Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree387Likes

JConcepts Thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2009, 12:28 PM
PW
Tech Elite

Competiton Hobbies in Tucson, Arizona; one of the best facilities for R/C in the world held the annual Southwest Indoor Grand Prix over the weekend of October 24-25. JConcepts drivers were on hand to support and participate in the annual event.

Ryan Maifield utilizing the JConcepts orange Bar Codes TQ’ed and won the 2wd modified and 4wd modified classes in convincing fashion. Also utilizing the orange Bar Codes, fellow JConcepts driver and Wisconsin native Chad Due finished a very respectable 2nd place in 4wd and modified truck classes. Richard Lake the “ringleader” drove his JConcepts equipped B4 into the A-main with a solid 7th place finish.

A little on-road racing was also going on at the SIGP and Richard Lake; JConcepts and Arizona representive finished a strong 2nd place to the world famous Brian Kinwald in the 1/12th scale class.

When it comes to off-road tires, bodies and accessories, the difference is JConcepts.

Click Here for photo gallery
Old 10-29-2009, 01:20 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

How about some SCT barcodes
Old 10-29-2009, 04:44 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by PW
Don't think so....
Awwww, come on, the rears for the Slash already work I believe, just need some fronts ....

Oh well, it was a nice dream. I wonder if I can make SC10 fronts work
Old 10-29-2009, 05:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (95%+)

Some paint for the thread. Jconcepts AE bodies....

...Jim
W.E.D.
Get Faster Gear
Old 10-30-2009, 01:12 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tripthreat
Just by looking at the video, I would say Gold Bar Codes. They generally feel a little freer, but lead to quicker lap times. If Holeshots are generally the good tire at the track, then Green Double Dees might work pretty good as well. Alot of times, Holeshots and Double Dees might feel better than Bar Codes, but if you check LT's, they are usually slower. At OCRC, it is the same conditions, Double Dees feel great, and Gold Codes feel free, but there are about 1 second per lap faster!
That's interesting. I was wondering why at OCRC people were running less and less holeshot/dd style of tires...

I wonder if the fresh clay they put down has something to do with it?
Old 10-30-2009, 08:58 AM
TLRacing

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tom_chang79
That's interesting. I was wondering why at OCRC people were running less and less holeshot/dd style of tires...

I wonder if the fresh clay they put down has something to do with it?
Yup, new dirt changes everything!
Old 10-30-2009, 09:21 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by W.E.D.Jim
Some paint for the thread. Jconcepts AE bodies....

...Jim
W.E.D.
Get Faster Gear
You make me NOT hate flames.... love it
Old 10-30-2009, 07:55 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default indoor tire choice

So how does the orange compound bar codes compare to the blue compound?

I tried the gold compound last winter (indoor) and they worked ok when the track was still damp but the dirt dries out quickly and by the mains gold does not work. Same with Panther switches. Pink taper pins are the best choice at that point but I would love to find an alternative as they don't last long, any chance blue or orange would work comparably?
Old 10-30-2009, 09:25 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Jeremey

I tried the gold compound last winter (indoor) and they worked ok when the track was still damp but the dirt dries out quickly and by the mains gold does not work. Same with Panther switches. Pink taper pins are the best choice at that point but I would love to find an alternative as they don't last long, any chance blue or orange would work comparably?
What is the surface like? I believe that Orange is a bit harder than the Blue.

At SmacTrac, it is hard packed clay and Bar Codes do the same when they are left at full height. We have found that "ghosting" the blue and orange Bar Codes work the best. Grind them with a dremel until they are just a step above slicks. Try it with an old set first to find out, but make sure that the inserts are still in good shape. As long as you do not get a dusting over the surface, they should work. You will also be amazed at how well the ghosted Bar Codes work on a wet packed track.
Old 10-30-2009, 11:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

From what I've heard, gold really needs a moist clay track to work well. When a track dries out, you want to use a harder tire in general, if not only for the fact that it will last longer, it also doesn't roll over and can compete with the hard track surface -- I've ran softs and mediums back to back on a hard dry track and mediums worked far better. Red tapers might work just as well and last longer for the losi side. As far as JC, I'd try some blues or oranges -- oranges if there's a groove from rubber being deposited. Orange, from what I've heard, is nearly as good as blue in similar conditions but will wear much better when the track is taking rubber. Might try some green double dees if pink tapers are working well.

First tire I'd try is green double dee, followed by blue codes.
Old 10-31-2009, 10:09 AM
TLRacing

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Oranges are ideal for high bite blue groove, usually outdoors, with higher temps, around 75-80* and up.
Old 10-31-2009, 12:51 PM
Tech Adept

Thanks for the replies. The surface is mostly clay but does not grove up when it drys, it just gets smooth with a very fine layer of dust on top. I have tried double D's (green) they do work and a few people run them, they have ok grip but I don't like the way they feel on the smooth surface... they work great outdoors though. I'm going to try the blue out and see how that does.
Old 10-31-2009, 03:10 PM
Tech Master

Thanks for the replies. The surface is mostly clay but does not grove up when it drys, it just gets smooth with a very fine layer of dust on top. I have tried double D's (green) they do work and a few people run them, they have ok grip but I don't like the way they feel on the smooth surface... they work great outdoors though. I'm going to try the blue out and see how that does.
Sounds like the ghosted blues would work well on that and the DD's clipped most of the way down works really well too. Sometimes they are too soft, though, and on high bite you will need stiffer inserts to keep them from laying over.
Old 11-01-2009, 02:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 117 (99%+)

how about a good body for the strike. the stock one is so thin & flimsey that it breaks when you look at it wrong it seems like.
Old 11-01-2009, 02:48 PM
Tech Initiate

Honestly ------ SCT barcodes in a clay compound PLEASE.... There are really no clay tires in a 3.0/2.2 configuration. They are all for outdoors dirt but I race on a indoor clay track. I love the barcodes for my t4 but its illegal to cut them to fit my sc10 wheels.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.