Search
Like Tree66Likes

Hot Bodies D413 1/10 4WD Buggy

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2014, 11:17 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by toyoter91
Josh, it was a pleasure to meet you this weekend. Thanks for hooking me up with that extra spur even though I ended up not needing it.

Here is a picture of how my spur gear looked while I ran 3 practice packs and then all 8 rounds. On the first pack out (also first pack on the car as I had just built it two days before) I think my motor flexed a bit, thus eating about half of the spur gear all the way around. I re-tightened up everything and ran it for the rest of the weekend with no issues. So my guess is if people are having issues stripping spur gears its because they are not setting mesh correctly.

It was awesome meeting you too Robby! Wish I could run a car for the first time and do as well as you did. :-)

No one should complain about mesh plastic quality after seeing and hearing about your spur.

My motor screws were very loose after one race too, but the spur gear was still perfect. I still suspect non ideal mesh setting for this car and folks not taking a regular look at screw tightness on the motor, motor mount and top deck/center diff square as the reason for spur issues.
Old 08-12-2014, 11:18 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Josh, it was a pleasure to meet you this weekend. Thanks for hooking me up with that extra spur even though I ended up not needing it.

Here is a picture of how my spur gear looked while I ran 3 practice packs and then all 8 rounds.

On the first pack out (also first pack on the car as I had just built it two days before) I think my motor flexed a bit, thus eating about half of the spur gear all the way around. I re-tightened up everything and ran it for the rest of the weekend with no issues. So my guess is if people are having issues stripping spur gears its because they are not setting mesh correctly.

Also, I do not drive with a light finger... I drive pretty hard on the throttle
I've beat the tar out of mine the last 3 weeks... I'd say at least 18 packs and my spur looks new.... outdoor track too. What pinion (steel or aluminum)are you using and it appears the pinion wasn't centered.
Old 08-12-2014, 11:22 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by racer x 1
After a few cased landings i had to tighten up my motormount screws. Just another item to keep an eye on... I was surprised i didnt strip my spur as much movement it had.
Your right about that... Last Saturdays races someone was looking at my car after the main and told me my servo was loose... I went on to check the rest of the car and the a lot of the screws were loose on the chassis, the ones holding the motor mounts, servo, and battery hold downs were all loose.

Definitely check hose periodically
Old 08-12-2014, 11:27 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Stevomatik
Your right about that... Last Saturdays races someone was looking at my car after the main and told me my servo was loose... I went on to check the rest of the car and the a lot of the screws were loose on the chassis, the ones holding the motor mounts, servo, and battery hold downs were all loose.

Definitely check hose periodically
Blue loctite!
Old 08-12-2014, 11:42 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kerby
I've beat the tar out of mine the last 3 weeks... I'd say at least 18 packs and my spur looks new.... outdoor track too. What pinion (steel or aluminum)are you using and it appears the pinion wasn't centered.
Aluminum. Pinion was / is centered. The screws on the clamp part of the motor mount were a tad bit loose after the first run with the car as I did not have any locktite on them. After that run I put some locktite on and tightened them back down. The mesh was still dead on after the first run thus why I am thinking the motor flexed in the mount somehow during that first run. I didn't have any more issues other than it being a bit louder than it should have been. I didn't want to put the new spur on until I needed too. I literally ran the whole weekend with out a single spare part

Also we should note that we were running on a rough and VERY high bite sugar track all weekend.

I had a blast with the car. I have never ran a 4 wheel before, I will definitely be keeping this one.
Old 08-12-2014, 12:52 PM
Tech Apprentice

Aluminum. Pinion was / is centered. The screws on the clamp part of the motor mount were a tad bit loose after the first run with the car as I did not have any locktite on them. After that run I put some locktite on and tightened them back down. The mesh was still dead on after the first run thus why I am thinking the motor flexed in the mount somehow during that first run. I didn't have any more issues other than it being a bit louder than it should have been. I didn't want to put the new spur on until I needed too. I literally ran the whole weekend with out a single spare part

Also we should note that we were running on a rough and VERY high bite sugar track all weekend.

I had a blast with the car. I have never ran a 4 wheel before, I will definitely be keeping this one.
Someone correct me if I am wrong but I am pretty sure we are supposed to use steel and I'm not sure that was the cause, it hurts to look at sorry for ya
Old 08-12-2014, 01:00 PM
Tech Apprentice

I do not mean to by any means offend anyone who is involved with the B5M forum, and this is my general observation, I checked it out earlier today, man those guys are rough in there! I like it better in here LOL Peace my fellow D413 brethren!
Old 08-12-2014, 01:48 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RockStew
Someone correct me if I am wrong but I am pretty sure we are supposed to use steel and I'm not sure that was the cause, it hurts to look at sorry for ya
Some have recommended it, like Ty Tessmann. But I have been using a TLR aluminum one and have about 20 packs into the car and the spur still looks new. I bought a steel one ready to go but now that I have a spare spur, I don't want to touch anything until it breaks. Don't want to tempt fate if everything is working fine.
Old 08-12-2014, 03:20 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by kdeleon
Some have recommended it, like Ty Tessmann. But I have been using a TLR aluminum one and have about 20 packs into the car and the spur still looks new. I bought a steel one ready to go but now that I have a spare spur, I don't want to touch anything until it breaks. Don't want to tempt fate if everything is working fine.
Yup , your right don't tempt it
Old 08-12-2014, 05:53 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 146 (100%+)

Robby, your buggy looked better and better as the weekend went on. I could tell those first couple packs the suspension was too soft but by Sunday it looked dialed. What was your shock package?
Old 08-12-2014, 08:16 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by RockStew
Nothing to be sorry about, car ran perfectly even with the spur gear looking like that.

Originally Posted by RC*PHREAK
Robby, your buggy looked better and better as the weekend went on. I could tell those first couple packs the suspension was too soft but by Sunday it looked dialed. What was your shock package?
Yeah, it was a rough start setup wise

I ended up with 4x1.2 all around with Losi 50wt in front and AE 42.5 in the rear. Stock springs front and rear, with Silver sway bars front and rear.

Car was really good in round 7 so I left it alone for round 8, I just over drove it like a goon. Car was wicked fast through.
Old 08-12-2014, 09:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

What wings are you guys using to replace the stock one? I noticed the grooves in the wing for the b5 wont allow it to fit :/
Old 08-12-2014, 09:50 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by racer x 1
What wings are you guys using to replace the stock one? I noticed the grooves in the wing for the b5 wont allow it to fit :/
I went with a ProLine Trifecta wing. I use them on my 17.5 car and the D413 with good results. Only complaint I have is that its a bit heavy.
Old 08-12-2014, 09:56 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I'm also currently using the Trifecta. I like the durability. It has held up pretty well. Some dents but no cracks yet. It is heavier because it is thicker than other wings but for mod racing, was less of a concern. Another one that worked was the Vortex wing from Upgrade RC. Thinner than trifecta but thicker than out of the box.
Old 08-12-2014, 09:57 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 146 (100%+)

Nothing to be sorry about, car ran perfectly even with the spur gear looking like that.

Yeah, it was a rough start setup wise

I ended up with 4x1.2 all around with Losi 50wt in front and AE 42.5 in the rear. Stock springs front and rear, with Silver sway bars front and rear.

Car was really good in round 7 so I left it alone for round 8, I just over drove it like a goon. Car was wicked fast through.
And no limiters inside the shocks?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.