Search
Like Tree80Likes

Durango DEX210 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2012, 11:36 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dolfns1
Thinking of putting a tekin rs & 10.5 gen 2 motor into my 210 . Thoughts what r most people running??

Speed passion?
Hobby wing?

Cost not an issue as much as Quailty product. Thanks
you can't go wrong with Tekin, I run one with a 8.5
also have a Viper 8.5 combo that works just as well and Zero issues.
Old 11-29-2012, 02:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by qwkpony
The amount of advertisement on this site has just gotten outrageous. Is it just me? I understand they need to make a few bucks....but dang! This is worst than any other site I currently frequent (RC or otherwise). I'm seriously considering moving on to some other RC related site.
its your computer mate i have none apart from 1 banner up the top of each page only on the 3 different computers i use for this site

to me its one of the best for no advertising IMO
Old 11-29-2012, 04:10 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Redwings
I was having problems with my tranny over the weekend...
Originally Posted by Randy_Pike
Make sure you're thrust bearing snap ring is installed properly.

Post 8604. I don't care who you are, that's funny right there.

Sean
Old 11-29-2012, 04:17 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Double post

Last edited by ewashburnaf; 11-30-2012 at 04:55 AM.
Old 11-29-2012, 04:18 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

What are most people using for shock oil/springs?? Is there a good starting point with the stock springs?
Old 11-29-2012, 04:19 PM
Tech Regular

Ok real reason I'm trolling around in here is to ask what the carpet guys are running for tires? If any Ontario guys are hanging around, the buggy will spend some time running around Universal Raceway in Mississauga. I was looking at Proline Scrubs, Proline Suburbs or AKA Rebars. Would these still be too much traction? Last Sunday there was a guy running a 1/8 4wd buggy on some road slicks and it seemed to have good traction but I realize that's a bit heavier than a 1/10 2wd.

Sean
Old 11-29-2012, 04:42 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Radi0Flyer
Ok real reason I'm trolling around in here is to ask what the carpet guys are running for tires? If any Ontario guys are hanging around, the buggy will spend some time running around Universal Raceway in Mississauga. I was looking at Proline Scrubs, Proline Suburbs or AKA Rebars. Would these still be too much traction? Last Sunday there was a guy running a 1/8 4wd buggy on some road slicks and it seemed to have good traction but I realize that's a bit heavier than a 1/10 2wd.

Sean
Im running carpet and we run mini pin (blue) rear, and mini spike and stagger rib fronts depending on your setup
Old 11-29-2012, 05:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

just want to say thanks for the heads up and tips on gearing i had been playing around with a lot of gearing in this mod buggy

but looks like i have settled for 81/24 now as it gives more of a range on the trigger

now to run heaps of laps on the new 8mm plastic chassis to get it right to my liking

as my stock buggy runs the 8mm carbon fibre chassis and i love it
Old 11-29-2012, 05:24 PM
Tech Initiate

was using de racing rear wheels. switched back to stock durango wheels and now no binding at all. no shimms needed.
Old 11-29-2012, 08:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I just got some final pricing on getting some alloy +8mm chassis made for the dex210. Due to the upfront cost, I need to do a run of 50 chassis to keep it cost effective. It will be $65 plus shipping for the chassis. That would get you a hard anodized chassis and black anodized spacers, all the stock parts bolt right on to it, as will the stock body with the front body post moved forward 8mm. They will look very factory. They end up being more then I expected but there is no way I can get them any cheaper then that. As of now I don't have the cash to front the whole project unless I can get 25 pre ordered paid in full so I'm now looking into other possible ways of distributing them. If you interested, please send me a pm. They'll come to about $80 shipped in North America.
Old 11-29-2012, 08:53 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcjunky1
I just got some final pricing on getting some alloy +8mm chassis made for the dex210. Due to the upfront cost, I need to do a run of 50 chassis to keep it cost effective. It will be $65 plus shipping for the chassis. That would get you a hard anodized chassis and black anodized spacers, all the stock parts bolt right on to it, as will the stock body with the front body post moved forward 8mm. They will look very factory. They end up being more then I expected but there is no way I can get them any cheaper then that. As of now I don't have the cash to front the whole project unless I can get 25 pre ordered paid in full so I'm now looking into other possible ways of distributing them. If you interested, please send me a pm. They'll come to about $80 shipped in North America.
Once you get the 25 pre-orders, how long will it take to start shipping out?
Old 11-29-2012, 09:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Should be a couple weeks max. Its about 2 full days of work once material is aquired (which isn't long) the only reason I don't have a solid answer is I don't know how long it will take for all the anodizing. I think the hard anodizers do it once a week, so up to a week for them to be done, I think. I want to say no more then 3 weeks from the time the production starts to the time I have them shipping out. I just got final pricing about an hour ago hence the slight uncertainty in timing. I won't take any money before I know when they'll be ready to ship.
Old 11-30-2012, 04:58 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by vw addict
Im running carpet and we run mini pin (blue) rear, and mini spike and stagger rib fronts depending on your setup
I consider myself beeing of one of the "carpet guys"
and in our place we're running Schumacher Mini Pin yellow compound (med. inserts) rear and yellow low profile Cut Stagger in front, most of the time. DBoots Nanobyte and Blockpath are quite popular as well.
Old 11-30-2012, 05:34 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

What kind of setup are you carpet guy's running? I must find a setup! The Losi guy's are killing me. Im the only durango in a feild of mostly Losi.
Old 11-30-2012, 06:49 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Radi0Flyer

Sean
Sean, everyone running 1/10 buggies at Universal run Schumacher Mini Pins Yellow and Stagger Cut Low Profile Yellow. Inserts vary from open cell medium to closed cell firm -- personal preference. I wouldn't recommend any road-style tire for the 1/10 buggies. In fact, those guys running the road tires on the E-Buggies are not the fastest guys, the fast guys run Mini Pins or Mini Spikes.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.