Wiki Posts
Search

Roar Region 8 off road champs

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2008, 03:40 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RBMike
I'm so sick of ROAR, We need a new association. ROAR: Modified rules should allow people to run modified. If you give us a list of what we can run, it's not really an open class now is it? They are too slow to adapt to what the racers want to do & they allow individuals who operate RC businesses to write the rules. No conflict of interest there.
ROAR also has to follow IFMAR rules when it comes to mod motors. So while you may be upset at them, IFMAR sets the standard internationally. ROAR cannot just go out and change rules at a whim without working with the other IFMAR affiliated racing bodies, especially in a class that competes on the international level like Mod-2wd and 4wd. So you may think that it is corporate hacking, where ROAR went out and said, let's screw Castle and put a lot of extra dough in Novak and LRP's hands, it's probably not true.

Here is a link to the IFMAR motor rules: http://www.ifmar.org/pdf/electric/IF...ess_motors.pdf

Also, thought I would add, that Ernie Provetti is a member of IFMAR and his own sensorless motors are illegal.

Paul
Old 08-12-2008, 04:13 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RBMike
I'm so sick of ROAR, We need a new association. ROAR: Modified rules should allow people to run modified. If you give us a list of what we can run, it's not really an open class now is it? They are too slow to adapt to what the racers want to do & they allow individuals who operate RC businesses to write the rules. No conflict of interest there.
Nice.
Old 08-12-2008, 07:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

guys, I'm sorry I started this and it blew into such a huge deal. I should have gone directly to the race director. It's obvious this issue will not go to rest anytime soon.

So lets get back on topic on the race.
Old 08-12-2008, 07:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Alberico - ygpm.
Old 08-12-2008, 07:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

What ever the decision, I still plan to attend this race. Can't say the same for many others I race with. I would just like to hear sooner rather than later.

I am looking forward to this race, as it kicks off the electric offroad season in this area. Hoping for a layout with a good mix of speed and technical sections. I most always like the layouts that the guys come up with. My cars are exploded in my pit getting an overhaul to make sure everything is ready. Looking forward to seeing everyone there!
Old 08-12-2008, 07:44 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I vote for a quarter pipe.
Old 08-12-2008, 07:55 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by FroBoy
I vote for a quarter pipe.
LOL....ROAR region 8 X-Games.
Old 08-12-2008, 08:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

It is a hobby and as such we the customers are in control of when and where we race. If the event does not allow equipment that a person is currently running then I would just not go. The track decided to host a ROAR event. ROAR did not pick them. In doing so the track said we are going to use these rules on this weekend to pick a champ. I have been to many Chilli races and Billy throws great events. Would I be disapointed that I did not have the right equipment to attend this race...yep. But I would not take it personal. If he allowed them at his non-roar events....I would just wait for that to come around. ROAR has their rules. Chilli decided to use them for that weekend. There are other tracks....go have fun....this is a hobby... suppose to be fun!

Jeff
Old 08-12-2008, 08:43 PM
Tech Regular

THE END!!!!
Old 08-13-2008, 01:52 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

LOL fine, the end.

I'll go to Chilli just to hang out. I'll have more time to goof off and run smack in the pits now that I'll probably only run mod buggy and skip mod truck and 4wd. I've never run just one class.

Anyone up for some VRC racing in the pits? Maybe we can get at least a couple laptops running so we can race head to head. Last time we did that I think I beat Rico and Cody!!!! Can't do it on the track so may as well try it on VRC
Old 08-13-2008, 07:08 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by David Alberico
guys, I'm sorry I started this and it blew into such a huge deal. I should have gone directly to the race director. It's obvious this issue will not go to rest anytime soon.

So lets get back on topic on the race.
No you did the right thing. Good luck at the race what ever you decide to do.
Old 08-13-2008, 07:13 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by glassdoctor
LOL fine, the end.

I'll go to Chilli just to hang out. I'll have more time to goof off and run smack in the pits now that I'll probably only run mod buggy and skip mod truck and 4wd. I've never run just one class.

Anyone up for some VRC racing in the pits? Maybe we can get at least a couple laptops running so we can race head to head. Last time we did that I think I beat Rico and Cody!!!! Can't do it on the track so may as well try it on VRC
I tried that VRC racing a few times and damn that is harder for me to do than the real thing. I'm terrible at that game.
Old 08-13-2008, 07:47 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

We have also done the offroad Real-Rc game too... that's the one we were doing head-to-head at Chilli

VRC offroad would be sweet
Old 08-13-2008, 09:02 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by glassdoctor
We have also done the offroad Real-Rc game too... that's the one we were doing head-to-head at Chilli

VRC offroad would be sweet
Cool. I never played that one before. Sounds like alot of fun.
Old 08-13-2008, 09:09 AM
Tech Elite

Wow.. just read this thread..

you guys are brutal.

So, lets get this straight... you want a motor legal for this event, that I can't see where its been sanctioned or listed on the ROAR website as a Regional event and preventing any date conflicts... but you want a motor legal that

1. has never been submitted
2. has never paid the approval fee of $350.00 per wind and 5 motors for teardown to verify its components
3. and.. did I forget.. has never been submitted.

How in the heck is ROAR supposed to say... oh, ok... these guys are complaining about ROAR so lets stroke their wounds and let them have whatever motor they want to run and be dang the rules or fairness to other MFG's that did submit their products.......

If you want Castle Creations motors on the ROAR list.... then get Castle Creations to submit the motor and pay the appropriate fees. If its a matter the rules don't fit their construction... well, the owner of Castle knows exactly what to do to correct that....

and I haven't seen his presence in the two year long discussion AS TO WHAT CHANGES NEED TO BE MADE TO THE RULES TO ALLOW HIS MOTORS....

So, I think I've been brutal enough back at ya and I'm sure I'll recieve some bashing back.... I have the flame suit on and I just updated my thick skin... so have at it.

ROAR is for the member and the fairness to the member.... how many complaining here about ROAR are actually members, anyway??

Dawn Sanchez
ROAR President and proud of it!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.