Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree66Likes

Hot Bodies D413 1/10 4WD Buggy

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2014, 02:24 PM
Tech Adept

I actually followed every link regarding fans.

Found them really informative and bought r1.

Member suggestions has/is a great asset to RCTECH community
Old 07-02-2014, 03:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Matt :-)
No disrespect intended. If you would have notified me about the reason why you deleted my post, I would not have re posted it. I personally will not do it again, but if your going to edit links posted on this thread for items that can be purchased, you might want to get busy because there are tons of them on here. You missed links posted by other members on the same page that I posted on that will lead to the possible purchase of cooling fans. In a court of law, this is referred to as selective prosecution.

Like I said, no disrespect intended. In the future I'll just p.m. the link to anyone who may need some help finding an item that's hard to come by.
^^^ This… Sooooooooo this!!!!

The same thing has happened to me on here as well as on other forum sites I'm a member of. I've found that the "enforcement" of the rules is selective on forums, depending on who you know and/or how a mod may be feeling on a given day. I was banned on a paintball forum years ago for offering information and answers on products I manufactured, but as luck would have it, I saw the head moderator of the entire site at world cup a couple of weeks later and walked up to their tent and saw him fraternizing with many of the people who got away with posting things that were outright against the rules without any issues. Come to find out they were his homies, so they could do what they wanted without facing action against them.

I called him on it and called him a hypocrite as well as a few other less than admirable things, and the next day I received an E-mail stating my account had been reinstated. LOL

I still couldn't post sales and pricing info openly, but I was able to offer information and answer questions about my products for any customers who wanted or needed it.
Old 07-02-2014, 03:53 PM
Tech Adept

RCTECH is a great web site.

My learning cure from all the reading and support is second to none.

Great administration job and all the fantastic members of this RC community
Old 07-02-2014, 04:02 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

It all comes down to money. eBay or eBay sellers do not pay RC tech for advertising so any links will get deleted if spotted. Also I realize that allot of you shop eBay but the people who are not authorized dealers or sellers of RC related products are killing off our hobby and if left unchecked will continue to damage your local hobby shops, tracks with retail sales and even the big online retailers that you all shop with.
Old 07-02-2014, 06:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

Thanks Braderb!

Jaz240 you are absolutely right!
Old 07-02-2014, 06:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

Originally Posted by the incubus
^^^ This… Sooooooooo this!!!!

The same thing has happened to me on here as well as on other forum sites I'm a member of. I've found that the "enforcement" of the rules is selective on forums, depending on who you know and/or how a mod may be feeling on a given day. I was banned on a paintball forum years ago for offering information and answers on products I manufactured, but as luck would have it, I saw the head moderator of the entire site at world cup a couple of weeks later and walked up to their tent and saw him fraternizing with many of the people who got away with posting things that were outright against the rules without any issues. Come to find out they were his homies, so they could do what they wanted without facing action against them.

I called him on it and called him a hypocrite as well as a few other less than admirable things, and the next day I received an E-mail stating my account had been reinstated. LOL

I still couldn't post sales and pricing info openly, but I was able to offer information and answer questions about my products for any customers who wanted or needed it.
We Mods are all different people. We get all kind of pm's of all kinds of stuff that happens but we also miss alot of things to, we're not perfect but we are trying to keep the Form as clean and informative. Sorry what u when through the other mod. If you any more questions PM

But move on this. Where high jacking the Hot bodies D413 tread .
Old 07-02-2014, 09:02 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jpm1
I got mine last night off tower, my backorder said limit stock so I went ahead and grabbed it, I actually figured that when you had back order that they would automatically be filled but anyway I have one on the way now.

Cheers for the link to let us know they had some in.
Holy crap!! I thought it would be automatically filled also !! All I had to do was select to fill my order !! UUUGGHH !!

I feel like Chris Farley in the movie Tommy Boy right now !!! SNIKIES !!!
Old 07-02-2014, 10:11 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Stormer has the parts...

(Search from the home page, don't try to search parts by car.)
Old 07-03-2014, 12:53 AM
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by Jaz240
It all comes down to money. eBay or eBay sellers do not pay RC tech for advertising so any links will get deleted if spotted. Also I realize that allot of you shop eBay but the people who are not authorized dealers or sellers of RC related products are killing off our hobby and if left unchecked will continue to damage your local hobby shops, tracks with retail sales and even the big online retailers that you all shop with.
Think it's wonderful to have Ebay, bout time the online retailers get a taste of what they been doing to the retail side & your local track.
Old 07-03-2014, 07:23 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Matt :-)
Holy crap!! I thought it would be automatically filled also !! All I had to do was select to fill my order !! UUUGGHH !!

I feel like Chris Farley in the movie Tommy Boy right now !!! SNIKIES !!!
me too! I thought they (Tower) would fill them as they were ordered! NOT SO!
I just got off the phone with a manager! It depends on where you live!
ALSO, I didnt know that you had to grab it when stock comes in!
Old 07-03-2014, 07:25 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Well, no indication of my backordered buggy kit shipping from Tower yet, but a half dozen or so items of my "spare parts" order now shows "Invoiced - Processing in Warehouse" (but not the Spur Gear).
Old 07-03-2014, 07:34 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

I still cant believe that they cant track the boats coming in! I call BS
Also, Tower cant even tell you how many orders are before yours! BS yet again!
They said they got 3 kits in last shipment! REALLY!!
Old 07-03-2014, 07:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jaz240
I've stated it numerous times before. LHS can shove it. Been at this for about 25 years and 90% of them follow the same trend/business model and therefore most end up closing shop. They sell you on the brands they stock and you end up dropping a considerable amount only to have them switch to other brands, dropping the original brand they sold you on and then you have to wait for them to order parts which sometimes can take unto 3 weeks, sometimes more.

The only brands that are static pretty much everywhere int he states are Associated and TLR and even then some shops stop carrying those brands as well. We have a ginormous shop here that's not too far out of my way that was the premier place to buy all of your kits and parts and slowly but surely they stopped stocking parts and brands until they completely switched focus, turning their backs on customers who supported them for several decades, to morph themselves into an overpriced toy store the peddles utter junk.

We all used to go there and bump into one another and hang out and by the time we all checked out (usually closing time), they'd ring up several thousand dollars.Then one day we walk in and everything changed. All remaining stock was thrown into boxes and placed on a shelf and you had to sift through them to try and find the part(s) you needed, and if they weren't there they wouldn't even order it for you because that was no longer their focus.

Local shops screw themselves and at this point in my life, there are things I see that I want to try and no longer will I be forced to buy only a select few brands because that's all the local shops stock. I buy what I find appealing and order parts right to my door and the cost of shipping is usually less than what I spend on gas to get to my local shops anyway, and it's way more convenient.

HB has been making great vehicles for a long time and there isn't a single shop that has ever stocked their kits. They have to order them if you so wanted to buy one. Same with Durango, Schumacher (SINCE FOREVER), and most other brands that weren't Associated, Losi, and Tamiya (who's kit's were always super awesome in theory but were in all actuality severely overpriced JUNK!!!) I haven't run a Tamiya car for a very long time but they now seem to be on a similar level to high end race kits.

I worked one summer cutting lawns on crutches to get an Astute (like I said, been at this for a long time) and it was so intricately engineered, but broke like crazy if you just looked at it wrong, and it was as heavy as a Sherman tank and thus was not competitive. Went back to my RC10 and JRx2.

In short, ebay (or any online retailer) isn't killing much of anything and ebay sellers have just as much right to sell product as does the local seller. I for one am tired of double, triple, and quadruple taxation without representation and will always opt to save a few dollars, because while I might be looking out for the local guy, who's looking out for me?

Certainly NOT the local hobby shop owner.
Old 07-03-2014, 08:50 AM
Tech Master

Me and my buddy battling it out to qualify for the A-main at the Dutch/Belgium nationals

2x d413 in action
Old 07-03-2014, 08:56 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by the incubus
I've stated it numerous times before. LHS can shove it. Been at this for about 25 years and 90% of them follow the same trend/business model and therefore most end up closing shop. They sell you on the brands they stock and you end up dropping a considerable amount only to have them switch to other brands, dropping the original brand they sold you on and then you have to wait for them to order parts which sometimes can take unto 3 weeks, sometimes more.

The only brands that are static pretty much everywhere int he states are Associated and TLR and even then some shops stop carrying those brands as well. We have a ginormous shop here that's not too far out of my way that was the premier place to buy all of your kits and parts and slowly but surely they stopped stocking parts and brands until they completely switched focus, turning their backs on customers who supported them for several decades, to morph themselves into an overpriced toy store the peddles utter junk.

We all used to go there and bump into one another and hang out and by the time we all checked out (usually closing time), they'd ring up several thousand dollars.Then one day we walk in and everything changed. All remaining stock was thrown into boxes and placed on a shelf and you had to sift through them to try and find the part(s) you needed, and if they weren't there they wouldn't even order it for you because that was no longer their focus.

Local shops screw themselves and at this point in my life, there are things I see that I want to try and no longer will I be forced to buy only a select few brands because that's all the local shops stock. I buy what I find appealing and order parts right to my door and the cost of shipping is usually less than what I spend on gas to get to my local shops anyway, and it's way more convenient.

HB has been making great vehicles for a long time and there isn't a single shop that has ever stocked their kits. They have to order them if you so wanted to buy one. Same with Durango, Schumacher (SINCE FOREVER), and most other brands that weren't Associated, Losi, and Tamiya (who's kit's were always super awesome in theory but were in all actuality severely overpriced JUNK!!!) I haven't run a Tamiya car for a very long time but they now seem to be on a similar level to high end race kits.

I worked one summer cutting lawns on crutches to get an Astute (like I said, been at this for a long time) and it was so intricately engineered, but broke like crazy if you just looked at it wrong, and it was as heavy as a Sherman tank and thus was not competitive. Went back to my RC10 and JRx2.

In short, ebay (or any online retailer) isn't killing much of anything and ebay sellers have just as much right to sell product as does the local seller. I for one am tired of double, triple, and quadruple taxation without representation and will always opt to save a few dollars, because while I might be looking out for the local guy, who's looking out for me?

Certainly NOT the local hobby shop owner.
Your frustration is understandable but you have to realize that the shop owner had to do what was best to pay his bills and feed his family. With today's RC market so saturated $3000 worth of product yields about $450 in profits and that is before expenses. If the store owner can change his business model and make $1200 on the same $3000 in sales then good for him. Believe me when I tell you it was nothing personal for them to decide to actually own a profitable business instead of one that scraps by every month. Most hobby shops have clueless employees that sell whatever they have in stock and that is the truth and shops like that don't really deserve your support but also please understand that a typical hobby shop owner has to invest hundreds of thousands of dollars to get the store opened and then some 12 year old kid starts part breaking kits on eBay and selling product out of his room for 75% less than dealers can buy that same part for and in no way will this ever be good for the longevity of the hobby. The hobby will never grow if local shops all close down because new racers are not going to buy from eBay or any of the on-line retailers because they can't get the help that they need.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.