Search
Like Tree149Likes

Team Associated B74.2 / B74.2D

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2024, 12:42 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Originally Posted by drumondo
Seems like the changes are minimal, but I see a few B74.2's being sold on FB.

Am I missing something?
I doubt they're selling to "upgrade". The changes are basically just the inclusion of some parts that were previously options and some updated suspension parts like springs and such. Nothing really 'new' as most people that previously had 74.2's were likely already running the updates.

I'm just speculating, but that's probably why they elected to call it the 74.2CE vs. 74.3 or 84...
Old 03-29-2024, 01:10 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 0010
What does the b74.2d weigh stock, ready to run? I know specific components can change the weight significantly, but just interested to see what you guys are seeing before you put the cars on a Weight Watchers diet.

My current car is 200g over the minimum and I am looking to get something a bit closer to the minimum.

TIA
My B74.2d comes in at 1420 grams without wheels. That's with titanium screws, MOD center pucks, and an LCG pack. A set of my decently broken in slicks comes in at 248 grams
Old 04-01-2024, 11:52 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by b.j.a
My B74.2d comes in at 1420 grams without wheels. That's with titanium screws, MOD center pucks, and an LCG pack. A set of my decently broken in slicks comes in at 248 grams
Thanks!
Old 04-03-2024, 09:17 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RogerM
Trying to get clarification of that but I believe it is the case that the plastic parts come with the B74.2D CE along with the centre diff, B74.2 CE having metal with the slipper .... but that is just my understanding , not gospel
Picked up my CE (carpet) on Tuesday and slowly working through the build. The carpet kit comes with the steel ring and pinions, and only comes with the decoupled slipper. No center diff is included in the kit.
andrewcoley likes this.
Old 04-04-2024, 06:01 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by b.j.a
😩
My B74 1D comes in at 1405grams ready to race, includes battery, body & wheels 🤪 😀
Old 04-08-2024, 04:47 PM
BP
Tech Initiate

Are the 4.75x8mm Titanium Ball Studs the correct size for the car? I know the length varies the 4.75 is what I’m wondering about.
Old 04-08-2024, 05:20 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

5.5 is the size for AE ball studs
BP likes this.
Old 04-08-2024, 07:13 PM
BP
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Brian L
5.5 is the size for AE ball studs
Thanks
Old 04-23-2024, 08:11 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Does anyone have weights for the diff's with ltc gears + the molded ring and pinion? I would assume this has been updated in the CE kit build but the download on Ae's site brings up the b74.1 instructions.
Old 05-11-2024, 09:28 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default 1mm shims under C and D blocks?

I’ve been looking through the recent setup sheets that have been posted for high grip dirt tracks. One thing I’ve noticed is that they are placing 1mm shims under the C and D block. Does anyone have a picture of what this might look like?
Old Yesterday, 12:17 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by C_alan
I’ve been looking through the recent setup sheets that have been posted for high grip dirt tracks. One thing I’ve noticed is that they are placing 1mm shims under the C and D block. Does anyone have a picture of what this might look like?
It’s just what it sounds like: 1 mm shims between the chassis plate and those blocks to raise the hinge pins. It raises the roll center quite a bit which may be necessary when running low ride heights.
Old Yesterday, 07:06 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by C_alan
Its more of a mod thing, more or less. It supports the rear end more, and I typically do run it most of the time as I do usually run mod. I've talked to MattyG about it and it slows down the stock cars a bit for whatever reason (roll center moves more or less or is too high/low, I haven't plotted the difference out to see what the effect actually is). Matty G says the Raymond twins he helps out have tried it and went away from it due to the slightly slower lap times.

But I've also ran it in stock, but that was more so because all I had time for was the motor swap, then later I took it off for a qualifier. It seemed to pickup some pace but with my lack of track time on that layout it could be me just learning the layout. But it was a very small dirt track I was on. I think the washer support the rear end more, but slow the movement down at the same time. So for mod you can just give it more power, while in stock not so much. If MattyG told me its slower in stock- Id believe him.