Search
Like Tree48Likes

Hyper TT 4wd 1/10th Truggy Thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2010, 07:59 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cody01
Ya, the pushing factor for the 550 is less heat. All of 540s seem to build alot of heat from pretty early in a run and I don't even run 3s.
It would run cooler if you were running 3S.....with a lower kV, VXL vs. a 4.5 on 2S.

If I were just gonna be bashing around with it I would get a 550, but since it will be raced more than it will be bashed I am going with a 540. A guy at our local track is running a Tekin RS w/6.5 and he is temping out around 130 after a 15 minute run. That to me is pretty good and not too hot at all.

Hopefully you will be able to find something that will work for ya and put a smile on your face.
Old 11-13-2010, 08:34 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ambryatim
It would run cooler if you were running 3S.....with a lower kV, VXL vs. a 4.5 on 2S.

If I were just gonna be bashing around with it I would get a 550, but since it will be raced more than it will be bashed I am going with a 540. A guy at our local track is running a Tekin RS w/6.5 and he is temping out around 130 after a 15 minute run. That to me is pretty good and not too hot at all.

Hopefully you will be able to find something that will work for ya and put a smile on your face.
Old 11-13-2010, 08:36 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by ambryatim

The Vxl doesn't do real well on 3s, it tends to build excessive heat.
Old 11-13-2010, 09:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

i talked to one of the guys at ofna and he has a 550 4.5 ballistic and he said he has the lowend punch but the 540 motors will pull past him on the straights. i got the 540 cause i race it and never bash the truck.
Old 11-13-2010, 11:45 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

are these crt.5'swith the extended chassis, pillow ball front end and brushless conversion?

i just built a crt.5 like that...went mmpro/novak HV 7.5 on 3s but i'm unsure what gearing to try 1st

Last edited by streetsports; 11-14-2010 at 12:59 AM.
Old 11-14-2010, 07:37 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by carcrazy699
i talked to one of the guys at ofna and he has a 550 4.5 ballistic and he said he has the lowend punch but the 540 motors will pull past him on the straights. i got the 540 cause i race it and never bash the truck.
I am intrigued by the 4 pole SCT. When I was running with the VXL it had gobs of torque but the top end was weak. Why are the Tekin combos so much more the rest. I thaught about the havoc pro SC/550 combo but i don't really care for Novaks ESCs. I'd like the option to run 3s but I don't normally, and i don't want to have to worry about heat issues.
Old 11-14-2010, 12:27 PM
Tech Elite

I need more steering........we had to slow down to a crawl in the middle section.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-350p...layer_embedded
Old 11-14-2010, 01:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Toiffel
I need more steering........we had to slow down to a crawl in the middle section.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-350p...layer_embedded
dang that track is tiny! that looks better matched for a mini revo lol.

try putting in lighter fluid in the rear. im going to be trying 3/3/1 to see how it handles
Old 11-14-2010, 03:33 PM
Tech Initiate

With a track like that, stand the rear shock all the way out on the rear tower (lower holes) and in on arm, run LESS droop in the rear and put Losi Blue rear buggy springs on rear shocks with stock oil (30), Take off front sway bar, put 3,5,1 and try my steering mod!

Ray
Old 11-14-2010, 04:19 PM
Tech Addict

can anybody help me?...i was thinking 14t...also has anybody compared this chassis to the extended crt.5 chassis?...and has anybody used this chassis on there crt.5?

Originally Posted by streetsports
are these crt.5'swith the extended chassis, pillow ball front end and brushless conversion?

i just built a crt.5 like that...went mmpro/novak HV 7.5 on 3s but i'm unsure what gearing to try 1st
Old 11-14-2010, 05:40 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ray Rabe
Hey guys I just wanted to let everyone know what to get for the steering mod I did which works great! I was the yellow OfnaTT in the video at Mikes Hobby Shop. All you need to buy are;
1. Any 1" turnbuckle (Lunsford or Associated and since they come in a pair, you can split the cost with a buddy since you each only need one turnbuckle )
2. Lunsford LONG ballstuds
3. Long RPM ballcups
4. Two washers roughly 5mm (I used my old limiters that came with my Losi shock rebuild cartriges. It comes with two in a pack, use the BIGGER one)

Now for the steps installing the rack;
1. Take out the crappy silver "rack"
2. Put one washer under each ballstud and screw it in from the bottom of the steering posts, NOT THE TOP (the new rack will be under the front coupling instead of the top like the old one)
3. Screw your RPM ballcups on turnbuckle till it bottoms out. Yes screw all the way in till it stops. Pop the ballcups on the ballstuds under the front coupling. (The easiest way to do it for me was pop on one side first, than slide the turnbuckle under the coupling and pop on the other)
4. Make sure you have no subtrim in your steering and recenter your servo. After recentering your servo adjust your toe in/out accordingly to your preference, than adjust your enpoints on your radio to limit or add travel. Drive it and you should notice quite a difference!

I hope I didnt make this sound to difficult to understand! But if ya got any questions feel free to ask. Thanks guys,
Ray
Ray knows his stuff. He is always very helpful if I ever have any questions.
Old 11-14-2010, 07:17 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ray Rabe
With a track like that, stand the rear shock all the way out on the rear tower (lower holes) and in on arm, run LESS droop in the rear and put Losi Blue rear buggy springs on rear shocks with stock oil (30), Take off front sway bar, put 3,5,1 and try my steering mod!

Ray
Hi Ray,

I have 7,7,3 in my TT now. I have very little on power steering. Set-up is stock shock oils, front bar is 4mm rear is 1mm. shocks are all in the stock locations. Caster is all stock (full). I'm looking for more on power steering. maybe 7,7,1? What is the steering mod? Part numbers please.

here is a vid of the track I run on.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 11-14-2010, 08:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by angrymelon
The CRT .5 was a Hong Nor product. The Hyper 10TT is a Ho Bao product. More likely it was based off of their own Hyper Mini STe.

-melon
ok so i read through some pages as i dont have the time to read through all 40+ pages there is a mod on the sc version to change from pivot ball to chub ill post the pic if nec. or refer to last page on barnstormers thread. the video posted is our maiden voyageas there is a lot of interest on our track. werace on a large track outside but yes its small inside.im the orange one that yes had a shaky start but got better. i left the stock diff setup and could get the rear to rotate butam weary on leaving grease in the diffs. so
1. any ideas on how to change to c-hub front as we all experienced isses of pillow balls coming loose on hubs as i guess since there getting hard to find this must be common
2.what diff fluid will give me same feel as stock as i drove tioffel's which did not rotate at all???
thanks all help is appreciated as our track will have 5-6 more next week
love it fun as hell although i do see how we need to make it more durable with rear hubs n top plate..lol
Old 11-14-2010, 08:43 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by S/X Runner
Hi Ray,

I have 7,7,3 in my TT now. I have very little on power steering. Set-up is stock shock oils, front bar is 4mm rear is 1mm. shocks are all in the stock locations. Caster is all stock (full). I'm looking for more on power steering. maybe 7,7,1? What is the steering mod? Part numbers please.

here is a vid of the track I run on.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
That's pretty cool.
Old 11-14-2010, 08:44 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I think those things are really cool.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.