Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree219Likes

Tekno RC SCT410.3 Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 09-05-2022, 08:19 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Tekno RC SCT410.3 Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: rustyus
Welcome to the SCT410.3 Wiki!

7.26.17 - BB
In order to run the recommended team setup, you need the following optional parts:
TKR6106 Orange LF Springs
TKR6114 Green LF Springs
TKR6018 composite shock caps (built to emulsion) OR TKR8702 Aluminum Emulsion Shock caps
TKR8027 Shock Stand Offs
TKR6051 8x1.3 pistons(drilled to 1.4mm)
TKR8104 .4 bellcranks
TKR8100 .4 ackerman
TKR5545B HRC Hubs
You also need the Aluminum C Block (others can stay composite)

What option parts should I consider buying with a new kit?
None are required but we recommend the following:

TKR5161 – V2 Adjustable Hinge Pin Brace “A” block, 7075 CNC, EB/NB/ET/NT/SCT) - Helps to improve durability on hard crashes.

TKR5163 – V2 Adjustable Hinge Pin Brace “C” block, 7075 CNC, EB/NB/ET/NT/SCT) - Helps to improve durability on hard crashes.

TKR5545B – HRC Rear Hubs (L/R, CV or uni, SCT.3/SL) - Improves stability of the rear on mid to corner exit. Allows harder acceleration on corner exit.

TKR6146 - CNC Delrin Shock Cartridge Set

TiNi Shock Shafts
-TKR6004T (front)
-TKR6017T (rear)

What spare parts should I keep on hand?
TKR5020 – Hinge Pins (inner, front/rear)
TKR5516 – Front Suspension Arms and TKR5515 – Rear Suspension Arms
TKR5542 – Spindle Carriers - TKR5541B Spindles
TKR6009 – Shock O-Ring and Bladder Set (for 2 shocks)

Tips and Tricks

List of Vehicle Setup Adjustments and Build Tips can be found here. There are several videos and articles detailing the building of shocks, diffs, camber links, etc.

Use steering stops/limiter washers... more info here.

Setup Sheets:
Setup sheets for all Tekno RC vehicles can be found here. Please be sure to try our recommended setup. It works very well on most tracks.

Hinge Pin Insert Chart:

Warranty Policy:
Tekno RC is the only company in the industry that will give 50% off of parts if returned to them using the General Warranty return policy found on their website. The parts can be lightly used or completely abused, as long as the part is still being produced it's covered!

Piston Drills:
Some of our setups recommend using pistons that are enlarged. For instance 4x1.9 or 3x2.0. To drill the pistons we recommend the following:
GMK Supply Piston Drill Set
16PC Metric Bit Set Metric Sizes 2.00 to 3.00 MM.

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2016, 06:46 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default carpet racing?

Anyone seeing any indoor carpet racing with these heavier SC's?
Old 03-13-2016, 08:17 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Cuebulon
What buggy body do you use ken?
Used both the OEM and JC Concepts Finnisher.

Prefer the JC body because it is taller and should cool better.
Old 03-13-2016, 08:33 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fidelity101
Thank you. Do you have a link to the specific type you're talking about. I purchased these a while ago and still have a few left, but I'll have to buy more if I'm going to redo all of my batteries for the SCT.

http://www.motionrc.com/ec5-connectors-pair/

appear to be the same as these

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...e_Female_.html

These seem to be the best option:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/5-Pair-EC5-B...QAAOSwmUdUXHh9
Last batch of hobbyking ones I tried were garbage. None of the pins would press into the connectors even with a hammer.

Invest in the original ones. They are worth it.
Old 03-13-2016, 11:43 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

Originally Posted by justpoet
As for connectors, we pull silly amps through these things because of the 2s limit, which creates heat much faster. I would avoid the XT60s for this application. While great connectors, the XT90s or EC5s are a much better fit.

Many higher end pro drivers also still use Traxxas connectors, because they hold up well and handle the loads pretty well too.
I switched from Deans to Traxxas plugs years ago and have been very happy with them. Used them in my first gen SCT410 as well. Went to the bullets soldered on the esc wires for my 10th scale 2wd stuff but staying with plugs for my sc. Ended up going with the XT90 plugs, so nice to see your endorsement of them.
Old 03-13-2016, 12:54 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

My Tekin RS8 Gen 2 (that's now dead) came installed on the vehicle already as I purchased it from someone on this forum. I was told the ESC was in like new condition and the top looked perfect upon arrival so I never bothered to look any closer. In fact, the entire Tekno SCT410.3 looked like it was almost fresh out of the box so I was very excited about the deal.

But now it looks like I'm screwed. There is no way Tekin is going to look at this ESC and say it's new. The case has been opened and then CA'd back together. The 4 screws on the bottom have been stripped and pressed together. I'm guessing it's going to be $120ish to repair???
Attached Thumbnails Tekno RC SCT410.3 Thread-img_1630.jpg   Tekno RC SCT410.3 Thread-img_1631.jpg  
Old 03-13-2016, 01:14 PM
Tech Master

fidelity, that esc definitely was abused by someone. By no means "like new condition" and the seller should compensate you for feeding you a line of crap. That's a shame and I wish you luck fixing your situation.
Old 03-13-2016, 01:19 PM
Tech Regular

Thank you for the information and kind words. I always try to give people the benefit of the doubt so I hope he returns my text messages in the next day or two. I bought it from him in January 2016. Either way, I'm optimistic that Tekin will get me up and running again and I really hope it's going to be under the $100 mark. It's going out USPS Priority mail tomorrow so I'll report back on what they're able to do for me.
Old 03-13-2016, 01:34 PM
Tech Master

Keep us posted bud. An honest seller will by no means avoid contact from a buyer so good luck. I had a RX8 in my old Tekno but switched to a Viper VTX8 to take advantage of their program box and it's an awesome esc. Now that Viper is no more as a company I have to consider other options for my Tekno in the event that my VTX8 dies. Must say the new Hobbywing looks great with an amazing bec
Old 03-13-2016, 04:22 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Thanks guys. I think I'm going to go with 5mm Gold Plated bullets and cut them to length so I can't accidentally short them out. Thanks for the thought shanondink. It works well on my TLR 22SCT 2.0 but the leads are extremely short. For some reason, I didn't even think about doing that with my Tekno SCT410.

I'll have to work on it when the RX8 comes back from repair. Hopefully it doesn't cost more than $100 to repair the internal BEC.
I blew one rx8 gen2 and it cost me about 130 shipped for a new one thru tekin. Seems like the cost was on the return form.
Old 03-13-2016, 05:21 PM
Tech Regular

The shipping costs are there as well as "Minimum Repair Cost" and replacement costs. But since I have no idea whats wrong, the case is cracked and CA'd together and the screws are fubard...I'm not optimistic. Hopefully it's just the cost of a new case and a replacement BEC as the ESC portion still works.
Old 03-13-2016, 05:59 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

The shipping costs are there as well as "Minimum Repair Cost" and replacement costs. But since I have no idea whats wrong, the case is cracked and CA'd together and the screws are fubard...I'm not optimistic. Hopefully it's just the cost of a new case and a replacement BEC as the ESC portion still works.
Just bypass the BEC all together with an external unit, like a castle adjustable 10amp BEC.
Then you don't need to run anything but the signal wire from the ESC's BEC.

Those RX8's are notorious for burning out on 2S systems. Once again I believe this is because of the lack of enough caps on the input side.
I don't mean to brand bash in saying this, but I would not even consider running Tekin stuff till they get their stuff working like it should.
For the money, I cannot believe the junk they ship out.

I was heckled for buying hobbywing stuff back when I first got into the SCT racing scene, and honestly they are by far a superior set than the Tekin stuff.
I run cooler by a good bit and never have problems, while I watch those $200 ESC and expensive motors go up in smoke on a regular basis, yet people keep on buying it...
I am all about an American company, but I can't support over priced equipment that only has a good warranty going for it, when I can get a set for half the price that performs just as well and never actually needs any customer service. Just my two cents.
Old 03-13-2016, 06:05 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by KenPosney
Used both the OEM and JC Concepts Finnisher.

Prefer the JC body because it is taller and should cool better.
8th scale correct?
Old 03-13-2016, 06:58 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Josh L
Just bypass the BEC all together with an external unit, like a castle adjustable 10amp BEC.
Then you don't need to run anything but the signal wire from the ESC's BEC.

Those RX8's are notorious for burning out on 2S systems. Once again I believe this is because of the lack of enough caps on the input side.
I don't mean to brand bash in saying this, but I would not even consider running Tekin stuff till they get their stuff working like it should.
For the money, I cannot believe the junk they ship out.

I was heckled for buying hobbywing stuff back when I first got into the SCT racing scene, and honestly they are by far a superior set than the Tekin stuff.
I run cooler by a good bit and never have problems, while I watch those $200 ESC and expensive motors go up in smoke on a regular basis, yet people keep on buying it...
I am all about an American company, but I can't support over priced equipment that only has a good warranty going for it, when I can get a set for half the price that performs just as well and never actually needs any customer service. Just my two cents.
Interesting...I've been running tekin rx8 gen 1 and 2 on 2s and 4s with zero issues. The gen2 is over 2 years old now.
Old 03-14-2016, 12:37 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 4s losi
Interesting...I've been running tekin rx8 gen 1 and 2 on 2s and 4s with zero issues. The gen2 is over 2 years old now.
Same. My wife and I each run them in our SCT410's and I also run it in my eBuggy Lite, all 3 on 2s. I also run 4s in our full eBuggies and my eTruggy on it without issue. I've tried the other brands and I keep switching back to Tekin so far.
Old 03-14-2016, 02:22 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Hey - went to put my Spektrum S6290 in my 410.3 and it won't slide into the servo box. Are you guys just cutting the box off the back side to make 1/8th scale servos fit or

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.