Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Leisure Hours Raceway Joliet IL

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2009, 04:38 PM
Tech Initiate

Bernie's correct, I don't understand the comment. We contacted Traxxas month's ago about prizes and at the very last hour a package was sent.

We are just stunned here at the shop reading the comment

Dennis
Leisure Hours Hobbies
815-439-1477
Old 04-27-2009, 05:33 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Ok... I'm sorry. I just figured you all forgot to mention it.

Too bad they showed up so late though. I think the opportunity to win those really nice prizes would have brought even more racers.

How about we turn around this image of lousy promotion. Can someone from Leisure Hours officially announce the summer weekly race schedule and the GT class rules? Even if you end up altering the rules a little after you announce them, getting something out there will help a lot. You're still allowed to change your minds.
Old 04-27-2009, 06:49 PM
Tech Elite

yea,how does that shoe taste walt? lol
dont know how clark does it? we go to a race, he ends up in the mag./ on tv / goes home with the goods.?. maybe they feel sorry for the guy cause he cant play the piano any more.lol j/k clark, congrats
Old 04-27-2009, 07:08 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by allan42r
yea,how does that shoe taste walt? lol
dont know how clark does it? we go to a race, he ends up in the mag./ on tv / goes home with the goods.?. maybe they feel sorry for the guy cause he cant play the piano any more.lol j/k clark, congrats

Ummmm.... shoe!

Yeah, sorry guys, didn't mean to insult... I was just jab'n you guys. Still kick's butt that you were able to get the product to give away. Eric and I are going through this now for the GT prizes... I know, it's not always easy.

Clark is turning into the king of Slash... now we know where Cory get's it. And they are both nice guys too. Great guys to race with week after week. And my son is turning into Cory's biggest fan. When he comes with me to the track he looks for Cory to talk to and watch racing. And when Chris doesn't come with me, when I get home he asks if I won, and when I say 'no' he say 'Cory won, right.' Answer: very often 'yes.' We'll probably be the Cory Crosley fan club at the nationals.
Old 04-27-2009, 07:17 PM
Tech Elite

be carefull pitting next to them, man they must eat alot of beans.
Old 04-27-2009, 08:44 PM
Tech Regular

Default Cory Fan Club....

Allan's right....they are just sick. The fan club had promotional sponsors. Just a few...."Opps...I crapped my Pants!!" and "El famous Burrito".
Old 04-28-2009, 03:23 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Any info on the Warmup Race May 29th - 31st? Times, signup, cost, etc.?? Thanks!
Old 04-28-2009, 07:17 AM
Tech Elite

mr mellow.
they hope to have a track done by then, its been so wet they cant work on it. i hear bern is building an ark, and scott is looking into boat racing!lol
Old 04-28-2009, 11:35 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

And in this Ark Bernie will put all the RC's of the world
Old 04-28-2009, 11:39 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Astro
And in this Ark Bernie will put all the RC's of the world
2 by 2 also!
Old 05-01-2009, 09:05 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Can anyone tell me the recommended tire for outdoors 1/8 buggy & truggy? Can't seem to remember what we used last year. Thanks!
Old 05-01-2009, 01:23 PM
Tech Adept

May 1, 2009
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

2009 ROAR 1/8 SCALE OFF-ROAD NATIONALS SPONSORS ANNOUNCED

Two of the best-known names in R/C racing will be joining forces this July to sponsor this year’s ROAR 1/8 Scale Off-Road Nationals.

Hobbico, Inc. of Champaign, IL, revealed that O’Donnell® Racing and Futaba® Corporation will be the title sponsors for the event. The races, which will be held July 15-19, will be hosted by the Leisure Hours Raceway in Joliet, IL.

“We’re totally stoked,” said Hobbico Spokesman Scott Cramer. “Leisure Hours’ has one of the best facilities in the country. And since the Nationals will be taking place practically in our own back yard, we really wanted to be involved.”

“Entry’s for this year’s event sold out in less than forty-eight hours and the competition lately has been incredible,” added Cramer, “so we’re expecting this year’s event to be one for the ages. Hopefully we can add to our all ready impressive list of national championships for O’Donnell and Futaba.”

O’Donnell and Futaba will also be serving as the title sponsors for the Nationals Warm-up Race at Leisure Hours Raceway on May 30 & 31.

www.odonnellracing.com
www.futaba-rc.com
www.leisurehoursraceway.com
Old 05-02-2009, 08:23 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by cramer
May 1, 2009
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

2009 ROAR 1/8 SCALE OFF-ROAD NATIONALS SPONSORS ANNOUNCED

Two of the best-known names in R/C racing will be joining forces this July to sponsor this year’s ROAR 1/8 Scale Off-Road Nationals.

Hobbico, Inc. of Champaign, IL, revealed that O’Donnell® Racing and Futaba® Corporation will be the title sponsors for the event. The races, which will be held July 15-19, will be hosted by the Leisure Hours Raceway in Joliet, IL.

“We’re totally stoked,” said Hobbico Spokesman Scott Cramer. “Leisure Hours’ has one of the best facilities in the country. And since the Nationals will be taking place practically in our own back yard, we really wanted to be involved.”

“Entry’s for this year’s event sold out in less than forty-eight hours and the competition lately has been incredible,” added Cramer, “so we’re expecting this year’s event to be one for the ages. Hopefully we can add to our all ready impressive list of national championships for O’Donnell and Futaba.”

O’Donnell and Futaba will also be serving as the title sponsors for the Nationals Warm-up Race at Leisure Hours Raceway on May 30 & 31.

www.odonnellracing.com
www.futaba-rc.com
www.leisurehoursraceway.com

You do realize Scott, that you just quoted yourself. You must be really "stoked".
Old 05-04-2009, 07:50 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Be glad you don't have to work with him every day!
Old 05-04-2009, 04:28 PM
Tech Regular

Default Finally!!!!!!!!

They have started on the outdoor layout!!!! By the looks of things and the pending weather....I would think that it should be done by tomarrow. I was there today after work, and they were busy moving dirt. Gonna stop by tomarrow and see how far they have gotten. The weather channel says that friday and saturday look good so if you want to race the Prarie race...it should be game on.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.