Search
Like Tree5Likes

SC10 4x4 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2011, 07:41 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CraigV
Of course, who doesn't have time for trannys?
lmfao!
Old 05-10-2011, 07:42 AM
Aoh
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (94%+)

Originally Posted by pfunk66
Got my truck last night and the build went pretty well. Just curious about the belt tension? I started with the recommended belt tensioner settings and it seems ok.. Just not sure of how tight it should really be.
id start with rec'd setting, and check it from there, after a few packs the belt will breakin/stretch.

speaking of which, i think that happen'd to mine last night, towards the end of night on full brakes it sounded like i was skipping a tooth or 2.
Old 05-10-2011, 07:42 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 144 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Aoh
https://picasaweb.google.com/1113101...31478/SC104x4#

so i built some sway bars for the car, since it badly needed em. used ~2.1mm piano wire for the bars. for the links i used AE 1/10 lower shock mounts on the arms and stole the bar joints from my B44 swaybar kits. the chassis mounts for the bar were made from a sheet of ABS, i cut to the right dimensions and slotted for the bar to clamp in.

i highly recommend Chris Jarosz's setup if you run on high traction clay.

Seeing this sway bar set makes me glad that I ordered this. http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...i-Sway-Bar-Set
It seems to be eveything needed. I hope it works. I will let everyone know what the outcome is.
another link
http://www.tlracing.com/Products/Def...rodID=LOSA1750
Starting my build tonight
Old 05-10-2011, 08:08 AM
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by 1Fastpede
the question on losi wheels fitting. they fit but are they under the body or sticking out?
Off set is the same for both , where the hex fits on the Losi rim ? It is thicker plastic than the Ae rim, the lock nut will not have as many threads to get the grip...
Old 05-10-2011, 08:12 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Just some cell phone pics for now..

MMP - Tekin 4.5 sc4x
turnigy 4000mah 30c.. fits but its tight around the wires
Hitec 7955tg - no servo extension needed
2wd sc10 body fit with minor trimming and reaming of post holes

Last edited by pfunk66; 05-10-2011 at 08:24 AM.
Old 05-10-2011, 08:12 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Smile

Going to get my truck today, and really concerned about the availability of the springs. What is everyone else doing?!? How can we race this puppy w no variation I'n spring rates?!?, Ahhhhh.....looks like the ol prolines may make a debut on first race week after all.... If you guys know where I can find the springs, plz let me know.

Also, the concepts wheels do fit? Ok, so does that mean the tense wheels fit too?

good luck to all n your builds.....and keep the great info coming. I will post as I get thru mine today/ tonight.
Old 05-10-2011, 08:20 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by bob o
Has anyone made a new mounting plate for the ESC, RX, and Transponder and not use the stock RX box?

I plan on doing one out of some CF plate I have so I can get the ESC back further and the RX forward more to help with not having to use a servo extension.

This way you just unplug the steering servo and unsolder or remove the motor and ALL the electronics can be removed for cleaning.

You can make flexable cover for the RX out of scrap Lexan from the bodies if you want to protect the RX, but it has not been an issue in the other 4 trucks/buggies so far.
Bob Oaks
I was just going to remove the RX box and use servo tape. Why make something elaborate if you don't need to.
Old 05-10-2011, 08:22 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by cota4rt

Rear tranny case binds. It looks distorted like it cooled improperly coming out of mold. I will try a new case from my LHS. May shim in meantime if that will work.
Are you putting 1 silver .030" washer on each transmission case screw? I noticed my rear transmission was tight until I put those washers on. Although it was still a bit tight to begin with after running it for 5 minutes everything freed up and rolled quite smoothly.
Old 05-10-2011, 08:32 AM
Tech Master

It looks like the swaybars from my Jammin SCRT10 might fit. I get my kit tonight so I will check that out until the FT #91126 kit is available.
Old 05-10-2011, 08:34 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Chris Jarosz
Are you putting 1 silver .030" washer on each transmission case screw? I noticed my rear transmission was tight until I put those washers on. Although it was still a bit tight to begin with after running it for 5 minutes everything freed up and rolled quite smoothly.
quick question, would you know when the swaybars were coming out for the sc10 4x4? and what setup would you recommend for the truck without swaybars on hardpack dirt/bluegroove

thanks, derrick
Old 05-10-2011, 08:42 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cota4rt

Interesting way to hold pin in rear cvd. I kept looking for retainer like for the front. Finally looked ahead in manual and low and behold bearing retains pin! Clever idea but will have to pick up spare bearings as those are not normal size.

It's a captured pin design. That is how AE does it on their 1/8th scale rigs as well as how Tekno does it on their CVD's for the Slash 4wd. Very simple and works really well.
Old 05-10-2011, 08:48 AM
Tech Apprentice

I dont know if anyone else posted this but ultimate rc has done some build videos on the truck.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fjHI3QFaxQU
Old 05-10-2011, 09:00 AM
Aoh
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (94%+)

Originally Posted by Dusttt
Seeing this sway bar set makes me glad that I ordered this. http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...i-Sway-Bar-Set
It seems to be eveything needed. I hope it works. I will let everyone know what the outcome is.
another link
http://www.tlracing.com/Products/Def...rodID=LOSA1750
Starting my build tonight
i dont see anything in that kit that is really useful except maybe the bar end joint, and maybe if your lucky the bar MIGHT fit, it is a super tight fit. from what ive seen, the ofna(not sure which one) kit offers most of what you would need for the swaybars. i simply had all the parts on hand so i just made it from spares.
Old 05-10-2011, 09:00 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 142 (100%+)

Chris Jarosz is the man, everytime I've had an issue with any of my AE products (not many) he has been more then helpful and responds quickly...... This is another reason why I like AE rc's so much, great customer support and awesome rc's....... My build is almost done I just need to add electronics etc and will post pics once I'm done...... Man this is prob. the first time I don't think I'll need to upgrade to any rpm parts, this kit looks really strong and durable, GREAT JOB AE
Old 05-10-2011, 09:11 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 159 (99%+)

Woot! Just got a call that my second sc10 4x4 is in at the LHS. I was getting worried about parts for the big points series opener this weekend, but a second car should cover me.

btw, anyone else on here going to litchfield for the MORL series can feel free to use said parts car for parts.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.