Search
Like Tree387Likes

JConcepts Thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2009, 09:49 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tripthreat
When the track is hot, and the traction is high, a softer tires (Blue) becomes too soft, the pins fold over, and the carcass stretches too much, causing the rear end to slide out, or over rotate. In this situation, a slightly firmer tire (Orange) will not only have more traction, but last longer wear wise.
nice, right from the main man him self. thanks Root!
Old 06-11-2009, 09:54 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

When the track is hot, and the traction is high, a softer tires (Blue) becomes too soft, the pins fold over, and the carcass stretches too much, causing the rear end to slide out, or over rotate. In this situation, a slightly firmer tire (Orange) will not only have more traction, but last longer wear wise.
Thanks. How many degree is considered hot and would require Orange instead of Blue?
Old 06-12-2009, 09:29 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 110 (100%+)

any pictures of the sc10 wheels? or the dare body? thanks
Old 06-12-2009, 12:00 PM
TLRacing

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by billythekid
Thanks. How many degree is considered hot and would require Orange instead of Blue?
It really depends, I would say 75-80F ambient.. but I have never really measured. When it get really hot, maybe 100F, Whites might be better than Oranges even...
Old 06-12-2009, 01:06 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

So in a way the best way to tell what tires you need is to run a set in pratice or race and if you slide around but that is the thread you need then go one harder on the compound?
Old 06-15-2009, 07:23 PM
Tech Adept

Default Truggy Tires.

sorry wrong section but didnt know how to delete

Last edited by pantera nitro; 06-15-2009 at 09:05 PM.
Old 06-16-2009, 05:36 AM
PW
Tech Elite

Orange Bar Codes Now Available

For Immediate release –

Bar Codes - orange compound
Part # - 3016-04
Fits 1/10th buggy rear wheel)

Part # - 3017-04
(Fits 1/10th buggy front wheel)

Part # - 3020-04
(Fits 1/10th 4wd front wheel)

Part # - 3021-04
(Fits 1/10th truck wheel)

The Code of Silence has been broken at JConcepts, and the Bar Codes are out. The Bar Code design is the freshest tire design seen in the last 10 years of racing development regardless of class and scale. Like the name suggests the alternating bar design combined with the addition of the Y side bars provide uncompromised support for blue and black groove conditions. Now available in Orange compound the Bar Codes are a specialty tire that when matched to the appropriate track can provide amazing results. The Bar Codes are a part of the JConcepts special breed of tire, designed for maximum performance when new or used as the design allows even wear all the way down to the tire body. Bar Codes in new condition excel on hard surfaces that have taken rubber with either dry or wet grooved conditions. Worn Bar Codes excel on indoor or outdoor clay tracks where a minimal dust groove has formed.2009 Cactus Classic is an Orange Crush for JConceptsJConcepts TQ’s and wins 2 of 3 modified classes at the Cactus Classic.
To bring everyone up to speed, it is tough to win at the Cactus Classic. Only the very best equipment survives, and at the biggest electric race of the year JConcepts again had the goods that everyone was looking for. The goods included JConcepts Bar Codes tires and the Illuzion Hi-Flow bodies and accessories. JConcepts driver Ryan Maifield was again spectacular, driving his Team Associated T4 and B4, but the difference were the Bar Codes. Never before has Ryan enjoyed a tire advantage at The Cactus Classic but this year was different. Using an assortment of JConcepts compounds White, Blue and Orange, Ryan was able to perfectly tune his vehicles to the track conditions at hand giving him an edge that did not exist in the past.

However, Ryan Maifield was not the only JConcepts driver in on the action. Lee Martin, Frank Root and Kody Numedahl all made 2 out of 3 modified A-mains using the JConcepts combination. The hot ticket in the truck class were Bar Codes all the way around. Utilizing the asymmetrical design, drivers could alter the handling characteristics and tune the tires to a specific time of day or front to rear balance. 2wd and 4wd drivers also used the Bar Code design but tuned using compound versus tread direction. Blue compound provided the early morning grip while White and Orange provided the grip to finish the day and beat the heat. When it comes to high performance tires, wheels, bodies and accessories, winners choose JConcepts.

www.jconcepts.net
www.jconceptsracing.net
www.ifmarworldchampion.com
www.jconceptsevents.com
Old 06-16-2009, 08:51 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

ORANGE compound is
Old 06-16-2009, 10:25 AM
Tech Regular

Would the orange compound work well at the front of 2wd at hot rod hobbies?
Old 06-16-2009, 02:15 PM
TLRacing

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by carbon madness
So in a way the best way to tell what tires you need is to run a set in pratice or race and if you slide around but that is the thread you need then go one harder on the compound?
Well..not necessarily. If it is too hard it will slide too, but in a different way. Really hard to describe the difference, as it is a feeling.

Would the orange compound work well at the front of 2wd at hot rod hobbies?
I preferred White fronts with orange rears.
Old 06-16-2009, 02:24 PM
Tech Regular

I preferred White fronts with orange rears.
Hey Frank, can you share your lipo setup with bar codes for Hot Rod Hobbies

Losi BK Bar Red for the rear and silver for the front have been the tires of choice at Hot Rod for many years. How would you compare the bar codes combinations (white for front and orange for rear) with the BK Bars?
Old 06-16-2009, 07:31 PM
Tech Regular

Im really wanting to hear about the new dare bodies. I got a slash and sc10 that need new lids
Old 06-16-2009, 07:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

It really depends, I would say 75-80F ambient.. but I have never really measured. When it get really hot, maybe 100F, Whites might be better than Oranges even...
Hey guys,

Im no Frank Root, but I do a fair bit of tyre testing down here in Australia for JConcepts. We had a really hot summer, and recently had a big race just as the weather was cooling off, and I have found the following:

When the track is really grippy and abrasive, the orange works better than the blue above 20C (70F). The blues tend to fold over in these conditions and wear quickly.

I did a test on a 38C (100F) day on a very grippy track and the whites were better than orange in these conditions. The softer tyres overheated after only a couple of laps!

In moderate conditions (25c /75F) the oranges tend to work well from lap 1 whereas the whites take a couple of laps to come in. they tend to wear very well.

I found the blues were really good on a grooved red clay track when it was cooler (15C / 60F). It is worth trying firmer inserts in them as the soft compound means that the carcass move more.

As for compound choice:
- if the compound is too soft, the tyre will feel to go off after a couple of laps when it overheats. It can also feel 'snappy' as if the grip comes and then suddenly goes as the pins fold under.

- if the compound is too firm, the tyre will feel like it is skating on the surface. It may also take a few laps to work as it comes up to temp.

Like Frank said, the difference is subtle, and the best bet is to experiment with a few different compounds back to back to get a feel for it.

L8r

Ray
Old 06-16-2009, 07:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ray_munday
Hey guys,

Im no Frank Root, but I do a fair bit of tyre testing down here in Australia for JConcepts. We had a really hot summer, and recently had a big race just as the weather was cooling off, and I have found the following:

When the track is really grippy and abrasive, the orange works better than the blue above 20C (70F). The blues tend to fold over in these conditions and wear quickly.

I did a test on a 38C (100F) day on a very grippy track and the whites were better than orange in these conditions. The softer tyres overheated after only a couple of laps!

In moderate conditions (25c /75F) the oranges tend to work well from lap 1 whereas the whites take a couple of laps to come in. they tend to wear very well.

I found the blues were really good on a grooved red clay track when it was cooler (15C / 60F). It is worth trying firmer inserts in them as the soft compound means that the carcass move more.

As for compound choice:
- if the compound is too soft, the tyre will feel to go off after a couple of laps when it overheats. It can also feel 'snappy' as if the grip comes and then suddenly goes as the pins fold under.

- if the compound is too firm, the tyre will feel like it is skating on the surface. It may also take a few laps to work as it comes up to temp.

Like Frank said, the difference is subtle, and the best bet is to experiment with a few different compounds back to back to get a feel for it.

L8r

Ray
Hot Road can get hot, hopefully not over 100. Im thinking 80+ though. Oranges still a good compound for the rears?
Old 06-16-2009, 07:47 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 85 (99%+)

Originally Posted by Dragonfueled
Im really wanting to hear about the new dare bodies. I got a slash and sc10 that need new lids
+1.i was hopen these would be out befor the nats.i was realy wanting to put a new body on the sc10,but i didnt want a stock one.or have to cut up a slash body to fit.when are these new bodies comen out?????????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.