Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by justbeastit
90 degrees F
damn...
Old 02-07-2011, 06:55 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Well, since they won't let us run with 1/10 4wd buggy at our track...I've decided to see what kind of fun I could have onroad - speed runs and drag racing. After swapping out a bunch of pieces and parts and throwing a 4 cell on this thing this is what I'm left with These things are so much fun. I can't wait to throw a 6 cell on it. After almost 15 min of nonstop full throttle passes, the motor was 108 degrees and the battery was barely half drained. Can't wait to bring this out to the drags this spring/summer. Vids coming soon!
Attached Thumbnails Hyper TT 4wd 1/10th Truggy Thread-044.jpg   Hyper TT 4wd 1/10th Truggy Thread-045.jpg   Hyper TT 4wd 1/10th Truggy Thread-047.jpg  
Old 02-07-2011, 07:01 PM
Tech Adept

i like that aluminium plate you have to protect the esc, my esc clears the drive shaft by only 4mm, may have to make one myself
Old 02-07-2011, 07:03 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by redthunder
i like that aluminium plate you have to protect the esc, my esc clears the drive shaft by only 4mm, may have to make one myself
Thanks. I had it double sided taped to the servo plate but it wasn't secure enough. I also wanted to keep all the weight up front to keep from doing wheelies. Man, when you jam on the throttle this thing just rockets to full speed.
Old 02-07-2011, 07:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by justbeastit
Well, since they won't let us run with 1/10 4wd buggy at our track...I've decided to see what kind of fun I could have onroad - speed runs and drag racing. After swapping out a bunch of pieces and parts and throwing a 4 cell on this thing this is what I'm left with These things are so much fun. I can't wait to throw a 6 cell on it. After almost 15 min of nonstop full throttle passes, the motor was 108 degrees and the battery was barely half drained. Can't wait to bring this out to the drags this spring/summer. Vids coming soon!
Looking good, I did the same with my hyper10sc...2650 on 5s, absolutly ballistic... How do you like the trackstar esc?
Old 02-07-2011, 07:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

doh!
Old 02-07-2011, 11:40 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Has anyone got a picture of a TT next to a Short Course Truck?
Old 02-08-2011, 12:27 AM
Tech Adept

really? huh... well the gear mesh is fine, set it with the peice of paper method, and it rolls nicely, i can turn the pinion quite easly by hand or finger i should say, so i dont really know why its getting so hot I don't have a temp gun but i'm assuming if you cant hold your finger on the motor for longer then a second after a ten minute run then its probably too hot,

i had a 15t pinion on it before, changed to a 13t, but it gets to the same temp as the 15 did only slower

any other suggestions would help, i am running on carpet if that makes any difference.
Try other timing settings.What esc/settings do you have? I ran the lowest possible for my ESC(and sensorless mode)Also check the end bell screws(these for timing)
Old 02-08-2011, 12:27 AM
Tech Adept

well, back from the track, pulled the car apart to check for binding, found none, and if anyone has the problem of the diff gears grinding on the pinion gear in the diff, i found if you loosen the screws on the diff gear off a bit, give it a few runs, it sorts itself out, the spinning force perfectly straightens the diff gears and the grinding is gone

anyway back to the problem, so no binding on the drive train, reset the gear mesh, and it still runs hot... the guys at the track couldn't figure it out nor the guys in the hobby shop... so any thoughts? suggestions? cause i have now idea how to cool the motor down,

settings on my xerun 120a esc are:

no boost(lowest setting)
no turbo
no timing or boost acceleration, basically everything at the lowest possible setting...
Old 02-08-2011, 03:32 AM
Tech Adept

It seems like a bad motor for me.I can't think anything else...
Old 02-08-2011, 06:44 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

really? huh... well the gear mesh is fine, set it with the peice of paper method, and it rolls nicely, i can turn the pinion quite easly by hand or finger i should say, so i dont really know why its getting so hot I don't have a temp gun but i'm assuming if you cant hold your finger on the motor for longer then a second after a ten minute run then its probably too hot,

i had a 15t pinion on it before, changed to a 13t, but it gets to the same temp as the 15 did only slower

any other suggestions would help, i am running on carpet if that makes any difference.
First thing is buy or borrow a temp gun and give actual temp measurements.

I run a 540 Fantom 8.5 in mine with the 13 tooth pinion. I have the boost all the way up and turbo of 10..it fast and smooth to drive. Mine runs right with Tekin 550 4.5 down the 100 ' straight. I ran a whole pack through it after racing the other day (5000 MAH 2S) and put my finger on it and thought..it might be a little hot, threw the temp gun on it 113 deg...no problem.

You have to Temp it with a gun. If it temps above 140 then borrow a RX8 from someone for a quick run..if it's still hot, try a different motor. Hopefully you have some frieds at the track that will loan you some stuff for a few runs to get it sorted out...although 120 deg will be hot to your finger, yet not an issue "IF" that's the temp after your main.

Mike
Old 02-08-2011, 07:07 AM
Tech Initiate

Ok help me out real quick guys. I got the rtr in the mail, but I'm pretty sure it will be quite underpowered. I have read this entire thread over the last day or so and have a pretty good idea on what to do set up wise. I know as soon as I have the coin there will be a new powerplant in this thing, have read many opinions on this too. I would like to be different though, would the speedpassion silver arrow 3.5t be good in this truck. The closest track is large, outdoor, and fast. We mostly run my a friends house we whore all the grass down into a huge flat oval. He is running a slash4x4 on 3s with the "traxxas high speed pinion". I would love to out run him in the LONG straights and out drive him in the turns. I think I picked the right truck to do it, just need help on motors, and what esc should I run with the 3.5t? Thanks for any help!
Old 02-08-2011, 07:26 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by symmetricon
How do you like the trackstar esc?
So far I love it. For the money you can't beat it. 6S and 150a continuous for 70 bucks -hell yes. I run 2 mamba max pros on my 2 4wd scts and a mamba monster on my ebuggy. I have to use a capacitor or a bec with all of them along with my spektrum radio gear. The trackstar esc seems to cut out every now and then, but so did my mamba escs when geared through the roof. I'm going to put a BEC on it later today and see if that "glitching" goes away. But for bashing around this thing works great. The program card is very similar to the castle field programmer card.
Old 02-08-2011, 07:29 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by miket3
First thing is buy or borrow a temp gun and give actual temp measurements.

I run a 540 Fantom 8.5 in mine with the 13 tooth pinion. I have the boost all the way up and turbo of 10..it fast and smooth to drive. Mine runs right with Tekin 550 4.5 down the 100 ' straight. I ran a whole pack through it after racing the other day (5000 MAH 2S) and put my finger on it and thought..it might be a little hot, threw the temp gun on it 113 deg...no problem.

You have to Temp it with a gun. If it temps above 140 then borrow a RX8 from someone for a quick run..if it's still hot, try a different motor. Hopefully you have some frieds at the track that will loan you some stuff for a few runs to get it sorted out...although 120 deg will be hot to your finger, yet not an issue "IF" that's the temp after your main.

Mike
forgot to mention, the motor has 15 degrees of timing already on it, the end bell i mean, would that cause high temps?
but i asked this before and one of the novak guys on this forum said not to change the timing on the motor, just the esc settings

anyway, i have a motor fan coming in the mail, sooo yeah, should have ordered a temp gun with it...
Old 02-08-2011, 07:43 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Farmer_John
So has anyone tried swapping over to the C hub front end off the Jammin?

I hate pillow ball front ends...
Does anyone have a fix for the steerings knuckles? I have been seeing them break left and right.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.