Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Wisconsin & Illinois Racing
Gravity RC 2014/15 Midwest All-Star Carpet Series >

Gravity RC 2014/15 Midwest All-Star Carpet Series

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2014, 12:20 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default Gravity RC 2014/15 Midwest All-Star Carpet Series

New name same fun and HOT racing action!!!

The 11th year for the series and we start a new a decade of racing under a new banner!

Its time to start the thinking about the indoor season in June. The Track @ Winthrop Harbor will once again host all the races this year. The races will take place on sundays once again! With Saturday being a travel day or practice day with the The Track being open its normal saturday schedule. We tired to plan the days before most other larger events that people will travel to so they can be a warm up race as well. As always the last date in march might change once ROAR gives us the dates for the carpet nats...it will only change if they fall on the same weekend.

With Gravity RC coming on board this year we will be using their tires for USGT the "Ride" spec tire and any of their 24mm Sedan tires can be used for 17.5 sedan.

Also new for this season only Gravity RC traction compound will be allowed at the events. This should help with getting rid of the compound "slurry" that happens sometimes and make the racing groove up better for all.

Dates for this season's races…..
October 5th
November 16th
January 11th
February 8th
March 8th

All Races will be held at
~ The Track @ Harbor Hobbies in Winthrop Harbor, IL ~
http://www.harbor-hobby.net/

Classes
USGT……21.5 motor limit ROAR spec ESC
Expert Sedan….17.5 motor limit ROAR spec ESC
USVTA…..USVTA rules
Expert 12th Scale…..13.5 motor limit ROAR spec ESC 1 cell lipo
Sportsman sedan….. Rookie drivers with 17.5 motor MAX ROAR spec ESC

Cost $20.00 for the first class $15.00 every class after that.

Start time
Doors open at 8am….open practice until 11:00pm
First Qualifier at 11:15am….3 total qualifiers and single mains
8 cars max per heat and or main
All VTA, USGT and 17.5 Sedan Qualifiers are 5 min with 5 min mains
12th scale is 8 min with 8 min mains
USGT and VTA are all heads up starts
All Classes must have 5 cars entered to be raced that day

Rules…..
Sedan weight……….1380g
USGT weight……….4WD1450g FWD1400g
VTA weight...........1550g
12th scale weight……730g

Ride height 5mm for rubber tires and 3mm for foam tires
ROAR approved Lipo’s and Motors only for ROAR classes
No lipo higher than 8.40V for 2 cell and 4.20 for 1 cell packs will pass tech…this is a pass/fail rule if you fail you are not allowed to make that run.
Every lipo must be charged in a lipo sack or protective device.

USGT
Any 190mm 4wd or FWD Sedan chassis
Any 190-200mm USGT/2 door sports car bodies….NO ROAR/IFMAR listed bodies are allowed
Any ROAR approved 21.5 motor is allowed
Any Scale type molded plastic wing is allowed
Any Lexan wing must be no more than 10mm thick
Any Legal ROAR spec ESC set to ROAR spec Software
Only Gravity RC USGT spec tire on spoked rims with stock inserts

Expert Sedan
Any 190mm 4wd Sedan Chassis
Only ROAR/IFMAR approved Bodies
Any ROAR approved 17.5 motor is allowed
No Rear wing higher than the roof of the body
Any Gravity RC rubber tries are allowed

USVTA
Any 1/10th scale 4WD sedan chassis
Only HPI part #4797 31mm Rear and #4793 26mm Front Vintage compound treaded tires with stock inserts are allowed
Tires must have full visible tread on tire at first qualifier of the day
Only Novak 25.5 motors are allowed
All Current USVTA rules will be followed
USVTA list of ESC’s will be in effect

Expert 12th Scale
Any 13.5 motor
Any 1-cell ROAR approved lipo
Any 12th scale foam tires

Final points standings will be based off of your 4 best results with 1 throw out race if you make all 5 races. 100 pts for the winner and 1 point less on down the results. TQ for the day gets 1 bonus point. In the event of a tie it would go to the number of top finshes if they are tied after that it will be a coin toss to determine the who get the position. In the event of a 3 way tie there will be a potato sack race down the straight-a-way!

Awards
All awards will be handed out at the end of the series....We plan to do actual Trophies this year and we might see the return of 6ft tall trophies!!!!
The Trophies will be based on turnout for the entire series.
Here is how they will break down if the class averages 5-9 people per event then we will only have a 1st place award.....10 people per event then we will do awards for the top 3 in the class.....if there is 11-15 people per event for the class there will be awards for the top 5.....if there is 15+ people per event for the class then there will be awards for the top 10.

Don’t forget to follow us on Facebook as well.....

Last edited by Kevin K; 09-26-2014 at 07:49 PM.
Old 06-17-2014, 12:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Old 06-17-2014, 03:12 PM
Gravity RC

Should be some fun racing just as it has been in past years. Looking forward to attending!
Old 06-17-2014, 04:00 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Great series and great person to host it...can't wait.
Old 06-17-2014, 04:17 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

The 24 Hours of Le Mieux....just sayin'
Old 06-17-2014, 08:43 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

sounds great. should be able to make a few.
Old 06-18-2014, 06:03 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by matt d
sounds great. should be able to make a few.
Matt I sent you a PM
Old 06-18-2014, 08:23 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by robk
Hmm.....
Old 06-18-2014, 11:50 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by robk
Awesome!!!
Old 06-18-2014, 01:39 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Since my office is a block away from Paul when he's at Trackside... I said something about this to him (24hr thing)... He had a pretty good idea but I'd let him speak up, haha.
Old 06-18-2014, 06:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kevin K
New name same fun and HOT racing action!!!

The 11th year for the series and we start a new a decade of racing under a new banner!

Its time to start the thinking about the indoor season in June. The Track @ Winthrop Harbor will once again host all the races this year. The races will take place on sundays once again! With Saturday being a travel day or practice day with the The Track being open its normal saturday schedule. We tired to plan the days before most other larger events that people will travel to so they can be a warm up race as well. As always the last date in march might change once ROAR gives us the dates for the carpet nats...it will only change if they fall on the same weekend.

With Gravity RC coming on board this year we will be using their tires for USGT the "Ride" spec tire and their "C" Carpet compound will the be spec tire for 17.5 sedan.

Also new for this season only Gravity RC traction compound will be allowed at the events. This should help with getting rid of the compound "slurry" that happens sometimes and make the racing groove up better for all.

Dates for this season's races…..
October 5th
November 16th
January 11th
February 8th
March 8th

All Races will be held at
~ The Track @ Harbor Hobbies in Winthrop Harbor, IL ~
http://www.harbor-hobby.net/

Classes
USGT……21.5 motor limit ROAR spec ESC
Expert Sedan….17.5 motor limit ROAR spec ESC
USVTA…..USVTA rules
Expert 12th Scale…..13.5 motor limit ROAR spec ESC 1 cell lipo
Sportsman sedan….. Rookie drivers with 17.5 motor MAX ROAR spec ESC

Cost $20.00 for the first class $15.00 every class after that.

Start time
Doors open at 8am….open practice until 11:00pm
First Qualifier at 11:15am….3 total qualifiers and single mains
8 cars max per heat and or main
All VTA, USGT and 17.5 Sedan Qualifiers are 5 min with 5 min mains
12th scale is 8 min with 8 min mains
USGT and VTA are all heads up starts
All Classes must have 5 cars entered to be raced that day

Rules…..
Sedan weight……….1380g
USGT weight……….4WD1450g FWD1400g
VTA weight...........1550g
12th scale weight……730g

Ride height 5mm for rubber tires and 3mm for foam tires
ROAR approved Lipo’s and Motors only for ROAR classes
No lipo higher than 8.40V for 2 cell and 4.20 for 1 cell packs will pass tech…this is a pass/fail rule if you fail you are not allowed to make that run.
Every lipo must be charged in a lipo sack or protective device.

USGT
Any 190mm 4wd or FWD Sedan chassis
Any 190-200mm USGT/2 door sports car bodies….NO ROAR/IFMAR listed bodies are allowed
Any ROAR approved 21.5 motor is allowed
Any Scale type molded plastic wing is allowed
Any Lexan wing must be no more than 10mm thick
Only Gravity RC USGT spec tire on spoked rims with stock inserts

Expert Sedan
Any 190mm 4wd Sedan Chassis
Only ROAR/IFMAR approved Bodies
Any ROAR approved 17.5 motor is allowed
No Rear wing higher than the roof of the body
Only Gravity RC "C" compound tries are allowed

USVTA
Any 1/10th scale 4WD sedan chassis
Only HPI part #4797 31mm Rear and #4793 26mm Front Vintage compound treaded tires with stock inserts are allowed
Tires must have full visible tread on tire at first qualifier of the day
Only Novak 25.5 motors are allowed
All Current USVTA rules will be followed
USVTA list of ESC’s will be in effect

Expert 12th Scale
Any 13.5 motor
Any 1-cell ROAR approved lipo
Any 12th scale foam tires

Final points standings will be based off of your 4 best results with 1 throw out race if you make all 5 races. 100 pts for the winner and 1 point less on down the results. TQ for the day gets 1 bonus point. In the event of a tie it would go to the number of top finshes if they are tied after that it will be a coin toss to determine the who get the position. In the event of a 3 way tie there will be a potato sack race down the straight-a-way!

Awards
All awards will be handed out at the end of the series....We plan to do actual Trophies this year and we might see the return of 6ft tall trophies!!!!
The Trophies will be based on turnout for the entire series.
Here is how they will break down if the class averages 5-9 people per event then we will only have a 1st place award.....10 people per event then we will do awards for the top 3 in the class.....if there is 11-15 people per event for the class there will be awards for the top 5.....if there is 15+ people per event for the class then there will be awards for the top 10.

Don’t forget to follow us on Facebook as well.....
I just want to point something out in this year's rules.

8.40V that means 2 decimal places and no analog multimeter
Old 06-20-2014, 06:34 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default mini ?????

So is there a chance for mini to be a class in the series if enough show up. I spent a large amount of time with my family and the koekema's ( Pacey, Scott, and owen) who mostly drive minis in sportsman. So where do they go beyound sportsman? Last year I thought we had a pretty good turnout, but I am certain it was the biggest TCS class last season. minis are by far the cheapest way to get into racing and if this is the end for minis then so be it. I will run trans am, it is too much fun to miss out on this series. I do think we should have sportsman run 21.5 - 25.5 or silver can. These kids/beginners do not need to break their own or other cars in every corner, they need to learn how to drive first that is just my opinion ( even a 21.5 should be geared not very agressive).

see you guys on October 5th
Old 07-02-2014, 07:39 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by mike.a
So is there a chance for mini to be a class in the series if enough show up. I spent a large amount of time with my family and the koekema's ( Pacey, Scott, and owen) who mostly drive minis in sportsman. So where do they go beyound sportsman? Last year I thought we had a pretty good turnout, but I am certain it was the biggest TCS class last season. minis are by far the cheapest way to get into racing and if this is the end for minis then so be it. I will run trans am, it is too much fun to miss out on this series. I do think we should have sportsman run 21.5 - 25.5 or silver can. These kids/beginners do not need to break their own or other cars in every corner, they need to learn how to drive first that is just my opinion ( even a 21.5 should be geared not very agressive).

see you guys on October 5th
Mike,

We were looking to make the days shorter and Mini along with LMP1 were both left off for this reason this time around. The kids can always run their mini's in the sportsman class. The max motor limit on sportsman is set so that someone wanting to get into "sedan" has some place to start. 21.5 or 25.5's are just fine to be used in the sportsman class. We feel that with 3 sedan classes now...VTA, USGT and 17.5 then you add Sportsman we have a good way for people to start someplace and move up as needed. Yes Mini is a cheap class but you can also get some cheap sedans these days too. We hope you and all the Mini drivers all understand why we did what we did.

On another note we are about 12 weekends away from the first race.....
Old 07-02-2014, 07:43 PM
Tech Champion

Also anyone that is going to be part of the USVTA National Points Championship the races this season will all be a good place to score some points for USGT and USVTA as they are the 2 highest number of entries classes of the series.
Old 07-03-2014, 09:41 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Kevin K
Mike,

We were looking to make the days shorter and Mini along with LMP1 were both left off for this reason this time around. The kids can always run their mini's in the sportsman class. The max motor limit on sportsman is set so that someone wanting to get into "sedan" has some place to start. 21.5 or 25.5's are just fine to be used in the sportsman class. We feel that with 3 sedan classes now...VTA, USGT and 17.5 then you add Sportsman we have a good way for people to start someplace and move up as needed. Yes Mini is a cheap class but you can also get some cheap sedans these days too. We hope you and all the Mini drivers all understand why we did what we did.

On another note we are about 12 weekends away from the first race.....
Thank you Kevin for the reply. Please understand we will all be there for this series :-) However I think if you want to save time, watching 2 to 3 12th scale cars around the track for 8min seems to be another area to look. Also sportman should always by 4min anyway, these kids do not have good batteries and do not need to bash around for any longer time to break more parts. This year we will have a large amount of sportsman I know of 3 more because Grant will have to move back to sportsman with no mini, so please can they have a controlled practice maybe at the top of every hour so they are not wrecking other cars. Thank you. and on a side note I feel bad for everyone who spent $200 on and LM1 car that is now a paper weight! sorry for the rant I will see you all in October.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.