Like Tree31Likes

B.R.C.C.C. (wynnumrc.com)

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2013, 12:52 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default REX 34's

Hi,
How much will the REX 34's be selling for?
Thanks.
Old 07-10-2013, 03:36 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Dragobrat
Hi,
How much will the REX 34's be selling for?
Thanks.
We've ordered, from our major sponsor for the event Walter RC, 30 sets of REX34's, practice tyres we will be using at the Title event. The tyres should be here for our next scheduled Saturday night. The cost will be $35 per set for the practice sets. The full compliment of Ride race tyres will be here for the event at a later date.

Cheers Brendan
Old 07-10-2013, 04:02 AM
Tech Regular

Ok great no worries,thanks.

So it seems that at large events the choosen control tyre is supplied on the day by the club.?

Originally Posted by rcmechdad50
We've ordered, from our major sponsor for the event Walter RC, 30 sets of REX34's, practice tyres we will be using at the Title event. The tyres should be here for our next scheduled Saturday night. The cost will be $35 per set for the practice sets. The full compliment of Ride race tyres will be here for the event at a later date.

Cheers Brendan
Old 07-10-2013, 04:18 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dragobrat
Ok great no worries,thanks.

So it seems that at large events the choosen control tyre is supplied on the day by the club.?
Yes, the bulk of large events worldwide use a control tyre in electric racing, I believe the REX34 is actually the same control tyre being used in the ETS this year (European Touring Car Series).

Typically on the first day of the event, you pick up your tyres (how ever may your ordered when entering), to glue or check them etc (maybe buff down the seam/join), they then get marked and put away till you need them, during the event you have them during the day, and hand them in overnight, this stops tampering etc.
Old 07-10-2013, 04:27 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcmechdad50

Cheers Brendan
I would like to buy a set by next Saturday.
Old 07-10-2013, 11:16 PM
Tech Elite

Boody hell $35 a set and people think foam tyres are expensive... No wait getting old and stupid, Proline caps were $50 a pair in the Workers Club day and you were good for a clubby and maybe a practice
Old 07-11-2013, 02:00 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Hello guys I use too race years ago with brushed motors so its very different for me so I wanted to ask in 21.5t what are we looking for a rollout and is the Fantam IONv.4 going to be legal and competitive with a Tekin Gen2 speedy?

or is there a better combo I should look at getting ATM I have a hobbywing Justock 45 amp ESC and a hobbywing 21.5T with no timing option.
Old 07-11-2013, 02:23 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by the_barbarian
Hello guys I use too race years ago with brushed motors so its very different for me so I wanted to ask in 21.5t what are we looking for a rollout and is the Fantam IONv.4 going to be legal and competitive with a Tekin Gen2 speedy?

or is there a better combo I should look at getting ATM I have a hobbywing Justock 45 amp ESC and a hobbywing 21.5T with no timing option.
If the battery,ESC or Motor aren't on The approved lists found here
http://www.orrcaqld.org.au/rules-for...-road-section/ then dont use it. Thunder power and a few different speedies seem to be the flaovour and present. As for your rollout for the combo you want to use come down and get some practice laps and you'll see for yourself. Track is usually open early on Race days.

Cheers
Old 07-11-2013, 02:25 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by sashimi999
I would like to buy a set by next Saturday.
Just need to be in line when they are bought out. Like an earlier post says we hope to have them by next race meet.

So you wont have a problem they will already be glued.

Cheers Brendan
Old 07-11-2013, 02:57 AM
Tech Addict

Thanks Brendon it seems due to using no timing on the ESC theres not much point changing my ESC for this event "Zero timing locked SPEC mode- LED’s 3, 4, and 5 flash for ROAR events. Unlocked zero timing is LED’s 3, and 5 flashing"
Old 07-11-2013, 03:26 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Thanks Brendon it seems due to using no timing on the ESC theres not much point changing my ESC for this event "Zero timing locked SPEC mode- LED’s 3, 4, and 5 flash for ROAR events. Unlocked zero timing is LED’s 3, and 5 flashing"
The hobbywing combo is defiantly on the lists and I think you are running intelect packs so they should be on the lists, the Teken RS is on the lists, the Fantom motor should also be on there, arnt they the Trinity D3 rebadged?

Says Roar Approved.

http://www.fantomracing.com/proddeta...prod=FAN27899S
Old 07-11-2013, 05:43 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

The Justock esc is perfectly good for 21.5 no need to change it. Get yourself a quality motor (thunder power, fantom, reedy or speed passion ) and you'll be good to go. Teemed with a couple of ROAR Approved lipo of course.
Old 07-11-2013, 05:47 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Do you guys post your Wednesday night race results anywhere?
Old 07-12-2013, 10:41 PM
Tech Adept

just wondering can i have two fans connected to one wire if not
do i have to have a fan on my speedie

cheers
tony
Old 07-13-2013, 02:44 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by cowboys
just wondering can i have two fans connected to one wire if not
do i have to have a fan on my speedie

cheers
tony
Yes you can... you have 2 easy options and 1 tricky

1 buy a Y connector this has one connection to the receiver and 2 connection to fans
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...servo-steering

2 just solder the pair of wires together

3 if you want to you can pull the pins out of the connection and carefully solder the 2 fans together

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.