Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree248Likes

Xray XB4 thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2013, 06:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

I had an awesome time at the track today, this car feels faster than the xb808e I have been running tuning for the past year the first time round. I did not even set it up for clay just setup from manual with rear upper shock one hole inside. Car flys the best among all the other cars I own including mid motor Schumacher cougars dex210 and the cat sx2. I am glad I got this one instead. I could not time mine but would be easily faster than the ebuggy for sure. No breaks with even some nasty tumbles. Held up fine acceleration is second to none. I am keeping composite gears and slipper is around 7 mm. Did not have problems clearing my long triple. Can't wait to run some more packs through her!!
Old 01-06-2013, 06:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Stripe
Three days of EOS over here with Martin Bayer and many Xray drivers. Track was very difficult for our european style tracks and because of the huge amount of racers just a little training

All drivers using the composite diff parts (martin uses them too) had no issues.

Shock towers are very solid, but not unbreakable. Sand them, clean them and seal them with thin CA inner and outer contour. The towers will not break, they will be scrubbed down much earlier one driver broke a front tower with a front crash at high-speed.

Bulkheads were a bigger problem for the amateur racers. Luckily the distributor came over and brought bulkheads plus new kits, we were allowed to take out parts. THAT'S Service !

I was able to talk to Martin the whole weekend, kind racer, for the guys who killed the cvd bushings, there will be some bling also the shock caps will be availlable as tuning part.

Almost everyone used the 2stripe springs all around. Shock oils were very different, most used around 300 to 350 and 400 to 500.

Waiting for the next weekend and the next race, the car is pure fun. Compared to all the damages at this weekend, the bulkheads are a minor problem, we just raised the bar very high because of the unbreakable 1/8 scale buggy.

Besides, bulkheads are marked with a small F for the front, but it is very small.
I watched all the 4wd videos on the EOS site. Car looks really good.

2 stripe progressive or linear?

One thing I wish would catch on here in the USA is indoor carpet like the UK.
Old 01-06-2013, 07:53 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Its not off road if its on carpet....
Old 01-06-2013, 10:20 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by sickpuppy1
Its not off road if its on carpet....
Yep, it also must be a lot easier to race without side barriers made of corrugated black pipe nailed into the ground with rusty bits of rebar, some of which faces into the track.

I wonder if manufacturers test their products on ultra smooth tracks like that, with professional drivers. It could explain why the occasional cracked diff housing or broken shock tower didn't show up in development.

(All that said, I'd love to run on that EOS track. I bet it is cool!)
Old 01-06-2013, 10:53 PM
Tech Master

Oh, I could see the appeal of a carpet track all right....some real advantages, but I still think dirt is where its at. But I like Nitro too,so what do I know,lol
Old 01-06-2013, 11:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

I just got home from a big race this weekend and responded to all of those who were interested in the towers. I have a couple left if anyone wants some.

Ran this weekend at the Jconcepts Super Cup race, 290 entries and about 35 in 4wd buggy. Lots of competition and bumped into the A, finishing 6th I believe, not bad for my second 4wd race ever. The car is just amazing to drive, so many people commented to me about how smooth it is and how it glides over the track. The biggest thing I love is that you don't have to push it to do anything, it does all the work and you just drive it faster (not harder).

Here's a picture of the towers

Old 01-06-2013, 11:04 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by seth556
I just got home from a big race this weekend and responded to all of those who were interested in the towers. I have a couple left if anyone wants some.

Ran this weekend at the Jconcepts Super Cup race, 290 entries and about 35 in 4wd buggy. Lots of competition and bumped into the A, finishing 6th I believe, not bad for my second 4wd race ever. The car is just amazing to drive, so many people commented to me about how smooth it is and how it glides over the track. The biggest thing I love is that you don't have to push it to do anything, it does all the work and you just drive it faster (not harder).

Was waiting for the black version
Old 01-07-2013, 01:02 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by seth556

Sent you a pm.
Old 01-07-2013, 01:34 AM
Tech Rookie

2 stripe progressive springs, the linear ones are called dot. The marking is almost the same, the stripes are a bit wider on the progrssive ones and you can see the different winding style.

I totally aggree, don't push the car, just relax and let it glide over the track
Old 01-07-2013, 02:01 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by asc6000
plenty of room, seems roomier than the ZX and definitely easier to access.
I'll make you a great deal on an FS2... running this magnificent car again tommorow night.
Shame I have the sanwa 451R RX too, they aren't small!

I'll be selling on of my FS2s once rebuilt (UK based)
Old 01-07-2013, 02:37 AM
Tech Regular

With the kit setup, does your car rub the inner rear wheel lip against the lower rear shock mount, when the shock is fully compressed?

Progress here is slow but very relaxing! We spend an hour or so every night working on it.
Attached Thumbnails Xray XB4 thread-xb4.jpg  
Old 01-07-2013, 03:25 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by mikeyscott

Dude don't forget to use the fan on your Orion...
Old 01-07-2013, 03:45 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by mikeyscott

Get a 471 rx, they're tiny.
Old 01-07-2013, 03:50 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lbz34
Was waiting for the black version
+1... waiting for the black anodized version
Old 01-07-2013, 05:03 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Badger5
Get a 471 rx, they're tiny.
Hi Richard

May well do that as I'm selling off a stack of kit.

Only just got replacement 451R back from warrantee after 3-4 months

Going by the looks of things
FS2
FS2 SP
DB1
Tekin RS Pro
Orion 6.5 WC
SP 8.5 V3
Sanwa 451 RX
Servos
Kyosho spares
And so on..

Omega seamaster too

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.