Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Wisconsin & Illinois Racing
Gravity RC 2014/15 Midwest All-Star Carpet Series >

Gravity RC 2014/15 Midwest All-Star Carpet Series

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Gravity RC 2014/15 Midwest All-Star Carpet Series

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2014, 01:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Looking forward to getting some laps in on the new/old ride saturday after work!
Old 09-24-2014, 08:49 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

If all goes well, you should be able to race Sunday without missing out on the Bears-Packers game! I plan on making it down for the day, and have the wall mount in hand for the the brand new 51" plasma TV that is going up on the pit wall to replace the little TV. Thanks to Stogie for helping me out with the TV idea - our gift cards from winning at the ABT race went to a really good use! So now you Bears/Packers fans have no excuse - let's see you for racing on Sunday!
Old 09-24-2014, 08:53 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by nrm1977
What's a good class to start with? Meaning ...other new people in onroad. I've never done onroad and it looks fun. Thanks in advance!
Since it sounds like you've raced before, just not on-road, I'd suggest setting up a Trans Am car - that way you could start in either Trans Am or use the same car/setup in Sportsman if you need to get in more time behind the wheel. And Trans Am is pretty low key - we all have fun and there is a fairly wide variety of skills in the class.
Old 09-24-2014, 12:02 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by minidriver
If all goes well, you should be able to race Sunday without missing out on the Bears-Packers game! I plan on making it down for the day, and have the wall mount in hand for the the brand new 51" plasma TV that is going up on the pit wall to replace the little TV. Thanks to Stogie for helping me out with the TV idea - our gift cards from winning at the ABT race went to a really good use! So now you Bears/Packers fans have no excuse - let's see you for racing on Sunday!
I like the sounds of this!!!

Thanks to Stogie and Dave for the new TV that Im sure we will all enjoy it on Sundays this season!!
Old 09-25-2014, 04:14 PM
Tech Addict

My USGT challenger...
Attached Thumbnails Gravity RC 2014/15 Midwest All-Star Carpet Series-img_1429.jpg  
Old 09-25-2014, 07:24 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Stogie
My USGT challenger...
Plum Krazy. Purple people eater. The Barney Mobile!

Switch to the hard molded wing...

Snowy.
Old 09-26-2014, 05:22 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Essnowyt
Plum Krazy. Purple people eater. The Barney Mobile!

Switch to the hard molded wing...

Snowy.
These made me chuckle. Looks good Stogie!
Old 09-26-2014, 06:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

G-Spec Touring Car Tires (TYPE C) "CARPET" for 17.5.... Does anyone have a set I can buy or use for Sunday? I know this short notice but really would like to work with the tires that are required for the event(s)... ;-) Can anyone help me out?
Old 09-26-2014, 07:46 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by bvoltz
G-Spec Touring Car Tires (TYPE C) "CARPET" for 17.5.... Does anyone have a set I can buy or use for Sunday? I know this short notice but really would like to work with the tires that are required for the event(s)... ;-) Can anyone help me out?
Barry....I need to clear up that rule its ANY of the Gravity RC rubber tires in 17.5 so you can use the asphalt or carpet tires or even the USGT tires in 17.5 if wanted. Also the race is still 1 week away on Oct 5th unless you were looking to club race this weekend the 28th? If you were looking to race this weekend you dont need to adhear to the rules of the series.
Old 09-27-2014, 07:02 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Kevin K
Barry....I need to clear up that rule its ANY of the Gravity RC rubber tires in 17.5 so you can use the asphalt or carpet tires or even the USGT tires in 17.5 if wanted. Also the race is still 1 week away on Oct 5th unless you were looking to club race this weekend the 28th? If you were looking to race this weekend you dont need to adhear to the rules of the series.
I understand that rules do not apply to Sunday, but, the point of running this Sunday is work with the tires for the setup and learn...
Old 09-27-2014, 07:36 AM
Tech Addict

I'll be down tomorrow, and I have a couple sets of each (the original spec carpet tire and the new softer/faster ones)... if needed.

I'll also have a fresh resupply of goodies from Gravity HQ - assuming this will include both sauce and rubber. So come on up, Barry... and test away!
Old 09-27-2014, 08:13 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Stogie
I'll be down tomorrow, and I have a couple sets of each (the original spec carpet tire and the new softer/faster ones)... if needed.

I'll also have a fresh resupply of goodies from Gravity HQ - assuming this will include both sauce and rubber. So come on up, Barry... and test away!
I got the word last night, but I did not want to post on your behalf... Many thanks.... Please hold a set of the new tires (softer) for me...

Now back to printing dental models and surgical guides so I can play tomorrow... (Man I love this stuff)....
Old 09-27-2014, 08:01 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by bvoltz
I understand that rules do not apply to Sunday, but, the point of running this Sunday is work with the tires for the setup and learn...
Ahh...glad to see it all worked out!
Old 09-27-2014, 09:10 PM
Tech Elite

Got 10 runs in tonight. Was great to get under a touring car again. My hand almost didn't turn right after all that dirt oval the last few years! Excited for next weekend
Old 09-29-2014, 07:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Should be out there on Saturday to dust the car off so hopefully I can do something somewhat respectable on Sunday. "Somewhat" is the key word.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.