are some of the things you guys might like to see updated?

Personally I would like to see a lot of the plastics on the chassis minimized to save weight and give more options on ESC placement.
A movable battery tray wouldn't be a bad idea either, or even just ditch the velcro. I am biased on that one due to owning a losi as well. Love the screw down battery strap setups in comparison.
I'd also like to see one of these built with a lay down servo, similar to what a lot of manufacturers do with 2wd chassis's.

Maybe they should just call it the 411 if it's real good!
Old 02-16-2017, 09:27 AM
Tech Legend

looking into some piston options, one thing I noticed from around mid october was a discussion about the TKR6159 4 x 1.8 pistons

The tracks here can get rough, with big 1/8 jumps for a particular track. Seeing as the different hold sizes versus hole count assuming same static pack appear to determine where the shock packs up when in motion, i was wondering when is it good to use say a larger hole but less hole piston versus same static pack small hole but more holes piston?

And in general, how much oil change do you compensate with from going one way or the other (say, same static pack, but go 4 holes versus 8, So 100CST diff, or more, etc)
Old 02-16-2017, 06:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

was looking into .3 its 2 years old already, I know a .4 is in the works, soo ill hang back on that, if I have to wait till next season np, I don't get out that much, I have a sct 2.0 never raced, hooked it up dialed it in 3 practice sessions and it sits, I plan on running that new 1/8 nitro buggy for sure this season, LOOKS NICE, anyone know when they plan on dropping the .4?
Old 02-16-2017, 07:26 PM
Tech Legend

nope no word
Old 02-18-2017, 04:30 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Cain
nope no word
I hear not until after they drop the 1/10 buggy, which is later on this year. Many are saying not to expect it till near or early 2018 on a few of the Tekno groups I am involved in on facebook. Generally those sources seem credible from my experience.

I just hope the new SCT they eventually drop will have a better out of the box tune setup for the recent electronic trends going on. IE. Larger batteries and heavier servos, etc.
In my opinion one of the largest Achilles heels for the platform is how bad the balance is in stock form on the 410.3 out of the box. Its nose heavy and motor side heavy as well. Putting the ESC behind the battery seems to be the best fix for this so far, but you have to modify the plastics, which is something else the needs to be addressed.

I have seen a load of 410.3s lately that are stripped down hard core.

Here is one from one of my FB groups. He runs this truck as a 2WD, hence why the ESC is still up front, but his 4x4 isn't much different in appearance other than the ESC is behind the battery.
This 2WD setup is said to weigh in the low 5 pound range running a shorty pack.

Old 02-19-2017, 07:55 AM
Tech Legend

yeah a guy here, one of the faster one runs the ESC on the battery side behind the battery. Be curious to see how that performs outdoors in lower traction conditions.
Old 02-19-2017, 08:18 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

New set-up up-date...
As noted previously I switched to the new set-up and found it really works great on our high traction hard packed track here in Dallas.
Last week we went to a track in OK which has a compacted loose red dirt that will rut up and get fluffy in the corners... real off road racing.
Happy to report that the truck handled great. I tried holeshots the first qualifier and switched to blockades in my second qualifier. Managed to qualify in the 3 spot for the main... track was getting more blown out and with the schedule running the nitro guys before us it was going to be hammered..fun fun fun.
Unfortunately I had to leave before my main so that ends my report.
I will note that I had freshened up my shocks and cleaned them the week before (cracked the pre-loads down a ways so I could clean out the excess oil from bleeding) and realized after my second qual that I forget to reset my ride height.... ooops. Discovered it was up near 30 where as I normally would run at 25....

Friday night club racing at our local track... new blockades and correct ride height... truck was on rails around the track. Ran new holeshots during practice and truck handled insanely awesome.. love those tires but our track eats them up so I will save them for a time I need bring out the 'awesome'.
Back to Friday... only one other regular open fwd person showed up, so the race director dumped us into the slash/beginner 4wd class... so we got to bob and weave thru moving obstacles... had a blast.
Old 02-21-2017, 06:09 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Cain
Cool. Starting with the right tires is probably the biggest part to your setup. If you don't have that you can be chasing your setup all the time.

I'll be confirming what steering stop settings are present to here as not sure they are being used.
Finally!!!! Got to the track and made some major adjustments....Carbon fiber Front and rear shock towers, updated front bumper, Diffs are 7K, 10K, 5K and i am running brand new Dboot Terabytes on DE wheels with proline foams,and have 4 washers on the steering stops....and i am STILL traction rolling coming hard into a turn..on carpet....my shock collars are as low as they can go in the front, and 4.0mm from the top...ride height is at 21....yellow springs in the front...stock box springs in the front....getting very very frustrated.......im running on carpet so i assume thats a high traction track....any and all help is welcomed....
Old 02-21-2017, 08:32 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

any word on the sct410.4?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.