Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree387Likes

JConcepts Thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2016, 06:24 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 155 (99%+)

Paul, do you know when you guys will have more space bars back in stock? Or possibly when they might be hitting the shelves of retailers?
Old 11-08-2016, 01:23 PM
PW
Tech Elite

Sorry for the delays; just got back into town.

Originally Posted by Cain
for the Associated B6/B6D is this the right body that allows you to run it on both the B6D with its stock transmission and with a laydown setup with the spur gear still protected?

http://www.jconcepts.net/shop/s2-b6-...dy-w-aero-wing

I am looking for a dual use body that i don't need to special cut and basically have the spur exposed when in laydown form.

Thanks!
Unfortunately there isn't a body available that will allow you to run either transmission with only one cutout. You will have to have 2 separate bodies; one for laydown trans and one for stand-up trans if you want the spur completely covered.

Maifield 2wd nationals setup says that he was using 4wd front inserts in his space bars. Is this the preferred way to run space bars or was that track specific?
I think it will be track specific; more or less steering.

What dictates when you run a front wing and how does narrow and wide vary with conditions? Primarily I will run indoor but it's not so much a clay-type base, the soft and super soft compounds seem to be the way most go, so that tells me it's not a true clay track.
Basically the pro guys run the wing 98% of the time now. The only time they take it off is in very low traction conditions.

I personally don't feel much difference with the wing in regards to steering, but feel it makes the car a little more stable high speed.

Hello, which (metric) screws go into the 1:8th scale Inverse wheels and how much are usually used? First time building them, all tips are welcome
2.5x6mm buttonhead

Paul, do you know when you guys will have more space bars back in stock? Or possibly when they might be hitting the shelves of retailers?
Basically they are coming in bi-weekly and shipping as soon as they come in. We have already shipped to a few dist/dealers, but it was limited quantities. I'm sure it's going to take us a little while to catch up with demand
Old 11-10-2016, 06:23 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 155 (99%+)

Originally Posted by PW

Basically they are coming in bi-weekly and shipping as soon as they come in. We have already shipped to a few dist/dealers, but it was limited quantities. I'm sure it's going to take us a little while to catch up with demand
So do you know when the bi-weekly shipment is going to be? Is that this week or next?
Old 11-10-2016, 06:36 AM
PW
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by skoalisbad4me
So do you know when the bi-weekly shipment is going to be? Is that this week or next?
I think we have more coming next week, but not sure how they are allocated. Just a guess, but I'm sure most will ship to Dist/Dealers with a handful offered on the website.
Old 11-10-2016, 06:53 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

How tall are the 4wd Swaggers compared to the Rear Pin Downs? My buggy has a center slipper and too big a difference doesnt work well
Old 11-11-2016, 02:59 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Is the standard for stadium truck tires still open cell in the front and closed in the rear? Or are guys running c.c. in all 4 corners?
Old 11-14-2016, 05:19 AM
PW
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Scott R
How tall are the 4wd Swaggers compared to the Rear Pin Downs? My buggy has a center slipper and too big a difference doesnt work well
I will have to check on the OD for both.

Is the standard for stadium truck tires still open cell in the front and closed in the rear? Or are guys running c.c. in all 4 corners?
I don't think that was ever a thing . We have always used the same insert front and rear on truck. Outdoor low-bite we use open-cell and med/high-bite indoor/outdoor use closed-cell.
Old 11-14-2016, 06:02 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 112 (100%+)

Originally Posted by iDesign5
I am running cc all 4, usually firmer in the rear though.
Old 11-14-2016, 08:32 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by PW

I don't think that was ever a thing . We have always used the same insert front and rear on truck. Outdoor low-bite we use open-cell and med/high-bite indoor/outdoor use closed-cell.

It was a thing at our old indoor track that closed. That was the standard.
Old 11-14-2016, 08:49 AM
PW
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by iDesign5
It was a thing at our old indoor track that closed. That was the standard.
Gotcha...Never heard about that one, but not the craziest thing I've heard . I recommend sticking with the same insert front and rear .
Old 11-14-2016, 08:57 AM
Eli
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Hope to get some spacebars soon for my B6 to try.
Old 11-14-2016, 02:28 PM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

got a chance this past saturday to do some running with my B6D (basically a b6 with the parts on it) on carpet for blinky class. As we are not allowed to use hardpin rear tires, I decided to give the JConcepts flipouts a try in combination with the schumacher staggers up front.

Seeing others at the track the common setup seemed to be a clay compound slick with the same front tires. Initially I tried some Proline clay compound "slick" rears sauced with sxt 3.0 compound. The vehicle had a loose rear relative to the grip of the fronts. Probably could tune this out, but was curious to see what a tire swap could do since tires are the most important part of setup.

I went ahead and swapped on the jconcepts flipouts and threw it back on the track. Immediately there was so much grip in comparison but no traction rolling issues. It was to the point I wanted to tune it out slightly to get a tad more rotation.

Wear looked pretty good as well.

I am going to keep giving this setup a go, maybe with a rear sway bar added.

inserts used were AKA reds.
Old 11-14-2016, 05:46 PM
Tech Fanatic

Hey guys looking for some input.

So I did a search on "Splitters" and didn't really get the info I was after. So my local indoor track is not your typical "Clay" track. They do keep a decent amount of moisture in it but the surface never really gets tacky. We share the track with 1/8 scales and truggies so there can be some dust on the track.

So far Black or Green Dirt Webs with LW for traction compound are pretty good. The fastest laps have been turned by drivers with M4 Electrons and Duck Sauce (sorry, I know this is a JC thread). I have also tried Black Bar codes (broken to about 2/3rd height) and they are not so good, Dirt Webs are better for sure.

My Black Dirt Webs are worn too far to work now so I am wondering if green or black Splitters might fit the bill better.

Thoughts?

Thank you,
Chris
Old 11-15-2016, 05:20 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Scott R
Originally Posted by PW
measured them myself this morning, I'm just posting for others who may be interested

2wd Swaggers are 77mm +/- Diameter with no inserts
4wd Swaggers are 81mm +/- Diameter with open cell Inserts

Pin Down Rears are 87mm +/- Diameter with Open Cell Inserts
anad just for reference,
Shum. Original Mini Pins were 86mm +/- Diameter with same open cell inserts
Old 11-18-2016, 07:28 PM
Tech Regular

What have some of you guys used for removing the white residue from the gold Smoothies? Just don't want to compromise the integrity with something they don't like.

These look like they were rolled in flour almost lol

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.