Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree66Likes

Hot Bodies D413 1/10 4WD Buggy

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2014, 12:39 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by LT FAB
Go plastic ! I tried aluminum as well as the plastic and the plastic thread on better.
Is the ASS plastic better than the HB plastic or is it something else that makes you change caps from standard?

Last edited by Tigergutt; 08-10-2014 at 01:32 AM.
Old 08-10-2014, 07:15 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Tigergutt
Is the ASS plastic better than the HB plastic or is it something else that makes you change caps from standard?
Took me a moment there to figure out you meant associated.

I would doubt it, they both use good plastic, the bigger concern would be proper fitment in my opinion.
Old 08-10-2014, 08:59 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Tigergutt
The hot bodies caps pop on like a ball cup and people are having them pop off in crashes. people are swapping over to the associated cap because the hot bodies metal traditional caps haven't released yet.
Old 08-10-2014, 09:12 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by evolution03
The hot bodies caps pop on like a ball cup and people are having them pop off in crashes. people are swapping over to the associated cap because the hot bodies metal traditional caps haven't released yet.
Thanks
Old 08-10-2014, 12:59 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Has anyone had any problems with Pro-line wheels? They seems to be to deep for the front hex. I had to grind down the center to make it fit.
Old 08-10-2014, 09:13 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default Droop

Has anyone tried limiting the suspension travel on the car? Im just curious as this car has miles more droop than anything else on the market....
Old 08-10-2014, 09:21 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I tried the stock shock caps back to back with the AE caps/standoffs this weekend on a very high bite hard outdoor track. With the exact same oil/piston/spring/emulsion setup the AE caps feel much more harsh. The HB caps just make the car feel more plush in my opinion. It may just be the track surface that caused me to notice this, but I could feel the difference on my setup board as well.
Old 08-10-2014, 09:33 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Long weekend of racing at Off Road Kings (Hosted by Delta RC in Antioch, CA). This was my first invite race and I got to run with the big boys. Boy did they hand me my A$$! I had some good runs and a couple top 3 finishes, but the fast guys traded 1st place with one another all day. I was too tired to decipher the final tally, but I either snuck into the last top ten spot or finished in 11.

No matter what it was an awesome race weekend and the D413 never let me down. I thought I had broke and arm after hitting a pipe hard, but it just turned out to be my first shock cap pop off. That happened one more time prompting me to try the AE caps (wish I hadn't) and had a couple terrible finishes. As soon as I went back to the stock caps the car was way easier to drive and I got back in a groove. There were 4 of us D413 drivers in the Invite class. All but perhaps me finished in the top ten and none of us had race ending breaks or anything beyond a shock cap popping off for that matter. The poor 22-4 drivers had a seriously rough go of it. One of them (a top young driver from Reno) was unable to finish a single race with his 22-4. I lent him my spare D413 and he finished every race after that and I believe grab a top 5 spot. One guy ran the whole race weekend (8 races + practice) with a half eaten spur gear and didn't have a single issue. My buddy Tim and I had some really good battles with our D413s (him getting the better of me as usual).

Moral of the story...I may not be able to drive this car to it's full potential, but man is it good! Thank you HB!
Old 08-10-2014, 09:38 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

Originally Posted by racer x 1
Has anyone tried limiting the suspension travel on the car? Im just curious as this car has miles more droop than anything else on the market....
It is easy to use the grooves on the bottom of the shock shaft to adjust droop quickly. You can also put internal limiters in. I have 3mm in mine.
Old 08-11-2014, 01:27 PM
Tech Apprentice

[IMG][/IMG]I am just sharing my practice day set-up from yesterday and I know that driving style and track conditions greatly contribute to what works for each individual. I don't claim to be a fast guy though I practice and aspire to be. I also know that your supposed to make small changes see how it effects the handling and performance.
So I threw that all out the window, put on B5M caps, went emulsion, used 2 x 1.6 piston w/37.5wt for front and 2 x 1.7 w/32.5wt for rear AND to top it off put carbon arm covers on.
I have to say unequivocally that I absolutely loved the way it handled, I am at almost a year in, still learning all aspects. When I saw this new track layout I was a bit intimidated, took my B5M out first it was tough sledding and I'm thinking I'm not taking my D413 out there on only my 3rd practice day with it.

But I did, and by my second battery I was a slicing and dicing and having a blast!! Sorry for my lengthy rambling. [IMG][IMG][/IMG][/IMG]
Old 08-11-2014, 03:55 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Thumbs up

RockStew,

Your car is lookin good. How ya like those Dirt Webs ? I'm thinking about grabbin a set my self. Also, That track looks B!+C#IN ! You guys out in California sure have some nice facilities to run at
Old 08-11-2014, 06:05 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Matt :-)
RockStew,

Your car is lookin good. How ya like those Dirt Webs ? I'm thinking about grabbin a set my self. Also, That track looks B!+C#IN ! You guys out in California sure have some nice facilities to run at
Thanks Matt! Yes I liked them so much on my B5M , so why not D413, the golds for here work really well, I'd rate them pert near on par with the IONS.
I do feel pretty fortunate IERC is awesome they even have giant swamp coolers to keep the joint cool!
Old 08-11-2014, 08:49 PM
Tech Master

I couldnt help but share! I throw everything i could at my d413 tonight abd it took it! Take a wild guess at the things tht happened tonight and you would be right! Tumbled down the straight at full tilt, barrel rolled the triple, traction rolled down the step downs, lawn darted the triple and the only thing tht happend was a shock cap poppin off twice lol! And now tht i finally updated my v3.1... This thing flies! If u doubted the durability on this. Pm me lol its the real deal.
Old 08-12-2014, 11:01 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AlderBoy
Long weekend of racing at Off Road Kings (Hosted by Delta RC in Antioch, CA). This was my first invite race and I got to run with the big boys. Boy did they hand me my A$$! I had some good runs and a couple top 3 finishes, but the fast guys traded 1st place with one another all day. I was too tired to decipher the final tally, but I either snuck into the last top ten spot or finished in 11.

No matter what it was an awesome race weekend and the D413 never let me down. I thought I had broke and arm after hitting a pipe hard, but it just turned out to be my first shock cap pop off. That happened one more time prompting me to try the AE caps (wish I hadn't) and had a couple terrible finishes. As soon as I went back to the stock caps the car was way easier to drive and I got back in a groove. There were 4 of us D413 drivers in the Invite class. All but perhaps me finished in the top ten and none of us had race ending breaks or anything beyond a shock cap popping off for that matter. The poor 22-4 drivers had a seriously rough go of it. One of them (a top young driver from Reno) was unable to finish a single race with his 22-4. I lent him my spare D413 and he finished every race after that and I believe grab a top 5 spot. One guy ran the whole race weekend (8 races + practice) with a half eaten spur gear and didn't have a single issue. My buddy Tim and I had some really good battles with our D413s (him getting the better of me as usual).

Moral of the story...I may not be able to drive this car to it's full potential, but man is it good! Thank you HB!

Josh, it was a pleasure to meet you this weekend. Thanks for hooking me up with that extra spur even though I ended up not needing it.

Here is a picture of how my spur gear looked while I ran 3 practice packs and then all 8 rounds.

On the first pack out (also first pack on the car as I had just built it two days before) I think my motor flexed a bit, thus eating about half of the spur gear all the way around. I re-tightened up everything and ran it for the rest of the weekend with no issues. So my guess is if people are having issues stripping spur gears its because they are not setting mesh correctly.

Also, I do not drive with a light finger... I drive pretty hard on the throttle

Last edited by toyoter91; 08-12-2014 at 11:12 AM.
Old 08-12-2014, 11:08 AM
Tech Master

After a few cased landings i had to tighten up my motormount screws. Just another item to keep an eye on... I was surprised i didnt strip my spur as much movement it had.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.