Search
Like Tree387Likes

JConcepts Thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2015, 12:50 PM
PW
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by KAWIDAD
PW,does JC offer the "dirt series" turnbuckles for the T5M?
No
Old 08-02-2015, 06:55 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

My local track is normally wet and tacky to start the day then dries up enough that we switch from slicks to a tread. Yesterday it stayed tacky all night. My only slicks are some way old worn out dirt webs. They hook but the foams are burnt and they really roll over on the bead so I got a fresh set of super soft smoothies. Got them glued up and as usual with the Jconcepts tires, they spin super true and balanced. Threw it on the track and as I suspected they were like being on ice.
Today we ripped them up and down the concrete driveway for a while to scuff them in and they feel a lot better but still not quite the sticky of the old bald webs.

What's the ticket to sticky up these smoothies?
WD?
Simple green?
PB?
Liquid wrench lubricating?
Old 08-02-2015, 07:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by oPAULo
My local track is normally wet and tacky to start the day then dries up enough that we switch from slicks to a tread. Yesterday it stayed tacky all night. My only slicks are some way old worn out dirt webs. They hook but the foams are burnt and they really roll over on the bead so I got a fresh set of super soft smoothies. Got them glued up and as usual with the Jconcepts tires, they spin super true and balanced. Threw it on the track and as I suspected they were like being on ice.
Today we ripped them up and down the concrete driveway for a while to scuff them in and they feel a lot better but still not quite the sticky of the old bald webs.

What's the ticket to sticky up these smoothies?
WD?
Simple green?
PB?
Liquid wrench lubricating?
I see you're from Bedford. Are you racing at Pnt's? If so, when that track is able to run slicks. The clay compounds like gold have always been the best.

As for getting them broken in, number one is getting the foams broken in. It's best to cut the inner ribs on the 60mm inserts. For that track and most I suggest washing in a water/simple green mix and using liquid wrench on them as a sauce. It's going to take lots of laps to get the foams broken in and the rubber will come around quick after a few saucings. Clean em at home, sauce with LW and scrub it in with a brush and then bag them up til you race again!
Old 08-02-2015, 07:22 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by aeRayls
I see you're from Bedford. Are you racing at Pnt's? If so, when that track is able to run slicks. The clay compounds like gold have always been the best.

As for getting them broken in, number one is getting the foams broken in. It's best to cut the inner ribs on the 60mm inserts. For that track and most I suggest washing in a water/simple green mix and using liquid wrench on them as a sauce. It's going to take lots of laps to get the foams broken in and the rubber will come around quick after a few saucings. Clean em at home, sauce with LW and scrub it in with a brush and then bag them up til you race again!
Well crap. Wrong compound and should have cut the foams. Now I know.
Ya P&T!! Pretty slow during the summer but a few hardcore fast guys still show up to stay sharp.

Thanks for the info! Much appreciated! I'll start them on LW tomorrow and run them all I can to break in the foam.
Old 08-02-2015, 07:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by oPAULo
Well crap. Wrong compound and should have cut the foams. Now I know.
Ya P&T!! Pretty slow during the summer but a few hardcore fast guys still show up to stay sharp.

Thanks for the info! Much appreciated! I'll start them on LW tomorrow and run them all I can to break in the foam.
Right on! If you need any tips for the place feel free to PM me. I haven't been there in a while but pnt never changes much lol. Still the only track around here that has incredible grip on the summer and gets worse in the winter lol
Old 08-03-2015, 03:05 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Paul, with the release of the SC5m, any plans for SC specific releases, ie, new bodies, wheels etc.?
Old 08-03-2015, 05:22 AM
PW
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by ScottKelly911
Paul, with the release of the SC5m, any plans for SC specific releases, ie, new bodies, wheels etc.?
Stay tuned...
Old 08-03-2015, 05:53 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

Has anyone tried the Steering Wheel foam by JConcepts? I want to try it on my M12S
Old 08-08-2015, 07:40 AM
mes
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by PW
Stay tuned...
Nice one on the HF2!
Old 08-08-2015, 10:48 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Speedychris22
Has anyone tried the Steering Wheel foam by JConcepts? I want to try it on my M12S
I have one installed on 4pls and gave the other to a buddy with same receiver. Both like the feel very much.Definitely can't go wrong with the price.
Old 08-09-2015, 02:41 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PW
Stay tuned...
That got me excited! Now I'm probably beating a dead horse, but I'd LOVE for you guys to do Pre-cuts!!!!

Just saw on LiveRC Spencer Rivkin's Hi-Flow 2 Debut.

Old 08-12-2015, 10:34 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Whats the length of the M3 flathead screw that is used for the JC wing mounts on the b5m?
Old 08-12-2015, 10:55 AM
PW
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Bubonic-X
Whats the length of the M3 flathead screw that is used for the JC wing mounts on the b5m?
6mm if you are using the stock shim. Some of the team drivers are running 2 wing shims and using an 8mm screw.

Now I'm probably beating a dead horse, but I'd LOVE for you guys to do Pre-cuts!!!!
Never say never...
Old 08-14-2015, 11:25 PM
mes
Tech Elite

Any chance for a Punisher (or maybe Silencer) T5M body? Although I love the looks of my Finnisher shell, I prefer the handling of the longer kit body both on dirt and astroturf, as it seems to jump more stable and is smoother around the corners.
Can't wait to test your new Astro tires! With Schumacher ditching their standard Minipins in favor of the Minipin2, I'll have to adjust to new tires anyway. Who knows, maybe there is a JConcepts/EOS partnership on the horizon...
Old 08-16-2015, 05:23 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

How soon until the HF2 is released?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.