R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Like Tree23Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-25-2013, 02:58 PM   #11731
Tech Rookie
 
Hazzmatt1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Central CAL
Posts: 8
Questions?? Shock Oil

Sooooooooooo I'm changing my shock oil to 40w however the only oil I had was from my HPI 5SC 1/5.

The oil is petro vs sillycone...............QUESTION is what is the difference going to be??????

Matt
Hazzmatt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 02:25 AM   #11732
Tech Elite
 
madweazl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Woodbridge, VA
Posts: 2,578
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazzmatt1 View Post
Sooooooooooo I'm changing my shock oil to 40w however the only oil I had was from my HPI 5SC 1/5.

The oil is petro vs sillycone...............QUESTION is what is the difference going to be??????

Matt
I'm not familiar with the oil in question but there are typically do different standards, CST and WT. There is a bit of variation between the two standards and another slight difference between manufacturers with the same standard (ie Associated oil may not be the same viscosity as Losi). I guess in reality, WT isnt a standard unit of measurement but that opens another can of worms.
__________________
RadioPost
Mugen MBX7r | CRE Picco 5TR/2120 | Hitec 7950/7940
Tekno NB48 | B6 Pro/2058 | Hitec 7950/7940
Kyosho RB6 | Viper VTX10r/Reedy Mach 3 9.5 | Hitec 7940
Schumacher SX3 Pro | Viper VTX10r/Reedy Mach 2 8.5 | Hitec 7940
madweazl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 05:49 AM   #11733
Tech Fanatic
 
McD44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Kalamazoo
Posts: 785
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazzmatt1 View Post
Sooooooooooo I'm changing my shock oil to 40w however the only oil I had was from my HPI 5SC 1/5.

The oil is petro vs sillycone...............QUESTION is what is the difference going to be??????

Matt
Your o-rings may swell. I can't say with certainty but it is a possibility.
__________________
-Sean McDermott
Team Durango DEX210 | Team Durango DEX410v3 | Team Durango DESC410v2 | Team Durango DEST210R | "Whew, tires are expensive!"
McD44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 04:50 AM   #11734
Tech Adept
 
cyclone's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 235
Default

thanks for your help on here guys its really useful!

My latest problem I'm finding is the ball is popping off the bottom of the front shocks and making the car feel strange in most runs, i don't want to have to buy new ball parts (or shock ends) though, is there another solution to prevent this? I tried it with the ball piece in both ways round and the problem was least bad in this position.

THanks!


cyclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 04:58 AM   #11735
Tech Fanatic
 
McD44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Kalamazoo
Posts: 785
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

Your only real solution is new shock ends. Yours is worn to a point where that will keep happening no matter what.
__________________
-Sean McDermott
Team Durango DEX210 | Team Durango DEX410v3 | Team Durango DESC410v2 | Team Durango DEST210R | "Whew, tires are expensive!"
McD44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 11:07 AM   #11736
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 45
Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)
Default

Got a question for you guys running the B Fast diff kit in your durango. I ordered the Pro Drivers kit with the rings.carbide balls, and ceramic thrust bearing. Here is the problem. The balls that come with the kit are bigger than the balls in the stock durango thrust. Also if you try and use the washers and balls that come in the B Fast kit they aren't as thick as the stock durango thrust therefore the c clip won't hold it tight. Any ideas?
durangoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 12:49 PM   #11737
Tech Initiate
 
Bigrigger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Barrie, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 22
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by durangoman View Post
Got a question for you guys running the B Fast diff kit in your durango. I ordered the Pro Drivers kit with the rings.carbide balls, and ceramic thrust bearing. Here is the problem. The balls that come with the kit are bigger than the balls in the stock durango thrust. Also if you try and use the washers and balls that come in the B Fast kit they aren't as thick as the stock durango thrust therefore the c clip won't hold it tight. Any ideas?
Awesome. I just ordered the exact same thing.
__________________
C4.2 B5 B44.2 LRP FLOW Airtronics M11x
Bigrigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 02:20 PM   #11738
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 45
Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigrigger View Post
Awesome. I just ordered the exact same thing.
Lol tell me about it.
durangoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 02:27 PM   #11739
Tech Master
 
RC10Nick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 1,297
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

have you tried contacting bfast? Maybe it's a mix up in the order? Can't imagine they'd sell something that didn't fit.
__________________
JT RC Products
https://www.facebook.com/JTRCProducts/
RC10Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 02:47 PM   #11740
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 45
Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC10Nick View Post
have you tried contacting bfast? Maybe it's a mix up in the order? Can't imagine they'd sell something that didn't fit.
Yes i was told to use the one that comes in the kit. That is my problem.
durangoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 07:28 PM   #11741
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 3,842
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by durangoman View Post
Yes i was told to use the one that comes in the kit. That is my problem.
It works perfectly fine, I've built a few and never had an issue with the B Fast thrust. The diff bolt with draw the thrust assembly tight against the circlip (just as the stock one does) when you tighten the diff halves together. No cause for concern there.
__________________
Serpent America/Desoto Racing- www.serpentamerica.com
TrakPower Speed Equipment- www.trakpowerusa.com
B Fast RC Performance- www.bfastrc.com
Futaba | Strictly R/C- Norridge, IL
Thank you all for the help and support!
Jonny5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 08:05 PM   #11742
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 45
Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonny5 View Post
It works perfectly fine, I've built a few and never had an issue with the B Fast thrust. The diff bolt with draw the thrust assembly tight against the circlip (just as the stock one does) when you tighten the diff halves together. No cause for concern there.
Thanks Jonny5. That is all i needed to know.
durangoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 08:28 PM   #11743
Tech Elite
 
platgof's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 2,730
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

I personally like the Acer carbide bearings, work great. Had a great night racing and took 3rd in the main, and had a first in the second heat. Starting to get the hang of it. I am running the rear shock setup.
platgof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 06:13 AM   #11744
Tech Adept
 
Brownie.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Adelaide
Posts: 239
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Does anyone else have issues with their 210's jumping inconsistently? No matter what I try I keep ending up on my lid. Ive tried other brands of car on the same track and have no issues with the jumps. Just the 210.
__________________
Not My Problem
Brownie. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 06:33 AM   #11745
Tech Master
 
RC10Nick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 1,297
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brownie. View Post
Does anyone else have issues with their 210's jumping inconsistently? No matter what I try I keep ending up on my lid. Ive tried other brands of car on the same track and have no issues with the jumps. Just the 210.
What pistons are you using? My car jumped much better after I switched from the kit 6 hole to a 4 hole.
__________________
JT RC Products
https://www.facebook.com/JTRCProducts/
RC10Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
St Ives RC Club B4Bandit Australian Racing 16564 08-19-2017 05:06 AM
EPMTs check in here. (a subsidiary of TNT) overtki11 Singapore R/C Racers 55470 05-07-2017 11:57 PM
Team Durango DEX410 ASH93A Australian Racing 925 04-08-2013 09:51 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 09:13 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net