Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2013, 11:45 AM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I've had great success with the Protek 100c packs. I really like the larger 5mm connector also:

Protek 100c
Old 03-20-2013, 11:48 AM
Tech Prophet

Honestly i cant say ive had a 2s lipo pack puff on me ive had 4s lipos slighty puff on me but there fine.

Im not evil knevel on the thorttle or driving wise on the truck so maybe thats why i havent had that happen.
Old 03-20-2013, 11:52 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by NitroLeadFinger
Hey gang,

Raced my new SCTE 1.0 for the first time last weekend, it ran great, got me into the A-main, but the front center diff bearing was toast after the first couple of heats. Did I just get unlucky or is this common? I sent an email to Horizon about it, but I think I am on my own. I ordered new avid bearings and some HD diff cases, hoping it won't haunt me anymore, I love this truck! A buddy told me about the aluminum center supports being more durable, but I will try another stock plastic one. I ordered a LOSB3592 to replace the cooked support. Anyone ever see this on a new truck? Maybe I just got a defective bearing, as it seems to have separated off the race somehow and just spun in the support.

Thanks in advance!
Derek

Ive had the front bearing in the center plastic mount go bad when ethier my gear mesh moved and got to tight or the screws on the bottom holding the center diff mounts got loose. Most of the time they last long not a season but long enough.

The HD diff cups might help because there made of a better mold and takes a lot of wobble out of the center diff.

About paying for a quote higher quality 2s sorry but i will not pay more than $60 for a 2s lipo.
Old 03-20-2013, 12:47 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tc5 man
Ive had the front bearing in the center plastic mount go bad when ethier my gear mesh moved and got to tight
Thanks Casper and Tc5. A tight mesh could have caused it, I did at one point question the mesh, (the truck just felt different after landing a big jump) but I think the bearing blew out before the end of the 6 min heat. I will keep a better eye on mesh.
Derek
Old 03-20-2013, 01:09 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by NitroLeadFinger
Thanks Casper and Tc5. A tight mesh could have caused it, I did at one point question the mesh, (the truck just felt different after landing a big jump) but I think the bearing blew out before the end of the 6 min heat. I will keep a better eye on mesh.
Derek

Yup check the bottom screws into the center diff mount/motor mount and the screw on the motor mount to adjust the mesh. Ive been using a cap head screw with a cone washer on the motor mount where you adjust the mesh oh man its much better !
Old 03-21-2013, 12:25 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Chris Gierse
What batteries does everyone have good luck with? I have been running a couple NanoTechs 6600 with my Novak Havoc Pro SC and 4.5 550. At the end of a 10 minute run they are always puffed a bit. I just ordered a Hobbywing 4000kv combo and wanted to get a couple new batteries. Not sure if the puffing is because of the batteries or the Novac system.
Nanotechs are great for the price and don't puff on my 4000kv combo. I heard that SMC:s are good too.
Old 03-22-2013, 03:31 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nanoverse
Nanotechs are great for the price and don't puff on my 4000kv combo. I heard that SMC:s are good too.
I only bought one once, battery was defective on arrival, returning it was such a pain that I didn't even bother. I'll never buy another one again. I've had Pro-Match, Thunder Power, Dynamite, etc. with no problems. Customer service isn't an issue until you need it. BTW, ordered from the USA warehouse, but it shipped from China, in spite of "being in stock" and took forever. No thanks.
Old 03-22-2013, 04:35 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

If you run nanotechs just set your lvc rediculious high, they just don't hold up well most of the time in 4x4 racing. Never take them to a true LVC and they will hold up longer, they just are what they are. I have tried a lot of different packs and the ip intellect 6800's and 7200's are outstanding and actually are a pretty nice price as well.
Old 03-22-2013, 05:46 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I started off running Gens Ace 45C and 65C - I can tell the difference in running the 65C. After a couple of months, I came across SMC and I started running the premium matched packs. Danny does his own matching and testing and rates them at a true 20C based on his tests. These easily outrun and outlast the Gens Ace packs. I've recently tried the SMC 7200 70C packs and they feel just the same as the premium certified packs he discontinued. I've noticed minor swelling, but nothing drastic at all. They are packaged in thin cases, so this could be why you actually feel it. The GA packs don't swell, but they also have a higher internal resistance. I can run the SMC packs with a Rx8, Revtech 4800 and 14T for 12 min and it's ballistic. Sometimes for fun, I crank the EPA up and run it outside on the golf course with an 18T and I get 10min out of it before shutting it down. That's when I usually get the swelling. But, that's quite a load on them.

I've been considering trying out the ProTek packs, but honestly don't have a real need right now with how the SMCs are running. SMC is also working on bringing in an 8000mAh pack soon. Oh, and I'm also running 2 of the 2s packs in my 1/8 Serpent 811 with a Rx8 and Tekin 2050. In this setup, I get 18min no prob and can dial it up from here.
Old 03-22-2013, 09:10 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

I have 4 nanotec battery's and all of them puff in my scte and lack the punch i get from other packs. Looking foward to trying ou some SMC packs when they are back in stock.
Old 03-22-2013, 09:22 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 121 (100%+)

Those of you that have puffed batteries of any brand, where do your have your LVC set on your esc? You should only be using 80% of the battery's capacity any more than that and you're asking for trouble.
Old 03-22-2013, 11:24 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 106 (100%+)

hoping someone has answers to a couple questions.
im going to be purchasing king headz center motor mounts.

Q1- will the hd lightened center outdrives work with the mount (king headz)?

Q2-do they make a hd center diff case?(ive only seen f/r)?
Old 03-22-2013, 11:38 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by subaru_tech
hoping someone has answers to a couple questions.
im going to be purchasing king headz center motor mounts.

Q1- will the hd lightened center outdrives work with the mount (king headz)?

Q2-do they make a hd center diff case?(ive only seen f/r)?
All parts work with each other. All diff cases are similar.

Last edited by nanoverse; 03-23-2013 at 05:32 AM.
Old 03-22-2013, 11:45 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by jayhawknavy02
I only bought one once, battery was defective on arrival, returning it was such a pain that I didn't even bother. I'll never buy another one again. I've had Pro-Match, Thunder Power, Dynamite, etc. with no problems. Customer service isn't an issue until you need it. BTW, ordered from the USA warehouse, but it shipped from China, in spite of "being in stock" and took forever. No thanks.
Really bad luck. Allmost all sc drivers use Nanotechs in all kinds of cars at our club and not one has had problems. Shipping has been as expected.
Old 03-23-2013, 07:31 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Nano's been rock solid for me for the past few years. Ya new packs for the Beginning of the year, But never the less. Ive had ZERO puffing and have my LVC set at 3.35

No i dont run my Stuff down to LVC, That's imo one of the worst thing's you can do to a pack.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.