Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree172Likes

Kyosho Ultima RB6 & RB6.6 Car Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 12-21-2016, 08:46 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Kyosho Ultima RB6 & RB6.6 Car Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: tobamiester
RB6.6 Kyosho America Product Page: http://www.kyoshoamerica.com/ULTIMA-...T_p_24505.html

RB6.6 Manual http://www.kyosho.com/jpn/support/in...A_RB6_6_IM.pdf

RB6.6 Kyosho Youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vW_sR667utY

MSRP $639 MAP $399.99

-------------------------------
New RB6.6 parts (compared exploded views, prices and links are Kyosho America):

Chassis:
  1. Main chassis - UM731 - $125.99
  2. Side guards - UM732 - $9.99

Battery Holder:
  1. Battery plate - UM733 - $8.99
  2. Battery foam - UM741 - $7.99

Rear Bulkheads:
  1. MM3 and Laydown - UM740 - $9.99
    • MM3 bulkhead
    • Laydown bulkhead
    • Swaybar Holders

3 Gear Transmission (MM and RM):
  1. Transmission - UM734 - $10.99
    • transmission cases
    • spacers
    • caps
    • plastic FR & RR suspension hangers

2. Gear Cover - UM735 - $6.99

Laydown Transmission (3 and 4 gear possible):
  1. Transmission - UM736 - $10.99
    • transmission cases
    • spacers
    • caps
    • required extra hardware
    • pastic FR suspension hanger

2. 40T idler - UM737 - $6.99
  3. Motor plate - UM738 - $18.99
  4. Gear cover - UM739 - $6.99

Body:
  1. Blade body - UMB05 - $27.99

Optional Parts:
  1. Lightweigt Blade body - UMB05LW - $31.99
  2. Aluminum FR suspension hanger - UMW705B - $28.99 (may be able to file UMW705 to fit)
  3. Brass FR suspension hanger - UMW725B - $30.99 (looks more different than UMW725..someone confirm?)

Typical Upgrades for new RB6.6 Buyers

UMW701 Aluminum Steering Plate (RB6)
UMW702 Aluminum Crank Arm (RB6)
UMW704-0 V2 Aluminum Rear Hub Set(0°/RB6)
UMW705B Aluminum Rear Sus. Holder (RF/RB6.6) or brass UMW725B
UMW707 Aluminum Rear Sus. Holder (RR-Mid)

Nice to have:

UMW723 Aluminum Front Sus Block (Type B/10g/RB6/RT6/SC6).

Aftermarket Parts:

Front Wing: https://www.prolineracing.com/perfor...mount-alum-rb6

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2015, 08:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 166 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kraig
I picked up a set of Lunsford ball studs and then used my tire punch to make the holes in the Kyosho ball cups so I could get the wrench into the ball stud. No issues so far.

The B5 series ball studs are bigger than the B4 so they have new ball cups too. From what I have seen, they are pretty strong too and guys/girls are putting them on their 44.3's.
Diameter is too large for the ball and cup to work on the inside front camber link.
Old 03-26-2015, 12:32 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rpboggs1
If you ever get inspected at the track, I'm pretty sure the roar minimum is 1499 grams. Nice looking buggy!
Yeah I don't do many races but I'm gonna add weight to get it up to 1499g. Thanks! It was in pretty bad shape when I got it...

Originally Posted by CaseyD
can you get us a picture of your car with the body off and on the scale. Your car is 100g lighter than i could ever get mine. What chassis are do you have?
I honestly couldn't tell you which chassis it is.. Lol I bought the car used and don't have any previous experience with kyosho cars to be honest.

Originally Posted by jpcopeland1
I have one almost new B5M with all the goodies on it, and it's still a tank. Another Purpose built (almost) a lightweight b5m (no aluminum anywhere) and it's not even finished, and nowhere close to being in the 1500s. Should sell em all and run a stock RB6 lol....
I had everything but a lightened chassis on my b5m and was at 1535g with 2.4 tires front and rear. They're definitely pigs lol. this has the aluminum rear arm mounts, aluminum rear hubs, aluminum steering rack, servo horn, aluminum servo mounts. The battery is taped to the chassis and it does have a shorty servo but I don't think just that would make it so light lol.

Is that Kevin Smiths old car? It does have pucks installed.
no its not. I got it from someone at ierc and it was in pretty horrible shape. I had to replace a bunch of crap and now I got it looking good.

It does have the pucks installed and I installed the schelle nova slipper and top shaft in the car.
Old 03-26-2015, 03:36 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mjbtaco
Yeah I don't do many races but I'm gonna add weight to get it up to 1499g. Thanks! It was in pretty bad shape when I got it...

I honestly couldn't tell you which chassis it is.. Lol I bought the car used and don't have any previous experience with kyosho cars to be honest.

I had everything but a lightened chassis on my b5m and was at 1535g with 2.4 tires front and rear. They're definitely pigs lol. this has the aluminum rear arm mounts, aluminum rear hubs, aluminum steering rack, servo horn, aluminum servo mounts. The battery is taped to the chassis and it does have a shorty servo but I don't think just that would make it so light lol.

no its not. I got it from someone at ierc and it was in pretty horrible shape. I had to replace a bunch of crap and now I got it looking good.

It does have the pucks installed and I installed the schelle nova slipper and top shaft in the car.
what kind of foam is in your tires? id imagine your car prolly has the lightweight chassis. ur esc also has a small footprint and the location of it helps with minimal wires, which is also helping. but thats still hella light. i have lightweight everything on my car and the lightest i ever got down to was 1470. prior to diet, my car was 1580-1590 depending on tires i threw on that day.
Old 03-26-2015, 06:10 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by glenng
what kind of foam is in your tires? id imagine your car prolly has the lightweight chassis. ur esc also has a small footprint and the location of it helps with minimal wires, which is also helping. but thats still hella light. i have lightweight everything on my car and the lightest i ever got down to was 1470. prior to diet, my car was 1580-1590 depending on tires i threw on that day.
Always run closed cell foams. These are the same electronics I ran in my b5m so I don't think that's the difference here lol.
Old 03-26-2015, 07:01 AM
Tech Regular

The MIP parts drop a ton of weight.
Old 03-26-2015, 07:45 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

That's pretty sweet. Has to be one of the lightest RB6s ive seen. That's pushing Hobbypro buggy weight, which is pretty impressive. Good job. Put one of those Trinity short stacks in there and that thing is a bonified rocket. A guy at my track has one in his RB6 that I know isn't that light and all I can say is wow, those motors are sweet.
Old 03-26-2015, 09:19 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 166 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mjbtaco

Looked a lot like Kevin Smiths old car. The stuff you installed will lighten any car significantly, but a B5M underweight would require a different chassis and no aluminum bits. Enjoy it, should be a really good car in stock being that light. Seriously thinking about switching so shoot me a pm about what you though changing out chassis from AE to Kyosho.
Old 03-26-2015, 12:57 PM
Tech Fanatic

Looked a lot like Kevin Smiths old car. The stuff you installed will lighten any car significantly, but a B5M underweight would require a different chassis and no aluminum bits. Enjoy it, should be a really good car in stock being that light. Seriously thinking about switching so shoot me a pm about what you though changing out chassis from AE to Kyosho.
For sure I'll let you know. I'll get it on the track for the first time tomorrow.
Old 03-26-2015, 06:05 PM
Tech Adept

So after a bit of research I decided on the RB6 over the 22 and b5m! I have no clue what I am doing ... It is used but looks to be in great shape and the price was decent. It has R10Pro esc, Spektrum 1040 servo and Reedy 7.5 with 2 reedy batteries. Set up mid motor. I will be running it at So. Cal. indoor clay tracks, is mid motor ok? Is there a setup sheet available to follow? Thanks in advance for helping a newb to buggies!
Old 03-26-2015, 07:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SoCalMX
So after a bit of research I decided on the RB6 over the 22 and b5m! I have no clue what I am doing ... It is used but looks to be in great shape and the price was decent. It has R10Pro esc, Spektrum 1040 servo and Reedy 7.5 with 2 reedy batteries. Set up mid motor. I will be running it at So. Cal. indoor clay tracks, is mid motor ok? Is there a setup sheet available to follow? Thanks in advance for helping a newb to buggies!

First,
Welcome to the world of the Red Army,

www.petitrc.com

That's the place for setup sheets for just about every car known to racers. Lol.

If your in the so cal area I'm sure there's some good guys to get to know a little and should be able to help you with trackside help if they are there.
Old 03-26-2015, 07:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 105 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SoCalMX
c

i use cody king setup from ocrc 2014 rroc..its nice and nuetral
Old 03-26-2015, 10:25 PM
Tech Adept

Thanks fellaz...I will be running it at OCRC & I might take on a job in San Diego staying out there 2 nights a week & checking out SDRC! Look like the mid motor is the way to go for me. I should have it early next week, cant wait!
Old 03-26-2015, 10:49 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 30 (97%+)

Hi peeps, just in the middle off building this buggy and can't make up my mind weather to go mid motor or rear motor, i run on a medium size out door track which is high traction on race day most of the time, but can also loose traction quickly and become very dusty, what i'd like is some advise from people that have run both setups and what they found, by the way i will be running a 7.5t motor in the modified class any advise will be greatly appreciated.
Old 03-27-2015, 07:11 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quick question that I am sure has been asked but I could not find anything. I just bought this vehicle and was wanting to see if anyone had a picture of the hole to drill in the arms for the Zack Rogers setup
Old 03-27-2015, 07:37 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by fanfor18
Quick question that I am sure has been asked but I could not find anything. I just bought this vehicle and was wanting to see if anyone had a picture of the hole to drill in the arms for the Zack Rogers setup
Just buy the new arms from Kyosho with the holes already there.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.