Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2011, 05:45 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default shocks

Originally Posted by ChrisAttebery
I went to 27.5 in the rear and 32.5 in the front with the Lane setup. I also swapped the front spring to the Purple to suit my driving style(or lack thereof).
im also running the lane set up. thou im using 27.5 in front and 25 rear purple fr spring. orange spring rear no rebound. all i can say is its planted.
Old 10-13-2011, 06:05 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Hey guys, I will look at it more tonight. If I move the shocks to the outer location on the tower and the middle or inner location on the arms it is smooth. I will have to play around with it to get it smoother. For some reason it does not like the shocks layed over that much. I take the shocks off and it is super smooth. Brand new pins, aarms, hinge pin holders so no dirt stuck in it. I do think with the shocks layed down a little bit it is pushing out on the aarms a little causing a little bit of binding. I will figure it out tonight!!!!
Old 10-13-2011, 06:54 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 121 (100%+)

Buy a number 28 dril and use it as a arm reamer.

Originally Posted by suby723
Take a one size bigger drill bit and drill the hole bigger in the a-arm. Your feeling binding from the a-arm and the hinge pin.
Old 10-13-2011, 06:57 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 121 (100%+)

Alvin,

from what I remember the Ten-T shock pistons only had 2 holes drilled all the way through.

Chris

Originally Posted by alvinsmith75
Are the Ten T shocks and the SCTE shocks setup the same from the factory as far as the pistons go? I just built some ten t shocks emulsion style and they seem real stiff. Im using stock pistons and 30wt losi oil. I also moved the shock position to the Aaron Lane setup sheet. I have no binding at all in my arms. I also backed off the bottom shock cap a 1/4 of a turn in case the orings were sandwiched too tight. Please advise.
Old 10-13-2011, 07:00 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ChrisAttebery
Buy a number 28 dril and use it as a arm reamer.
Thanks Chris, I will get a drill bit today. By the way I probably have 40+ packs on your pins and when I took everything apart last night they looked like brand new, the gears do to by the way Casper and Ryan and all the Losi people on here. Got my truck in the beginning of June and I believe 2nd gen. Thanks everybody and I will be getting a 28 drill bit today at lunch!
Old 10-13-2011, 07:04 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jmc23
im also running the lane set up. thou im using 27.5 in front and 25 rear purple fr spring. orange spring rear no rebound. all i can say is its planted.
me to but blue in front 30 and 25
Old 10-13-2011, 07:05 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

btw ChrisAttebery your pins have at least 500 packs on them by now they look as New as day I bought them THANK YOU!
Old 10-13-2011, 07:06 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Feint Motion
I couldnt agree more.

Most of the guys here that want their truck to weigh Like a 2wd, mainly run indoor on road carpet or clay, no jumps.

He'll, even Casper said, you can lose some oz's from just upgrading some parts without even really trying
Thats not the case with myself. I think I have the lightest Losi I've seen, and I race almost entirely on huge outdoor 1/8th scale oriented tracks with monster jumps. I have yet to see a situation where lighter wasn't better with this truck, but you keyboard jockeys that have never ran one this light can just keep talking.....in the meantime I'll just keep winning!!

Good news for all of you though.....Denial is the first step to recovery!!
Old 10-13-2011, 07:39 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by larlev
Viper is about to change the game. A solid esc/motor for our trucks and still leave money left over for other upgrades.

at ridley last post.... lmao!
Old 10-13-2011, 07:43 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (96%+)

Originally Posted by Ridley
Thats not the case with myself. I think I have the lightest Losi I've seen, and I race almost entirely on huge outdoor 1/8th scale oriented tracks with monster jumps. I have yet to see a situation where lighter wasn't better with this truck, but you keyboard jockeys that have never ran one this light can just keep talking.....in the meantime I'll just keep winning!!

Good news for all of you though.....Denial is the first step to recovery!!
LoL
Old 10-13-2011, 08:15 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by mjealey
Hey guys I have a question for you. I just put Aaron Lane's setup in the rear of the truck. While I was at it I put all new a-arms, and rear end in the truck. I have the aluminum hingepin holders and am running 1 up in front/0 rear. I put the truck back together and noticed the movement was really stiff as far as the suspension goes. It almost feels like dirt is tuck in the hinge pin holders or something. When you press down on the truck to compress it, It basically just stays there with no rebound. Yes the shocks are built correctly, orange springs, and before I put the shocks on the suspension was perfectly free as I tested the hinge pin holders and everything. The shocks are on the outside of arm/ middle on tower so they are leaned over a decent amount. Is anybody else's like this with this setup in the truck?
If I had to guess without looking at the truck, if its doing what you say and you put new arms on it, you have some binding. When you put the extra degree kick in, you can have the arms rub the blocks due to the angle. You should be able to move the arms forward and back a very little amount. If you cannot, moves them a bunch, take them off the car and look at the wear marks on the arms where the hinge pin goes in, then dremel or sand some and put it back together. Do this until both have some forward to back play. Also, be sure the outer hinge pin nuts are not too tight. You want to tighten those nuts as tight as possibly with still being able to turn the hingepin with your fingers. Check the sway bar setscrews as well. Basically, take the shocks off and work on those arms until they move up and down freely. Then put the shocks back on, do not over tighten the nuts on the top of the shocks and set your ride height and good to go.

Originally Posted by alvinsmith75
Are the Ten T shocks and the SCTE shocks setup the same from the factory as far as the pistons go? I just built some ten t shocks emulsion style and they seem real stiff. Im using stock pistons and 30wt losi oil. I also moved the shock position to the Aaron Lane setup sheet. I have no binding at all in my arms. I also backed off the bottom shock cap a 1/4 of a turn in case the orings were sandwiched too tight. Please advise.
Well, no...lol. I actaully changed the TEN-T shocks to a 4 hole piston but its still a different size than what comes in the SCTE. The SCTE comes with #3 pistons all around.
Old 10-13-2011, 08:22 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 146 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hacker07

Well, no...lol. I actaully changed the TEN-T shocks to a 4 hole piston but its still a different size than what comes in the SCTE. The SCTE comes with #3 pistons all around.
now this is very interesting. i always assumed the ten-t's were equivalent to a #3. i like the way my front shocks felt so i kept the ten-t pistons in the front. which size/number are they most similar or equivalent to?
Old 10-13-2011, 08:31 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by RC*PHREAK
now this is very interesting. i always assumed the ten-t's were equivalent to a #3. i like the way my front shocks felt so i kept the ten-t pistons in the front. which size/number are they most similar or equivalent to?
They are like a number 2 piston.
Old 10-13-2011, 08:34 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 146 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hacker07
They are like a number 2 piston.
ok, thanks. makes me wonder if the guy i bought it from drilled out the pistons as it doesn't feel how i would expect a #2 to feel.
Old 10-13-2011, 08:40 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

hey guys i was looking on losi website and saw the lighter tuned chassis do you all think it is worth it or no

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.