Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Wisconsin & Illinois Racing
5th Annual Cheeseland Carpet Challenge >

5th Annual Cheeseland Carpet Challenge

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

5th Annual Cheeseland Carpet Challenge

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2005, 05:49 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Joe69
In my opinion, HVF Racing and HobbyTown Oshkosh shouldn't have anything to do with running / sponsoring any part of the Cheeseland Race. This race has primarily been a carpet OVAL event. They have cut their ties to the oval community by closing down their oval program at Oshkosh. That was their choice to not support an oval program. Why then should they feel the need to support an oval special event? The only conclusion I can come up with is there is some sort of financial gain?

Why should my money go to some people that don't support the oval program??

If they can bad-mouth and discontinue a program I enjoy, how can I enjoy a special event with them running it??

Doesn't make sense to have them be any part of it!

If they want to "help out" they can start by supporting the local weekly racers in the Oshkosh community. Start running a weekly program! If HVF Racing or HobbyTown Oshkosh wants to run a special event it can be at their place, not at someone else's!

I hope that Pro-Star racing has enough integrity to see this.
...big deal if hto sponsors it, its not like they ONLY did oval, they are sponsoring it as a hobby shop if they do sponsor it
Old 12-02-2005, 10:10 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by speedracer008
...big deal if hto sponsors it, its not like they ONLY did oval, they are sponsoring it as a hobby shop if they do sponsor it
I just think it's kinda like having the IRS fill out your tax forms?? I'd rather use a personal accountant?

I don't like getting help from the person who ends up screwing me!!
Old 12-02-2005, 03:01 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Default CHEESELAND CARPET CHALLENGE

Let me clarify a few things for you guys. HVR & HTO do NOT sponsor or run this race. This event was originally conceived, organized & run by ProStar Racing. 1 person from HTO ASSISTED us with the race, & DID A GREAT JOB. ProStar Racing has no gripe with HTO, HVR, or any oval racers anywhere. We are not trying to 'screw' anyone. Our only interest is providing a friendly place for ALL racers to have some fun. This race has become a popular event for a lot of people.They come back every year, so they must be liking it!. Everyone is invited, everyone is welcome, we look forward to seeing you all. But, please for the benefit of all, leave your personal issues at home. Thank you & stay fast.
Old 12-04-2005, 06:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Amen to that. Nobody should miss this one oval or onroad these are big bragging rights on the line.
Old 12-05-2005, 06:03 PM
Super Moderator

Are there any specail rules for stock rubber? And what nights do you race sedans and is there open track at all?
Old 12-05-2005, 06:52 PM
Tech Regular

Stock rubber is 190 mm body, rubber tires can be anything rubber. Treads slicks, whatever. Obviously cs 27's are the majority like every other track. Stock motor 27 turn just like everywhere else. We run on wed. nights downtown at 7:00. Practice starts at 6, wed. is the only night open due to it is a rented out building so track needs to set up and tore down every wed. Carpet is very high traction no tire goop rule either. Ride Height police will be on duty as foam and 12th scale 4mm,, and rubber 5mm.... Start practicing now on wed, and you'll be ok. Track is tight and only gets tighter when we move it upstairs the day of the cheeseland. Plan on running a 9.0-9.3 ratio in rubber, it's tight but as last year, it's very flowing. Mr. Casual and the gang usually get a great track that easy to change from roadcourse to oval..
Old 12-06-2005, 02:44 PM
Tech Addict

Thumbs up Cheeseland

Keep in mind, the carpet is the same, but the layout is totally different on Weds from the layout for the Cheeseland race. Weds. are downstairs. The cheeseland is upstairs. The layout this year will be the same as last year. Everybody seemed to like it & it worked well in conjunction with the oval. The change from oval to road course takes about 1 min.
Old 12-06-2005, 05:34 PM
Suspended

We liked everything except the lack of teching cars. I'm sure atleast 1/3 of the A-main cars were underweight last year!
Old 12-06-2005, 06:04 PM
Tech Regular

Well JOE69 let it be known I run a TC4 heavier then hell and that's it. This race is fun, teching will be done a non-judgemental basis. I see all your posts, which most are negative. This race may not be for you, and when somebody races you there may be an extra bump, if you know what I mean. Most guys on here are laid back promoting what we have, don't ruin it for others, thank you for your patronage to keep racing racing alive in WI..
Old 12-06-2005, 06:11 PM
Tech Addict

Default Cheeseland Carpet Challenge

Good call, Burm
Old 12-06-2005, 08:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 52 (96%+)

Burm. The Cheeseland Carpet Challenge is always a blast. Nick and I always make every attempt to be there. Ya, the track is tight for road course. But the racing is always hot and fair. We are looking forward to coming up for the 5th annual. I am glad you rescheduled it off the series race day. I am sure it will bring more sedans that way too. There will be a stock foam class right? Mod foam is alittle much for that tight of a track.
Old 12-06-2005, 08:56 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Joe69
We liked everything except the lack of teching cars. I'm sure atleast 1/3 of the A-main cars were underweight last year!
Typically, I don't reply to trolls, but I am making this one, single exception to note that you are absolutely lying in this post. There is absolutely no way that you could know the above fact, and you're simply imbellishing your own story to make things appear as they are not.

You can make things up all that you want, but you should know that there aren't many of us who are willing to accept all out lies and half-truths. At the very least, argue with things you could know.

-Matt
Old 12-07-2005, 05:09 AM
Suspended

I do know beacause I saw it myself last year! Take that blindfold off!

How are you sure everone made weight? Some sort of magic scale? As far as I've known, a car must be placed on top of a scale to read the weight?? Since there was nowhere near 66% of the cars weighed, how do you know that the other 33% were running legal weight?
Old 12-07-2005, 06:06 AM
Tech Master

All-right. I read enough. I'm the one who got this going for the first race and I'm going to tell you why. For years we have all bitched about the lack of racers at big events people get tired of paying 40 to 65 dollars to race in a event and have 15 cars in there class. When I started racing back in 1989 I started going to Reg 3 then reg 5 races, I enjoyed getting my but kicked but learning each time I went. Being able to ask better racers questions and learning from them, I feel I progressed faster than others. I've seen kids that have real potential in Green Bay get bored with racing against the same 8 to 10 in a class year after year all because they could not afford to go elsewhere or there parents may not be suportive enough for this sport. So I thought "If I can't get them to go the other tracks, maybe we can bring them here" There is no Championships on the line. Just a neutral track where people from all over the state can come for 1 day and race against guys from wis and upper michigain. A race where ordering new packs and 10 sets of tires are not a requirement. But old school racing. But for the club members a chance to see what is possible.

It took a bit of selling to get the club to convince them to spend the cash And the amount spent on this race is a lot of money for a club like this. The club is "non-profit" with no hobby-shop affiliations. There was a time when there were 2 hobbyshops supplying parts down there for the racers.

We went over what had to be done for what the club needed for this race to "be a reason to come to Green Bay besides the Packers" We decided that even thou they had a countig system. It was old enough to be nervous of failure during the race. So we asked the Bill to come down With this equipment to run the race. For that the club compensated him for his time and use of his equipment. The experience level of the club members was as such that I don't think they would have been comfortable telling professional racers there car is not legal.

The club also decided to keep things fun by keeping the rules simple enough for the casual racer to understand. All we wanted is if the class is a stock motor class run a legal motor which we are intrusting you to do and to run the proper car for the class. The Cheeseland Carpet Challange is a FUN race. The price was kept low as a way of telling you "this is a fun race". Also time is a factor, That first year i think there was 27 quailifiying heats with 108 racers and the lowest car count over the years was 66 and that was because of a snow storm. Racing started at 11 am and runs though 8 to 9 pm at night.

The club runs Oval and on road every wednesday night during the season. they welcome any class and will be very happy to see you come race with them.
Old 12-13-2005, 04:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I've talked to quite a few guys that have marked the cheeseland on the calendar looks like its shaping up to be another good year. Some pretty fast 19t sedan cars are coming. Who's gonna be the king of the tight track.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.