Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree29Likes

Mugen MBX7R Eco thread!

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2015, 02:21 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Can any one tell me what I need to do to stop my buggy spining out when i go in and our corners and when i pull trigger out the corners any tips

Last edited by coombes; 04-12-2015 at 03:07 PM.
Old 04-12-2015, 04:40 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 105 (100%+)

Originally Posted by coombes
Can any one tell me what I need to do to stop my buggy shining out when i go in and our corners and when i pull trigger out the corners any tips
are you running the stock setup? if you are running it stock,it should be good at most tracks. is your ride height Correct? good Tires?
Old 04-12-2015, 06:29 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 52 (96%+)

[QUOTE=coombes;13955603]Can any one tell me what I need to do to stop my buggy shining out when i go in and our corners and when i pull trigger out the corners any tips[/QUOTE
Decrease the camber up front and rear. Go to softer rear springs. Smoother, less aggressive throttle control will also help.
Old 04-12-2015, 07:24 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jjahn
Is out normal for the steering to somewhat bind and have limited range at full droop? I have mine built to factory setup. I noticed the steering isn't very free, I'm just pushing the linkages with my hand. If I try to go full lock right or left it gets considerably harder and actually pulls up on the arm. If I compress the suspension it becomes free and easily moves.
Mine does the same thing. I haven't had time to mess with it, but i think it's just bump steer that need worked on. When driving Ive noticed i loose steering. Its all relative to where the suspension is while in motion. If i can get a tiny bit more steering this thing will be dialed. Its good now, I just need a little more.
Having come from Tekno. This is a good platform that has great potential. More planted for sure, but I do think it can settle as good as tekno can. When you get into trouble, it take a little long before you can hammer home
Old 04-12-2015, 08:10 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Dont Hack Me
Mine does the same thing. I haven't had time to mess with it, but i think it's just bump steer that need worked on. When driving Ive noticed i loose steering. Its all relative to where the suspension is while in motion. If i can get a tiny bit more steering this thing will be dialed. Its good now, I just need a little more.
Having come from Tekno. This is a good platform that has great potential. More planted for sure, but I do think it can settle as good as tekno can. When you get into trouble, it take a little long before you can hammer home
I went back through with my calipers and had some adjustments to make. Somehow my droop was off by a mm or 2 on both arms. The result of building at 230 am I suppose. Got them both at 103mm and still had the problem only not as pronounced. Then I checked the steering linkages which are supposed to be 26mm (not sure what you call this measurement, but it's 26 mm gap between the of linkage showing). Mine measured 25.86 and 25.67. I set these to 26mm and blam it's fixed. Steering smooth lock to lock at full droop!
Old 04-12-2015, 08:21 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 140 (100%+)

I went back through with my calipers and had some adjustments to make. Somehow my droop was off by a mm or 2 on both arms. The result of building at 230 am I suppose. Got them both at 103mm and still had the problem only not as pronounced. Then I checked the steering linkages which are supposed to be 26mm (not sure what you call this measurement, but it's 26 mm gap between the of linkage showing). Mine measured 25.86 and 25.67. I set these to 26mm and blam it's fixed. Steering smooth lock to lock at full droop!
If you're setting your EPA based at full droop you're losing a fair amount of steering. Take the wheels off and set the car on a hard surface (you can even take front shocks off for more accuracy). Now set your EPA based on full lock to lock. At full droop the pillow ball suspension limits steering.
Old 04-12-2015, 08:34 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by timannnn6
If you're setting your EPA based at full droop you're losing a fair amount of steering. Take the wheels off and set the car on a hard surface (you can even take front shocks off for more accuracy). Now set your EPA based on full lock to lock. At full droop the pillow ball suspension limits steering.
That's not what I was doing, but definitely a good point. It was something I noticed, that the steering was binding at full droop, but it was a setup issue on my end.

Hopefully plan to get it up and running today and finish all the initial setup.
Old 04-12-2015, 09:08 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I'm getting my mbx7r in a few days, will be running the sidewinder and 2200kv combo, couldn't pass up the current deal on it. Planning on SMC 6500mah 4s batteries.

What gearing would you recommend? I'll be driving a medium track, one straight that is about 200', one sweeper about half that long, and otherwise short and technical. Reasonable outdoor surface.

Can't wait to get this thing. Only my second buggy, first was an 8ight 2.0 nitro which I really enjoyed but I always had trouble with how twitchy the steering on it is. Also looking forward to only needing to charge batteries for race day...
Old 04-12-2015, 12:18 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by mdchris
I'm getting my mbx7r in a few days, will be running the sidewinder and 2200kv combo, couldn't pass up the current deal on it. Planning on SMC 6500mah 4s batteries.

What gearing would you recommend? I'll be driving a medium track, one straight that is about 200', one sweeper about half that long, and otherwise short and technical. Reasonable outdoor surface.

Can't wait to get this thing. Only my second buggy, first was an 8ight 2.0 nitro which I really enjoyed but I always had trouble with how twitchy the steering on it is. Also looking forward to only needing to charge batteries for race day...
Probably the 14T gear it comes with would be a good starting point with the 2200KV. I have a 1900KV motor and I am currently running a 16T pinion. I am going to put the 17T pinion on this week just to see what it does.
Old 04-12-2015, 05:40 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Al_T
Probably the 14T gear it comes with would be a good starting point with the 2200KV. I have a 1900KV motor and I am currently running a 16T pinion. I am going to put the 17T pinion on this week just to see what it does.
So what pinion is everybody running with 1900kv.
Old 04-12-2015, 05:57 PM
Tech Elite

I run a 15/46 with the smc 1900 and the tekin 1900(no timing)...drake runs something different,he runs the 44 with clutch setup... gear for temps,start with the 14t and see where temps are after 6-7mins of hard driving
Old 04-12-2015, 06:20 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by coombes
Can any one tell me what I need to do to stop my buggy spining out when i go in and our corners and when i pull trigger out the corners any tips
also whats in the rear diff? are you at 4k or higher? are you running indoor out door? give us more info on your setup and track conditions
Old 04-12-2015, 07:46 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by hairymuffin
also whats in the rear diff? are you at 4k or higher? are you running indoor out door? give us more info on your setup and track conditions
Outdoor probably medium-large, med to high bite. Also indoor small high bite. I ran it outside in the yard fairly tall grass with stock pinion mainly ripped back and forth, temps were good esc stayed cool too, it did deem a little slow with stock pinion. Diffs set up per manual 7-7-3.
Old 04-12-2015, 07:54 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Stock settings and diff oil atm
1900kv motor rx8 esc
Med to large out door low bite loose dusty hard pack clay track

Originally Posted by hairymuffin
Old 04-13-2015, 02:57 AM
Tech Regular

RX8/ SMC 1900 is 16 tooth. It runs hot, I will gear down but it is fast on large indoor loose track. Hate to say it but I've hit about 220 on the motor
I think 15 will be about it for me, no timing aslo

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.