Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Wisconsin & Illinois Racing
5th Annual Cheeseland Carpet Challenge >

5th Annual Cheeseland Carpet Challenge

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

5th Annual Cheeseland Carpet Challenge

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2005, 09:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 52 (96%+)

Sounds good. Looks like Nick and I will have to pencil this one in for some foam sedan. Will it be stock or 19t? This is a very tight and small track (but fun) so I would think stock would be more than enough. Just my opinion.
Old 11-02-2005, 10:18 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

How about "Danny-the Who?"
aren't all cars "big cars" to someone of your stature?
much love brotha.....
dk
Old 11-02-2005, 10:27 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default Nice!

At least I got some love from somewhere.............the G.B. crowd doesn't have any for me, thats for sure!
Old 11-02-2005, 08:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

When your fast they either love ya or hate ya. thats racing. Sprint cars try to keep the rubber side down
Old 11-08-2005, 10:15 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default Karl

Check your PM's
Old 11-19-2005, 07:43 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Exclamation 5th Annual Cheeseland Carpet Challenge

Here are the final details of this event; Date; Feb 4 2006. Location; 726 Pine St. Green Bay Wi. Check our website [www.prostarracing.com] For directions to track. 2 qualifiers, 3 if time allows & 1 main in each class Bring your own ROAR legal stock motor Doors open at 8. Racing at 11. Power & tables available although somewhat limited. Pitting can get cozy, so pack accordingly. Parts, food,& refreshments will be available on site. computer scoring, personal transponders welcome, track transponders available-no charge. Entry is $20.00 per class. $10.00 for second class. Run 2 max. The classes are as follows; On the oval; [4 min.] 1/10th scale 4-cell stock NASCAR. 4-cell stock NASCAR Sportsman [No rear body cutout, no wing, 3300 batt. max.] Stock truck/buggy [foam tires ] On the road course;[5 min.] Stock sedan-Rubber tires 19 turn-foam tires. 1/12 scale 4-cell stock, GTP bodies [8 min.] The 1/12th scales might be popular this year. The 19 turns will no doubt be awsome, & this event puts to rest, the idea that oval is dead. We're looking forward to seeing everyone again as well as some new people.
Old 11-28-2005, 07:38 AM
Suspended

In my opinion, HVF Racing and HobbyTown Oshkosh shouldn't have anything to do with running / sponsoring any part of the Cheeseland Race. This race has primarily been a carpet OVAL event. They have cut their ties to the oval community by closing down their oval program at Oshkosh. That was their choice to not support an oval program. Why then should they feel the need to support an oval special event? The only conclusion I can come up with is there is some sort of financial gain?

Why should my money go to some people that don't support the oval program??

If they can bad-mouth and discontinue a program I enjoy, how can I enjoy a special event with them running it??

Doesn't make sense to have them be any part of it!

If they want to "help out" they can start by supporting the local weekly racers in the Oshkosh community. Start running a weekly program! If HVF Racing or HobbyTown Oshkosh wants to run a special event it can be at their place, not at someone else's!

I hope that Pro-Star racing has enough integrity to see this.

Last edited by Joe69; 11-28-2005 at 08:25 AM.
Old 11-28-2005, 01:02 PM
Tech Regular

Oshkosh has nothing to do with the vfw track. We simply asked Willy if he would announce because like his father he does a great job. For years Bill was the main announcer because he is one of the best in the state. We run oval up here every wed. you're welcome to stop by and check it out on wed nights. The cheeseland is a yearly event that even people that haven't ran all year, tend to pay a visit for some great racing, food, and seeing people you haven't in a while. I'm out..
Old 11-28-2005, 01:05 PM
Tech Master

I'll be there this wednesday night. Finally got some time to race. Heard that Perry may stop in. I need some track time to get out some of the rust
Old 11-28-2005, 02:46 PM
Tech Regular

Maybe I'll get a rent a ride from larson..
Old 11-28-2005, 03:03 PM
Tech Addict

Default Cheeseland Carpet Challenge

Burm got it right. 1st off ,there was no financial gain for Oshksh at all. Our race director at the time [for the 1st Cheeseland race] felt more comfortable with someone with more experience at bigger races to help. Bill openly volunteered to help. He did a fantastic job, no question. I'm told Willy does the job just as well. I'll be talking to him shortly. I don't completely understand the deal with the oval guys down in the Valley & beyond, But we're still running it at ProStar, & you are all more than welcome!!! Stay Fast, Chuck.
Old 11-28-2005, 05:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

My wifes due on the 25th of january so burms gonna wrench on my car between diaper changes.
Bill & Willy both know where we all started -CLUBS- this race allows the prostar race club to operate for the year look at it as a fund raiser. Put your views of oval onroad offroad or whatever aside holding a grudge is bad for the hobby.
Besides oldfashions at 8:00am gotta luv that.
Old 11-28-2005, 06:18 PM
Tech Addict

Wink Cheeseland Carpet Challenge

For everyones info; All proceeds from this event go directly to ProSter Racing. After expenses [trophys, hall rental, advertising etc.] there is little profit. Anyone organizing/promoting R/C races knows, nobodys gettin rich doing this. The majority of our yearly operating costs are met with weekly entry fees. Also, regardless of who assists us with this race,ProStars integrity remains intact!! Karl, I helped Joe with kidsitting this summer at NH, I'll be glad to help if needed. No old fashions till noon for me though.
Old 11-29-2005, 01:28 PM
Tech Master

SOunds like Ed and Buddy will also be joining me racing tomorrow night
Old 11-29-2005, 02:37 PM
Tech Addict

Default Wed. nite-ProStar

G ood to see you guys again. We'll have your usual suite ready for you.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.