Search
Like Tree80Likes

Durango DEX210 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2013, 03:28 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bman's 3XNT
The front kickup wears and becomes fragile. It cracks right at the bend. I could help you with that. Cheap insurance for a normally $180 chassis. Pm if your interested. Thanks....
I'm unable to post pics but I installed the front and rear skid and they are perfect... Very light weight and supportive.
Old 03-22-2013, 03:42 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TAMAK
Yep, I explained how a few pages back. I did it right after I saw Jorn do it at the last EOS.
cool, might have to give that try. got a big race tomorrow.

thanks
Old 03-23-2013, 03:10 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Walkman
I received my 8-Racing carbon chassis that I ordered direct from 8-racing.
9 total days from Germany to IL! Plus saves $60 when you count shipping costs.

Now, I love this thing it took a little to get use to the added flex and light weight. I'm now sitting at 1505 grams in full race trim.
do yourself a favor and get bmans front and rear brace with the money you saved so the chassis doesnt snap front or back. i got the rear brace that hooks the rf holder, cuz i've seen the rf holder sheer the carbon into pieces. his braces have bulletproofed my chassis and i take some pretty wicked hits. cant reccomend enough for the carbon chassis. up front is really weak too, even version 2 of chassis.
Old 03-23-2013, 06:20 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kerby
I'm unable to post pics but I installed the front and rear skid and they are perfect... Very light weight and supportive.
Originally Posted by glenng
do yourself a favor and get bmans front and rear brace with the money you saved so the chassis doesnt snap front or back. i got the rear brace that hooks the rf holder, cuz i've seen the rf holder sheer the carbon into pieces. his braces have bulletproofed my chassis and i take some pretty wicked hits. cant reccomend enough for the carbon chassis. up front is really weak too, even version 2 of chassis.
Thanks guys for the positive feedback! Gotta go to the shop to make the next big thing............
Old 03-23-2013, 06:32 AM
Tech Elite

This was the last project I did back at Christmas break....
Attached Thumbnails Durango DEX210 Thread-310.jpg  
Old 03-23-2013, 09:20 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by glenng
Yeah..watched my buddy break the front of his his 8 racing chassis..the version 2..I was thinking about getting one till I saw his break, I'm going to get the plus 10 aluminum chassis..
Old 03-23-2013, 10:40 AM
P6
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

has anyone else bent lunsford hinge pins , when i snapped a arm the other day the hinge pin was difficult to get out... the inner front arm hinge pin is slightly bent i have the revolution design alum front suspension block and it bent at the rear part of the arm did I maybe get a bad set of pins or is this normal? ,, i can see the bend by looking down it or rolling on a flat surface but its still straight enough not to bind at all

edit what foams blocks fit good in the battery tray? right now im using a cut up old dremel case foam
Old 03-23-2013, 11:30 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Who makes a +10 aluminum chassis? I haven't heard anything about those.
Old 03-23-2013, 12:04 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SOuthernFRIED
Who makes a +10 aluminum chassis? I haven't heard anything about those.

Tresery
Old 03-23-2013, 12:25 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by P6
has anyone else bent lunsford hinge pins , when i snapped a arm the other day the hinge pin was difficult to get out... the inner front arm hinge pin is slightly bent i have the revolution design alum front suspension block and it bent at the rear part of the arm did I maybe get a bad set of pins or is this normal? ,, i can see the bend by looking down it or rolling on a flat surface but its still straight enough not to bind at all

edit what foams blocks fit good in the battery tray? right now im using a cut up old dremel case foam
I had the lunsford titanium hingepin kit. and also bent several hingpins. I did not crash or broke a-arms. they just bend.
they are no better then the stock durango hingepins
Old 03-23-2013, 01:36 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

This was the last project I did back at Christmas break....
I like !
Old 03-23-2013, 05:07 PM
Tech Elite

Hey guys been tossing around a few ideas. What would you guys like to see for options parts on the 210. If I get enough interest, I might be able to make it happen........Thanks
Old 03-23-2013, 06:48 PM
P6
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Hey guys been tossing around a few ideas. What would you guys like to see for options parts on the 210. If I get enough interest, I might be able to make it happen........Thanks
steering knuckles, shock caps and collars that aren't gold or red maybe silver, TD320121 that brace thinned down in the rear where it looks like a sway bar should be and itll change the way the chassis flexes ,,just some ideas i don't see much else that would benefit from aluminum that's not out their and maybe a front bumper that's rounded a little more so it wont dig so much when landing on the front end maybe include the hinge pin brace in the bumper so it can be smaller also
Old 03-24-2013, 12:14 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by P6
don't have a ex210 but I use these on my sc210 and they work great! http://www.hpiracing.com/products/en/86968/
Old 03-24-2013, 12:25 AM
ekt
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by P6

RDRP make foam blocks suited to padding shorties http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...tery-Block-Set

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.